You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roma want AA back

ADP10

TUTTO MERCATO WEB - Roma, pazza idea: il ritorno di Aquilani

"L'avventura di Alberto Aquilani (26) a Liverpool non sta andando nel migliore dei modi. Acquistato la scorsa estate, con i problemi alla caviglia ancora in corso di risoluzione, il centrocampista ha faticato a trovare la condizione migliore e la prima squadra gli ha di conseguenza concesso spazi limitati. L'ambiente di Liverpool si sta ponendo i primi dubbi sull'effettiva resa del giocatore, arrivato con la pretesa di succedere a Xabi Alonso, anche se il tecnico Benitez ostenta ancora fiducia nel ragazzo. Secondo delle voci che stanno circolando a Trigoria negli ultimi giorni, riportate anche da "Il processo dei tifosi", in onda su Teleroma56 nella serata di ieri, la Roma ha fatto un sondaggio informale, attraverso Pradè, per riportare Aquilani in giallorosso già da questa estate. Al momento non si può nemmeno parlare di trattativa allo stato embrionale, trattandosi ancora del campo delle idee. Ma un primo, labile segnale in questo senso è già partito."

Just rumours basically...but there could be something...

(They would probably ask for a loan anyway)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I wouldn't sell him at a loss after just 4 league starts. He's coming back from 2 years worth of injuries and surgery and he is doing so in a much faster, more physical league. Not to mention that he's hardly been put into a team that is playing well.

Assuming we don't give him away on loan and try to recoup at least the majority of what we spent on him - £13m or so - Roma don't have the money.

They also don't need him. They're flying.

Which is something I am absolutely certain Serafino is enjoying watching. Especially with Ranieri in charge...

Like I said, stop the impatience and give it time...when he first arrived everyone said he'll need this season just to get ready for next, let's see what happens next season.

Agree we dont know anything about him yet.Give him a full season before we judge him.

Obviously he must be something the likes of which we have never seen before.

Why else would Rafa pay £20 million on a player knowing he wouldn't be able to play regular till the following season.

I still can't believe him doing that and never will.

I put this in the Aquilani thread the other day. Sorry to say it but Rafa's head should roll if we've paid €5m plus a years wages to get the lad fit only to give him back.

We just haven't got the money for someone to be wasting so regularly. When you look at the Keane, Riera, Dossena and now possibly AA the majority of his latest big siginings have been duds.

Naaa, but they would probably say give him back on loan and we will get him fit for you.

Wasn't there a line of thought that they were to blame for him spending so much time out injured in the first place? I think the last thing he needs is to be back at the mercy of Roma's medical team.

Wasn't there a line of thought that they were to blame for him spending so much time out injured in the first place? I think the last thing he needs is to be back at the mercy of Roma's medical team.

Well they can't be much worse than our medical team.

If AA is wanted by Roma and they're willing to pay £20m+, I'd say sell him.

Rafa's big money buys don't exactly give him a vote of confidence. Out of AA, Johnson and Keane (ugh) I'd say Johnson's the only decent buy, and even that's up for debate.