You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Funnily enough I just came across this

( not literally)

FA099159-DA82-482E-B6D4-EEAD273F95CB.jpeg

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And yet they still think they're finishing mid-table.

There must have been some really mad shouts to drag the average as high as that.

Screenshot_2022-07-25-15-23-54-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Where are cheslea getting all their optimism from? Am I missing something, they seem to have had a poor summer so far? I think they'll struggle to hold on to their 3rd spot and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 5th or 6th unless they pull some good signings out of the bag quickly. Even then they've had no pre-season with them. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Where are cheslea getting all their optimism from? Am I missing something, they seem to have had a poor summer so far? I think they'll struggle to hold on to their 3rd spot and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 5th or 6th unless they pull some good signings out of the bag quickly. Even then they've had no pre-season with them. 

Chelsea have lost their best two defenders, plus the forward who was supposed to fix their striking woes when he arrived last summer - and yet you still think a bad season would see them just one place outside of the Champions League places. In the context of some of the other mad shouts in that list (the average Forest fans thinking they’ll end up around 12th), it’s not all that bonkers. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They had a lab and in that lab they took the blood from Alan Ball, the brain from William Dean and the body of a young Neville Southall then ran it through a unique innovative blue machine and ended up with John Merrick. 

130409114155-phil-neville-single-image-cutjpg.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ron B said:

Chelsea have lost their best two defenders, plus the forward who was supposed to fix their striking woes when he arrived last summer - and yet you still think a bad season would see them just one place outside of the Champions League places. In the context of some of the other mad shouts in that list (the average Forest fans thinking they’ll end up around 12th), it’s not all that bonkers. 

Don't be worrying about the teams at the bottom, of course they all have hope.

Their fans would think being out of the CL as a bad season, look at the position they're predicting. Chelsea were absolutely shite in the 2nd half of the season. They've lost players and added little with their manager moaning about the lack of signings from the new owners. Their expectation to improve their position i find odd. After losing abramovic, the drop off in performance - yet on average their fans are predicting an improved position on last season, which means they expect them to get past us or city. 

9 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I've always been intrigued by this "School of science" badge. What illustrious names have attended this world famous school of science, Richard feynman, Stephen Hawking, J. Robert Oppenheimer? And what world breaking Scientific achievements have been discovered there? 

Who needs trophies when you have Nobel Prizes. 

They definitely helped Stephen Hawking out with proving the theory of the explosion that led to the expansion of the known universe. If you listen carefully you can still hear the distinct echo of it on their matchdays….

Boooooooooooooooo(m)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Don't be worrying about the teams at the bottom, of course they all have hope.

Their fans would think being out of the CL as a bad season, look at the position they're predicting. Chelsea were absolutely shite in the 2nd half of the season. They've lost players and added little with their manager moaning about the lack of signings from the new owners. Their expectation to improve their position i find odd. After losing abramovic, the drop off in performance - yet on average their fans are predicting an improved position on last season, which means they expect them to get past us or city. 

Aye, I get it, but Chelsea fans have been spoilt rotten over the last 20 years. If a manager didn’t deliver the Champions League or title then they were invariably on their way, and the club would just throw money at whatever problems they had. Or sometimes throw money at problems they didn’t have in order to create new problems. 
It just seems mad that any Forest fan expects 12th, never mind that it’s the average prediction. The last time they finished that high was 26 years ago. The following season, Haaland’s dad was their top scorer (six league goals, not a vintage year). If that’s the average, what are the optimists smoking?

35 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Aye, I get it, but Chelsea fans have been spoilt rotten over the last 20 years. If a manager didn’t deliver the Champions League or title then they were invariably on their way, and the club would just throw money at whatever problems they had. Or sometimes throw money at problems they didn’t have in order to create new problems. 
It just seems mad that any Forest fan expects 12th, never mind that it’s the average prediction. The last time they finished that high was 26 years ago. The following season, Haaland’s dad was their top scorer (six league goals, not a vintage year). If that’s the average, what are the optimists smoking?

If you can't be an optimistic football fan, what's the point? They are still riding the high of their promotion and feel like the Premier League is their rightful home. Other promoted teams have had fairly decent seasons in the past, I imagine they just think well why not us?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

I think Forest will do ok. The City Ground will be a tough place to go for the mid/lower table sides. Maybe 12th is a bit optimistic but I reckon they'll stay up. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think Forest will do ok. The City Ground will be a tough place to go for the mid/lower table sides. Maybe 12th is a bit optimistic but I reckon they'll stay up. 

Yeah, I know. 12th wouldn’t leave me with my jaw on the ground. But if 12th is what the average Forest fan predicts - and assuming a few reckon “I’ll be happy with 17th, I just want to stay up,” - then what sort of bonkers expectations do some of them have?