You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Some fans on here have to live amongst them.

And some have them in their family as well. I will probably take some pleasure in just laughing in their faces like I do with the Gerrard crap, if this all comes to pass.

Google "FA v Luis Suarez - 14 December 2011" to see how "the matter was settled".

(I've tried posting a link, but it's not working.)

It's mostly filler, but I'll summarise for you.

The FA Panel found that, on the balance of probability, Suarez was guilty of seven counts of racially abusing Evra. 

The first 5 counts refer to stuff that Evra claims Suarez said in a crowded penalty box, with cameras and microphones trained on it.  There is absolutely no corroboration for these accusations: no witnesses, no recordings, nothing.  Evra's versions of these events changed several times with different re-tellings; Suarez's version remains consistent.  So, it's the word of one (inconsistent) man against another (consistent) one.  The punchline is that the FA side with Evra because they can see only two possibilities: either Evra is lying, to get Suarez into trouble; or Suarez is guilty and he's lying to get off the hook.  They side with Evra - the man who, months earlier they had found guilty of falsely accusing a Chelsea groundsman of racist abuse - because they cannot imagine that anyone would do anything as despicable as falsely accuse someone of racist abuse.

The stupidest thing FSG have ever done is failing to defend Suarez on this.  They should have used every appeal available - even suing the FA for libel, if it came to it.  Because they didn't (apparently at the behest of those corrupt, money-laundering cunts Standard Chartered - who were worried about the integrity of their brand!) our club is always going to be subject to accusations of this kind sticking, even when there's nothing to them.

That is my concern for the Bobby incident. No one else reacted, the ref was between them but didn't appear hear to anything, but judging from the above that doesn't appear to matter.

It's pretty clear to me that it stems from what Firmino said after the camera got obscured by Kenny. No one can say what happened for sure unless there's another camera angle. If no one heard anything at the time, considering they were all standing there, then it's pretty likely he misheard. Like others have said, the ref clearly hasn't heard it or he'd have sent him off. He was merely reporting the allegation, as he's also doing in his report. Surely this is all that needs to be said right now

There'll be no "definitive evidence" to clear him. How can there be? How do you prove that you didn't actually say something unless you're wearing a microphone? The best outcome (assuming Holgate doesn't say he was mistaken) is that the case will be unproven and the shit will stick in any event.

There'll be no "definitive evidence" to clear him. How can there be? How do you prove that you didn't actually say something unless you're wearing a microphone? The best outcome (assuming Holgate doesn't say he was mistaken) is that the case will be unproven and the shit will stick in any event.

He could be completely cleared and the bitters and mancs would continue to run with it.

I think a clear video, from a different angle, of the moment Firmino's face is obscured and the several witnesses including referee saying they heard nothing racist would be pretty definitive.

Guest Pistonbroke

Manchester derby, no video evidence of tunnel bust up which involved an injury, regardless of how severe or not.....no charges. 

It would surprise me if bans weren't handed out over this incident, regardless of what evidence or lack of evidence is forthcoming. 

The F.A work in mysterious ways.