You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Jack

Cheers!

There's no doubting that Aurelio CAN play on the left of midfield, but he's a left back primarily. He was brought on to help shackle SWP, simple as that.

You don't know what Rafa was thinking, simple as that. Shackling SWP and being able to deliver a decent set piece were probably part of the reasoning.

But I really can't see why you would want to make a big deal out of a minor detail like that when the season has imploded in such spectacular fashion. When you score two goals at home, it should be three points in the bag. We can't expect to produce miraculous last minute wins every week.

We needed someone to take the game to them. Aurelio is not that player.

We totally dominated since Aurelio got on, if my alcohol induced memory serves me correct. But again, it is really not a big deal who came on as the last sub, when the club is in a severe crisis.

No Paco - We were MUCH worse in 92/93 and 93/94 - the first two seasons of the Premier League when amongst others we let in 2 at Old Trafford (and scored two in 1992), FIVE at Highfield Road, 3 at Hillsborough, another 3 at St James Park, FOUR at Ewood Park and another 4 at Villa Park so bad as we are now it's been much, much worse in the past.

I to don't know why we're showing the same problems game in, game out but I wonder if it's because our best headers of the ball (Agger, Maybe Aquilani and Gerrard) along with our best exponents of Zonal Marking/those who understand it best (like Carragher, Hyppia whose gone and again Agger) haven't been present in the team. The fact many of our taller players like Alonso, Hyppia and Arbeloa being gone hasn't helped matters either - NOR has the fact that since 2006, Rafa' seems to have been unwilling or unable to teach the team HOW to combat running jumps at the ball (ESP' in the penalty area) at set pieces with either running jumps or 'crowding out' defending of our own. I'd say THOSE are what's costing us at set-pieces and for whatever reason, Rafa' has yet to find the answers to them - Being unable (via lack of money and embarrassing non-support in the transfer market) to bring in taller centre halves to replace Sami who are FROM this league thanks to the aliens we call owners can't have helped matters though - someone REALLY needs to shoot those two and soon............

I want to know what Pellegrino is doing?

Isn't it his job to look after the back four and marshall the zonal marking system into them?!

Since he's arrived we have got significantly worse in this area. Maybe it is not his responsiblity, but if it isn't what does he do?!

I want to know what Pellegrino is doing?

Isn't it his job to look after the back four and marshall the zonal marking system into them?!

Since he's arrived we have got significantly worse in this area. Maybe it is not his responsiblity, but if it isn't what does he do?!

He says 'Si Rafa'

No Paco - We were MUCH worse in 92/93 and 93/94 - the first two seasons of the Premier League when amongst others we let in 2 at Old Trafford (and scored two in 1992), FIVE at Highfield Road, 3 at Hillsborough, another 3 at St James Park, FOUR at Ewood Park and another 4 at Villa Park so bad as we are now it's been much, much worse in the past.

I to don't know why we're showing the same problems game in, game out but I wonder if it's because our best headers of the ball (Agger, Maybe Aquilani and Gerrard) along with our best exponents of Zonal Marking/those who understand it best (like Carragher, Hyppia whose gone and again Agger) haven't been present in the team. The fact many of our taller players like Alonso, Hyppia and Arbeloa being gone hasn't helped matters either - NOR has the fact that since 2006, Rafa' seems to have been unwilling or unable to teach the team HOW to combat running jumps at the ball (ESP' in the penalty area) at set pieces with either running jumps or 'crowding out' defending of our own. I'd say THOSE are what's costing us at set-pieces and for whatever reason, Rafa' has yet to find the answers to them - Being unable (via lack of money and embarrassing non-support in the transfer market) to bring in taller centre halves to replace Sami who are FROM this league thanks to the aliens we call owners can't have helped matters though - someone REALLY needs to shoot those two and soon............

yes but isn't that why pellegrino was brought in first as player and now as coach? He has played under rafa at valenica and would know the zonal marking as well as anyone. I know he was brought in as cover but also he must have been brought in to help the defence learn how rafa wanted to defend. Now he's back as coach surely they work on this a lot in training but we seem to be getting worse instead of improving. Johnson is new to all this, as is kyrgiakos, although i'm sure he has come across it somewhere in his career but Skrtel has been here for at least 2 years and we haven't changed the way we defend corners apart from bringing players off the posts but surely that means we should have more players in the area where the ball will be played into from the corners. we have our whole outfield 10 in our own box for fuck sake and we are still letting goals in. I just don't understand how we can still be making the same mistakes we've been making from day one in the season, it's fucking ridiculous.

Bringing players OFF the posts is one of the problems IMHO - Look at Adebayor yesterday, Carlton Cole at West Ham in September and Curtis Davis for Villa in August - ALL of them had free headers which went in and ALL of them COULD have been deflected/headed away by a man on the post - But we don't do that anymore do we? And look just HOW it's cost us...............

Whatever mate; Listen, It's the way I write on ALL websites on the Internet, whomever I talk to - I've done it for years now and am unlikely to change now so sorry about that but there you go. I May tone it down though if you tell me what on Earth Negged means?

If you get negged it means what you're doing/saying is wrong.

Such as capitalising random words. If the words are important I'll get that when I read it, I don't need the help of your caps lock key.

Okey - cheers for that - Before you think I'm an idiot - I Honestly did not know what Negged meant - Never heard of it before on here. Anyway - Do you agree with my point re men on the posts being removed costing us several of the (stupid) goals we've conceded this season?

And do you agree with something else I've just thought of? Stop bloody ESPN screening our games - Especially our home ones!!! So far, we've had the Villa disaster and the Birmingham debacle at home on ESPN and the West Ham 'Liverpool defensive comedy show for London' away game on ESPN and it Can't be a coincidence that we've seen LFC horror shows in defence in all three can it? We were never this bad on Setanta bar the Portsmouth game in February with a reserve side - Looking back, That was a warning wasn't it? Of what lies in wait under the American cancers?

I mean who'd have thought we'd start and play the first damn third of this entire f*cking season with flaming reserve sides On the pitch in place of hordes of first teamers? And all because those tight w*nkers took away half of Rafa's transfer budget And made him sell half our backup strength Without replacing it; No wonder we're in a bloody Godawful mess on and off the pitch - The sooner someone Shoots those two or at least Forces them out the bloody better for Liverpool - It's gone on Waaaaaay to long now and is as far beyond a joke as can be. They NEED removing now and I reall don't care how it's done but the sooner, the better.........................

It seems to me some of our players thinks they are not allowed to move when using zonal marking at set pieces.

I`ve never been a fan of Skrtel and I`ve always pointed to his weakness at defending his zone inside the box from crosses and that he often gets caught out, Saturdays two goals wee prime examples on both.

Another thing, why on earth did the twat Dowd not book the dancing beaut Adebayo for his pathetic dive, you would think the refs would throw the book at obvious attempts at cheating after midweeks headlines.

In the current situation I also will question the decision to move Carragher to right back as that means weakening two posistions in an already fragile defense to try and get decent cover in one of them.

The result was a massive disappointment but I`m actually more positive after the weekend than before, its become obvious for me that neither Villa, City or Spurs ae good enough to finish ahead of us, we will improve sooner or later, but I think the others are performing at their level.

City will get Robinho back soon, but I think both their midfield and defense is poor so I`m not really worried about them as long as they have Hughes as their manager, Tottenham will be the main contender but like always they will implode, if we can get 70 points, 4th should be well secured.