You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no point apportioning blame in all of this mess be it Rafa, the Owners or players form.

The very simple question we should be asking is how the fuck is Rafa going to get us out of this mess and if he cant get us out of this mess what are we going to do about it.

nothing by the looks of it. same applies with the owner situation

nothing by the looks of it. same applies with the owner situation

I can only see Rafa taking us backwards and see him as damaged goods that will never get it back, so obviously what does the club do about it, repeat the mistakes of Houllier's time or act.

The reality here is unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the owners thats fairly clear now but maybe there is something we can do about the team.

Ive always wanted the owners out before Rafa but I now realise they are going nowhere and therefore you want the best for the team as its team week in week out that gives you enjoyment or not as in the present

Who's patronising now? Get off your high horse professor. Nobody is comparing anyone to anyone.

The issue is that the team regressed for a period under Shanks just as it has regressed under Benitez.

The question is do you allow a manager to correct his mistakes or do you knee-jerk and bring in a replacement?

As far as I'm aware the Club has never dispensed with the services of a manager mid-season and I hope we don't start down that road now.

I'm sorry I fucking started on this one now. I'm off to Hungary first thing Monday to support an under-performing team of highly paid professionals - why don't you pop along to the local garden centre or B & Q to sort out your christmas decorations?

Then, after you've watched another abject performance on the box logon to TLW where you can point out to us lesser mortals the errors a European Cup winning manager is making on a match by match basis.

1. I'm not a professor.

2. I don't have a horse.

3. Erm,you did kinda compare Shanks and Benitez with your fuckin ridiculous, irrelevant question.

4. Kneejerk???? Ha hahahahahahh

5. Good luck with your completely irrelevant visit to Hungary

5.I don't do B & Q.

6. Don't enter threads with your dismissive superfan shite and you might, just might, not get your arse handed back to you.

Who's patronising now? .

I'm off to Hungary first thing Monday to support an under-performing team of highly paid professionals - why don't you pop along to the local garden centre or B & Q to sort out your christmas decorations?

Seriously, has there ever been a more wank post in the history of TLW than this fucking abortion?

Who's patronising now? .

I'm off to Hungary first thing Monday to support an under-performing team of highly paid professionals - why don't you pop along to the local garden centre or B & Q to sort out your christmas decorations?

Seriously, has there ever been a more wank post in the history of TLW than his fucking abortion?

Chicago Red's will always be unbeatable IMO but this runs a close second

I can only see Rafa taking us backwards and see him as damaged goods that will never get it back, so obviously what does the club do about it, repeat the mistakes of Houllier's time or act.

The reality here is unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the owners thats fairly clear now but maybe there is something we can do about the team.

Ive always wanted the owners out before Rafa but I now realise they are going nowhere and therefore you want the best for the team as its team week in week out that gives you enjoyment or not as in the present

There's nothing you & I and anyone on here can do. The vast majority of 'supporters' will still go and sit in their seat quietly taking pictures on their Iphones and shit.

Rafa is becoming a problem but we have much bigger ones than him. Which IMO shows what a shit state the club is in. As i said earlier i think Rafa needs help fro his backroom staff. Unfortunately they are all fucking sheep. No disrepsect to Sammy lee though as he's a top fella but he's not the kinda person to stand up and say something is bollocks/wrong. Rafa won't admit it but he misses Pako & Paco. He didn't last season as most things went right for him but when the chips are down, you don't just need support, you need help. IMO Rafa needs help. I'm torn, part of me feels sorry for him, the other part feels its a situation of his own making. He's almost become a dictator, trying to control everything.

I'm sorry I fucking started on this one now. I'm off to Hungary first thing Monday to support an under-performing team of highly paid professionals - why don't you pop along to the local garden centre or B & Q to sort out your christmas decorations?

what utter condesending drivel.

guess you were the in the Ukraine, Bulgaria, Lithuania etc etc too eh. could have shared a beer maybe then

I've just watched a re-run after getting back ( masochist that's me ), and you can actually see Martin saying to Pepe 'That's not my zone' when Pep has a go at him.

The funny thing is that I thought we were pretty good against defensive set-pieces today generally & actually seemed to be aggressively attacking our own set-pieces for once.

One thing I don't understand is that we have 2 defensive midfielders but other teams seek to get their attacking midfielders in space behind them & our defenders so easily ( Ireland & Tevez today just seemed to wander toward the edge of our box totally unattended ).

It's one of the things that absolutely enrages me about our set-up. It is the main reason the CB's have all been having shockers, they get zero protection from midfield; it's a case of one decent pass and you're running at the Liverpool back four. I can remember one point in the 05-06 season when Hyypia hadn't actually been ran at in months - because Alonso and Sissoko/Gerrard were doing their jobs.

It also begs the question, if Mascherano and Lucas aren't protecting the defence, just why are they in the team? Their uncanny ability to balloon shots into the top the kop despite being urged not to shoot?

Edited by Kevin D

I've just watched a re-run after getting back ( masochist that's me ), and you can actually see Martin saying to Pepe 'That's not my zone' when Pep has a go at him.

The funny thing is that I thought we were pretty good against defensive set-pieces today generally & actually seemed to be aggressively attacking our own set-pieces for once.

One thing I don't understand is that we have 2 defensive midfielders but other teams seek to get their attacking midfielders in space behind them & our defenders so easily ( Ireland & Tevez today just seemed to wander toward the edge of our box totally unattended ).

Very good points because Skrtel is right it wasnt his zone if you are going to play Zonal marking.

Even though he looks at fault its not his fault at all.

Its just a team in dissarray

That Aurelio substitution was disguting, truly disgusting.

And what of Aquilani? 1-1 at home in a game you're desperate to win and still there are two defensive midfielders playing.

Just fuck off.

"Our season starts here" he said.

Then sends out a left fucking back when it is 2-2 and when we are in desperate need of a win.

I don't know who the fuck he is trying to kid here with his substitutions. He should start to think about growing a set of balls.

Zone this zone that.

Alls it took was for Skrtel not to follow Adebayor out.

Even Andy Gray said it; no great piece of movement or skill, he literraly just walked backwards 4 yards and we were fucked.

I'm not sure it's that simple. It looks to me like with the zonal marking the players seem to focus more on where the ball comes, while when you man-mark you usually keep hold on where the player you mark moves and makes more of an effort stopping them from moving freely. Let's be hones, our zonal marking has been found out a long time ago and it has cost us.

I'm not saying we should drop it, but Rafa has to make it easier for the players to understand it, because right now it looks like some players don't have a clue what to do.

Hungary and out of the Champions League on tuesday

Yerrrrrrs. I was kind of meaning what does rafa have to do to get people on side.

Despite what some may want to portray there is clearly a large and growing opinion that rafa has gone as far as he can with us for whatever the reasons.

With our Champions League fate resting in someone elses hands it looks like he has to pull a massive rabbit out of the hat where the league is concerned.

I think his play it safe attitude is going to cost him and us big time. How does he turn it around?

I'm not sure it's that simple. It looks to me like with the zonal marking the players seem to focus more on where the ball comes, while when you man-mark you usually keep hold on where the player you mark moves and makes more of an effort stopping them from moving freely. Let's be hones, our zonal marking has been found out a long time ago and it has cost us.

I'm not saying we should drop it, but Rafa has to make it easier for the players to understand it, because right now it looks like some players don't have a clue what to do.

Seriously, he could have moved four hards to his side and stopped that goal.