You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Wasn’t that from an Everton website?

Their reliability on fact checking is usually dubious at best. 

Oh was it? I thought it was a newspaper or the BBC. I'm still not sure, but this Wikipedia article seems to indicate the points deduction does happen immediately (e.g. for Leeds)- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)

Surely this most Corinthian of clubs wouldn't try and game the system by doing this, avoiding relegation and not paying back most of their creditors?

This article does suggest there's a cut off point, although it refers to the EFL rather than the PL, and the deduction is only imposed if you're not going to be relegated-

Under EFL rules, you get an automatic 12-point penalty when you enter administration but when it is actually imposed depends on when the administration happens. If it happens before the fourth Thursday in March, it is imposed that season. But it if happens after the fourth Thursday in March and you would have been relegated with or without the 12-point penalty, it is imposed the following season.
That is what happened at Bolton. I was appointed in May, which had its advantages because the season was over, but it meant we started the following season on -12 points and with about 25 kids in the squad!

2 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Guessing they saw what happened with Forrest and decided to save a bit of face. 

Plus it doesn't matter now and they'll save on legal fees, the scavs.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

T-Rex's agent is earning his corn today, spreading rumours that Chelsea and Arsenal are interested in the shitehawk who has quite clearly found his level at the bottom of the table.

I’d love him to go to either. 

It would weaken both Everton and a side that could challenge for trophies. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

T-Rex's agent is earning his corn today, spreading rumours that Chelsea and Arsenal are interested in the shitehawk who has quite clearly found his level at the bottom of the table.

Can't be only person that, not realising which thread I was in, was thinking "but he already plays for Chelsea" when reading this...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, the Arsenal bit is especially funny given Raya has had a fine season and they still have worlds best keeper Ramsdale not getting matches. Clearly hoping someone decent will come drag him back from extinction.

1 hour ago, Tenfolder said:

Yeah, the Arsenal bit is especially funny given Raya has had a fine season and they still have worlds best keeper Ramsdale not getting matches. Clearly hoping someone decent will come drag him back from extinction.

I've mentioned before that if a keeper has 8 seasons in the Premier League and four relegation battles, he's probably part of the problem.

Maybe if his agent starts talking about Arsenal and Chelsea, he might end up somewhere like West Ham, Palace or Brighton.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Looks like they’re wearing a Portsmouth shirt next season.

IMG_1768.jpeg

So they have gone with Castore then, I'd heard rumours.

Their quality is shite. I picked up an Ireland shirt in JD last week, and all the stitching was pulling away before it was even sold, £75 as well.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

So they have gone with Castore then, I'd heard rumours.

Their quality is shite. I picked up an Ireland shirt in JD last week, and all the stitching was pulling away before it was even sold, £75 as well.

75 quid for a footy top? Fuck that!

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Pickford doesn’t have the mentality to play for a top club, he’s doesn’t have the concentration levels required for when he’s not involved in games for long periods. 

Unless England are playing completely hapless (San Marino, Faroe Islands etc) unless, he tends to concede - Panama & Iran scored in big tournaments. 

At Arsenal especially, every time the camera focused on him, he’d be doing shit like this…

20465297-7364-4A13-8572-039CD3B758B8.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

This popped up on Twitter before. Fucking hell what a gang of sad bastards 

They all just happened to be there while the game was on, of course.

30 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They all just happened to be there while the game was on, of course.

And their Real Madrid tops that cost £75.

I can remember my brother saying he went to the pub to watch the Istanbul final and his 3 evertonian mates missed the first 15 minutes of the game. They turned up in AC Milan away shirts. They said they had driven to four different Sports Direct shops to get these shirts that cost around £45 back then.

They even knew that ac milan were wearing their away kit but specifically chose it even though there were plenty of red/black home shirts in every shop. Funniest thing was that they turned up late and missed some of us getting battered and looked like a gang of cunts at the end.

They were made up 2 years later when they didn't have to buy another shirt. One of them dressed up as a Rabbi when we played Spurs in 2019. 

• Upvote 2

Weren’t Villa’s women’s team complaining that the Castore tops were too tight and showing their nipples off earlier in the season. I think McGinn was complaining about the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Weren’t Villa’s women’s team complaining that the Castore tops were too tight and showing their nipples off earlier in the season. I think McGinn was complaining about the same thing.

What a poof. Real men love seeing women's nipples.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2