You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not saying we should drop it, but Rafa has to make it easier for the players to understand it, because right now it looks like some players don't have a clue what to do.

You make it sound like its defending by numbers saying rafa has to make it easier for the players to understand!

Zones dont move, players do. Zones dont score, players do. Just how hard is it for some people to grasp zonal isnt working and it hasnt worked that well for 5 years.

Even Roy Evans on LFC.tv tonight was saying zonal isnt working and we need to consider other options. Roy being the loveable man that he is tried his best to defend rafa but his comments laid bare his opinion.

It aint working. Wrong personel or not. Its broke. It needs fixing.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zig, I just dont know what type of game or even game benitez is keeping Aquilani back for. There always seems to be a reason why he doesnt use him. He's fit enough to be named as a sub but never used.

I dont buy this 'it wasnt the right sub to make' that some claim.

To me, it goes to the root of why the filth win those games we seem to draw. In other words, they are more adventurous, more prepared to go for it.

Im beginning to think benitez is worried if he puts him on and he gets injured, he's going to be in for massive stick. But at the same time, he cant wrap Aquilani in cotton wool in the PL.

You're right about the injury side of things, if that was why he wasn't brought on today then I'd be disappointed because it's now the arse end of November and the most pessimistic medical opinion that I recall would have had him ready for regular first team football right now, although I still wouldn't expect to see him at the top of his game until January at least.

When I look at the posts castigating Benitez for bringing Aurelio on though, I can't help but think that if he'd gone for Aquilani and City had sneaked in down the left at the death to win it, about 10% of those posts would say something like:

Not our day today, thought we had a point at 2-2 but we just went to sleep for a second and it cost us. Still, good performance overall though, let's hope the lads can lift themselves for the midweek game.

and the rest would be something like:

FFS :wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt: £20m for a player that cant tackle useless fuckin cunt

six games lost = time to go rafa

weve got a striker playin right wing now we put a central midfielder on the left an leave riera & aurelio on the bench wtf rafa?!!???!?!?!??

Fucking Insua again, the lad needs dropping. Preferably off a building.

Fuck off with your negative tactics Rafa, should have brought Riera on to run at them for the last ten minutes.

lucas is shit

Fuck off with your negative tactics Rafa, should have brought Aurelio on to bang the crosses in for the last ten minutes.

At least we aren't drawing as many games at home this season.

The last one would be Hermes, obviously.

You're right about the injury side of things, if that was why he wasn't brought on today then I'd be disappointed because it's now the arse end of November and the most pessimistic medical opinion that I recall would have had him ready for regular first team football right now, although I still wouldn't expect to see him at the top of his game until January at least.

When I look at the posts castigating Benitez for bringing Aurelio on though, I can't help but think that if he'd gone for Aquilani and City had sneaked in down the left at the death to win it, about 10% of those posts would say something like:

and the rest would be something like:

The last one would be Hermes, obviously.

Why didn't Riera come on instead of Aurelio?

Once the rot creeps in you can never turn it round.

***COUGH***

howard_kendall.jpgAlex+Ferguson+left_1744_18864318_0_0_7016539_300.jpg

Sorry - Haven't read the whole thread because its going into meltdown and some of the posts I have seen are seriously winding me up.

Just back from the game and obvioulsy I'm as frustrated as everbody else.

With regards to today from the moment we had to make the second substitution on 16 minutes the game was always going to be a struggle. With the lack of resources and some of our better players struggling for form and fitness we just can't put sufficient quality onto the field at the moment.

As far as the general situation is concerned then its up to the manager and players to turn it around and the quicker the better. This may be an old fashioned view but Rafael Benitez is the manager of this club. End of. We close ranks, put our house in order and tell the rest of the world to fuck off.

I am a Liverpool supporter and as such fully behind the manager and whatever XI take to the field for our club regardless of any issues I may have with selection and substitutions. I do not see this as being conditional - you are either a supporter or you aren't. For us or against us.

If you don't want to go to the match because Mourinho would make a better manager than Benitez - or the Mancs have got better players than we have - then take the wife to M&S instead.

If you want to fucking cry about the manager, Lucas or the tea lady then go and ring Spooney or some other blert on 606.

Or better still go and join that shite across the Park or them cunts at the other end of the Lancs.

Off for the relative sanity of a couple of beers, a takeaway curry and X Factor with the wife.

Love you all.

I can't believe this post got so much stick, it was pretty far from the superfan accusation I saw as a response. The message about backing the team in the ground no matter what is the right one in my opinion, as is the closing ranks opinion when the press smell blood. Most of the crying twats on this thread are the same crying twats on every other match thread and have never fucking been a match in their lives. It's largely hysterical nonsense from youngsters without a clue.

I remember Sammy Lee being subbed at Anfield as he walked off a huge cheer went up, he then ran off as fast as little legs could carry him.

Alan is right, he was booed as was Skippy on occasions.

It wasn't right then Andy, and it isn't right now.

Obviously, but he clearly didn't see it before it was too late.

He was stood next to him until about three seconds before the goal.

And what kind of challenge was that he put in too? Some sort of fucking karate kick thing. He shoul be flinging himself at that.

I can't believe this post got so much stick, it was pretty far from the superfan accusation I saw as a response. The message about backing the team in the ground no matter what is the right one in my opinion, as is the closing ranks opinion when the press smell blood. Most of the crying twats on this thread are the same crying twats on every other match thread and have never fucking been a match in their lives. It's largely hysterical nonsense from youngsters without a clue.

No it is hollier than now bullshit.

Of course people are going to support the fucking team in the ground.

But to suggest you can't criticise a floundering manager on a fucking forum is just plain moronic and condesending. I happen to think every single fucker on here wants Rafa to succeed, becuase that would make Liverpool successful. The fact that we are far from being successful is bringing out supporter questioning the managers credentials and abilities is not a suprise.

those that have criticised the statement from what i've seen are those that DO go the the game.

No it is hollier than now bullshit.

Of course people are going to support the fucking team in the ground.

But to suggest you can't criticise a floundering manager on a fucking forum is just plain moronic and condesending. I happen to think every single fucker on here wants Rafa to succeed, becuase that would make Liverpool successful. The fact that we are far from being successful is bringing out supporter questioning the managers credentials and abilities is not a suprise.

those that have criticised the statement from what i've seen are those that DO go the the game.

Given some of the stuff posted on here mate that can't be true. Some of the vitriol directed towards him has been downright disgraceful.

Given some of the stuff posted on here mate that can't be true. Some of the vitriol directed towards him has been downright disgraceful.

I don't think anyone wants to see us lose. Some people express anger in different ways. I agree some of it is disgraceful but I don't think the same people would want to see us lose.

frustration i think. people might not like rafa but they still want hm to succeed. If they don't then they simply are not Liverpool fans. IMO supporters can dislike players, coaches, managers but they surely dep down still want them to do well. I couldn't stand collymore but i was fucking delighted when he decided to show up and play to his potential (albeit not many times) for some reason i remember going mental at his goal against derby

I don't think anyone wants to see us lose. Some people express anger in different ways. I agree some of it is disgraceful but I don't think the same people would want to see us lose.

I disagree mate, I think certain people want him to fail to prove their point.

Nobody on here wants to see us lose, we just have different ideas of how we can go about being successful.

Accusing people of wanting us to lose, is the act of a desperate man who has pretty much nothing else to fall back on. It's a shitbag thing to do.

In my opinion of course.