You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Mentioned it before but after the 3:2 derby (Fowler sniffing the line) a load of them came round to the main stand and just started steaming into families. You'll remember it was quite narrow out the back there then, I was only young and had to climb onto the wall to stop myself getting filled in. 

I have fond memories of that game as it was the 1st time we had one in a derby in a few year's and it was a beast of a game.

In the early 90s you still had groups of reds going into the St end and vice versa but around 93/95 it definitely changed particularly at their place.

12 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The city was rife with them at one point.

I remember that rumour that he was going to get injured in the derby and be out for a weeks (98?)and from memory he did get injured. 

Crazy looking back.

There was loads of rumours he was on the lemo at one point and I remember saying to someone in a boozer that if you are on that all the time  you certainly don't put weight on,which he did

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Mentioned it before but after the 3:2 derby (Fowler sniffing the line) a load of them came round to the main stand and just started steaming into families. You'll remember it was quite narrow out the back there then, I was only young and had to climb onto the wall to stop myself getting filled in. 

First time I noticed it getting nasty too. I was in the Anfield Road for it and two angry blues had managed to get seats by us. They were trying to start on me and my mates calling us “Norwegians” even though we were obviously scouse. One of them spat at my mate. He didn’t react, just walked off, got a steward and had them chucked out. 

That Fowler line sniff derby, wasn't that the one when Paddy Berger scored (the winner I think)?

Paddy's car got pelted with glasses and bottles when he drove past the Royal Oak and was stopped at the lights. His missus and little lad were in the car and were terrified. 

15 minutes ago, dave u said:

That Fowler line sniff derby, wasn't that the one when Paddy Berger scored (the winner I think)?

Paddy's car got pelted with glasses and bottles when he drove past the Royal Oak and was stopped at the lights. His missus and little lad were in the car and were terrified. 

I think Berger scored to put us 3-1 in front. Gerrard made a couple of goal line clearances, didn’t he? I wore a navy Lacoste polo shirt, cream Armani jeans and Timberland deck shoes. I smoked two Marlboro menthol cigarettes at half time.

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, dave u said:

Yeah Berger made it 3:1 then they pulled one back, Gerrard came on and cleared off the line. I remember him screaming at the other players to get back. He was still only a kid. 

Absolute vermin they are, and they go on about us lashing a bottle at a coach? They burnt Wimbledons coach out but they just ignore that. 

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I think Berger scored to put us 3-1 in front. Gerrard made a couple of goal line clearances, didn’t he? I wore a navy Lacoste polo shirt, cream Armani jeans and Timberland deck shoes. I smoked two Marlboro menthol cigarettes at half time.

Flawless Tone.

90’s cream jeans needn’t make a comeback though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

When I spot Tone on the Kop that day...

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I have fond memories of that game as it was the 1st time we had one in a derby in a few year's and it was a beast of a game.

In the early 90s you still had groups of reds going into the St end and vice versa but around 93/95 it definitely changed particularly at their place.

I think in the ground it started to change with all seats. When it was terraces, you stood with your group. They used to congregate on the main stand side of the kop, we used to down the front of the gwladys street and the park end corner of the paddock and lower bullens. Then all seats came and it meant individuals were isolated and easy pickings for the bullies. I'm sure that was true both ways. 

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

This reads like a Richard Burton diary entry.

Screenshot_2022-04-23-21-52-37-31_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 16/04/2022 at 20:38, Bruce Spanner said:

INCOMING!!!!

Work Blue just text me, after our game, out of the blue, no pun intended...

Anyhows, he's figured it out.

The reason Everton are doing so poorly this season is becuase teams respect them too much and put their best teams and performances in against them and they don't bother doing that with the rest of the dross, so they are a victim of their own aura/success and teams put in a shift to beat them as they're a huge scalp.

Ifithandtofbeforeveryonewantingtowinwedbewinners.

Remarkable.

Hahahaha

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

DCL - not his fault the magazine have timed the release of the article now.

Rafa - Redshite cunt doing this now!

Notice how he avoids answering the question around no money...its all Rafa's fault. Hope we batter these arrogant no marks today.