You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryan Babel Hasn't Forgotten

norwichlfc

Have we not learnt anything off Torres? He's an active twitter user, all he has to do is search #lfc or #Torres and see the stick he's getting. He probably thinks "a few tweets saying YNWA after I left and their fans will love me forever. "

Might be being cynical but I don't trust any of them apart from carragher and gerrard. Any further PR releases now will be taken with a pinch of salt.

Anfield reaches deep into your heart, nowhere else will be the same for any player that's been here. The fans enliven your soul, the history echoes in eternity.

There is no redemption for those who leave, they are forever entwined in the vines of memory that seep within them.

Take note Fernando.

Babel have always been loyal to this club, even though he have been batted around, and have tough times, he always fought for his place in the team, and tried to improve. Great to see he still pay his respect to the club even though he didnt achieve as much success as he clearly wanted to.

Can anyone confirm Babel was taking the piss out of Torres on Twitter? Something along the lines of 'How did Tor*** forgotten his name do?'

RyanBabel Ryan Babel

So how did Torr, * Cough * To *Cough again * uhmm yall know who I mean, how did he played?

RyanBabel Ryan Babel

I'm on the airport at the moment, so give me a lil update .. Is Torr * don't know how 2 pronounce it * starting? Lol #Jokes

:yes:

Have we not learnt anything off Torres? He's an active twitter user, all he has to do is search #lfc or #Torres and see the stick he's getting. He probably thinks "a few tweets saying YNWA after I left and their fans will love me forever. "

Might be being cynical but I don't trust any of them apart from carragher and gerrard. Any further PR releases now will be taken with a pinch of salt.

You complete an utter bellend..

Edited by bonesman

• 9 months later...

And Balotelli thinks his world is wacky....

Ex-Liverpool FC player Ryan Babel’s clash with Spongebob Squarepants (yes, you really did read that) - News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

FORMER Liverpool FC star Ryan Babel has been involved in a foul-mouthed fall-out... with TV character Spongebob Squarepants!

The Dutchman who now plays in Germany for Hoffenheim, revealed the bizarre story on his Twitter feed this week.

A kids’ party staged by Babel turned sour when a children’s entertainer dressed as Spongebob removed his face covering to light a cigarette, started blowing smoke in the children’s faces, then revealed he had recently been released from jail!

Babel revealed the chain of events on Twitter.

He began: “If you invite a character to a kid’s birthday party, you want to see that character be that character.

“Spongebob was taking his helmet off and was smoking a cigarette in front of the kids.

“Spongebob doesn’t take his face off on TV and show a black face underneath it.

“So, I got mad at Spongebob in front of the kids – and when I get mad, I get loud, I get rude.

“I said: ‘Spongebob! Put your helmet on and put the damn cigarettes out! You can’t smoke in front of the kids man, are you crazy?!”

But ‘Spongebob’ had a surprise in store for Babel.

“Here is the thing that made it bad,” said the winger. “Nobody told me that Spongebob was fresh out of jail.

“He was like: ‘EYY MAN..EFF YOU AND THESE UGLY ASS KIDS... I JUST GOT OUT AND I’M HERE 2 GET PAID...’”

Babel continued: “I’m such a sissy that when I heard ‘jail’ my wholeeeee attitude changed.

“I said: ‘Noo, noo, ur not listening – I didn’t say you CAN’T smoke. I just said don’t blow it in their faces.

“‘That’s all I’m saying, Spongebob. I mean, blow the smoke up or something – smoke... but just give the kids a chance 2 not have cancer, that’s it.’”

In response to a follower, who clearly found the episode rather amusing, Babel said: “Laugh at my pain!”

During his Anfield days, Babel got into trouble with his Twitter account for posting a mocked up photograph of referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

And this week the Dutch international was forced to hit back at criticism from Hoffenheim team-mate Tom Starke.

Under fire for supposedly failing to help Hoffenheim in their bid to climb the Bundesliga table from their current position of ninth, Starke claimed that Babel, who is Hoffenheim’s second highest scorer in the league this season with three goals, has not been portraying a positive attitude.

But Babel told BILD: “I think it is not one player who loses a game. It’s a team that wins or loses matches.”

Babel's ace, shame he was shit at footy

is it common place in Germany for Jailbirds to go to Children's parties?

Does anybody remember a comedy programme on Sky called ' In Living Colour' with all of the Wayans brothers involved.

The oldest Wayans used to have a character called ' Homey the Clown' who was working out his community service as a clown & the running gag was Homey threatening the kids,taking money off the kids with menaces, doing drugs at the parties & refusing to make balloon shapes with the catchphrase

' Homey don't do dat '.

It would seem that this erstwhile Spongebob must have been watching & taking notes.

Ryan Babel Legend never really got the chance with us but I always believed in you YNWA

There were times when he wasn't getting a game and people (myself included) were crying out for him - but then he came in and did nowt.

Compare that to Maxi in the last few months. If Babel had been that effective when he was given his chance, then he could still be here.

There were times when he wasn't getting a game and people (myself included) were crying out for him - but then he came in and did nowt.

Compare that to Maxi in the last few months. If Babel had been that effective when he was given his chance, then he could still be here.

I would've liked to see him under a more attack minded manager, he wasn't disciplined enough for Rafa's system, same could be said about Woy's but I'd just say his made everyone look shite then Kenny came in who would probably get more out of him but sold him pretty much straight away