You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup QF, 2nd Leg vs Chelsea

The Chef

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 4th, Drogba shunted his marker in the ribs. Roles reversed, he'd have been down like a sack of shit. They got a throw in though, and scored. The referee, after giving us a penalty, fell for every single example from their vast repertoire of cuntery tonight, and fucked up on injury time.

But enough about them. I echo the sentiments everywhere through this thread: I'm fucking proud to be a red. Tonight and tomorrow afternoon show what we're about, and I struggle to put it into words, except: players, staff, fellow red men, I salute you all.

Why the Lucas hating tonight? I thought the lad had a decent game. Is it just because he's not Steven Gerrard or was there some massively calamitous error that I missed?

If this were a night for recriminations, I could slag Aurelio for not being tight enough to Anelka for their first, or Pepe for being beaten at his near post, crafty touch from Drogba or not; I could slag Xabi for giving the ball away for their fourth (?) or Carra for being out-muscled by Drogba for one too. And how about Torres for his early miss, Dirk for ballooning a couple of crosses into the stands and Yossi for, well I'm sure I could think of something if you gave me long enough. But that would be totally and utterly missing the point, wouldn't it?

Every single Red on that pitch was heroic tonight and regardless of whether or not we win the league, I now understand exactly how much Rafa has achieved with such a relatively limited squad. We are on the cusp of great, great things; let's not demean it by picking holes, eh boys?

I've only got room for one emotion tonight and that's pride. We were magnificent. Stamford Bridge witnessed greatness tonight and deep down they all know it: we are a great club and they are nothing more than noveau. Bring on the Arse.

Well said Paul. Set against the backdrop of our ridiculous owners, this season has been a revelation. there will be what ifs and if onlys, but the team spirit is fantastic. The difference in the two clubs was vast tonight. The chelsea fans waving their little flags just made me feel sorry for them. They will never achieve what we have as a club, not in a million years.

Have never been more proud of a defeated LFC side. Everyone in a red shirt showed magnificent courage and fighting spirit. It's just a pity we couldn't hang on to the 4-3 until injury time because that lot were absolute basket cases. A couple more high balls into the box and I'm fairly certain we'd be in the Semis.

The ref was a fucking joke tonight.

Disgusted we've gone out to a team , more than other, who don't understand this competition.

I'm furious at Chelsea's conduct throughout the tie and our defense. Paul's been nice enough not to take players to task and I'll try and do likewise but I'm really unhappy at Aurelio for Lampard's first; he played Drogba onside then watched, not outrun, but watched Lampard stroll in and more or less knock us out.

That said I'd be a cunt if I didn't admit how delighted I am that from a position of 6-3 down we'd managed to haul ourselves back into this tie and Chelsea right on the edge. On another day, after a different first leg, we'd have gone through. Credit to Rafa for instilling such a mentality that even without the best player in the world we would not quit to such a horrible team with no principles.

Frank Lampard and Drogba's displays ( purely from a footballing perspective) were world class, hope Chelsea get twatted in the next round and we've got enough momentum to go and continue our assault on the league. Onwards and upwards.

If Drogba played like that every game, Chelsea would be top of the league. Can't stand the man though, utter utter twat.

Oh and the foul count: 29-14!? What the fuck?!

If you go within three feet of a Chelsea player the displaced air shockwave blows them over. Biggest laugh of the night was Cashley making a diving motion when he was booked!

Individual mistakes have cost us big time, Aurelio has been shocking in his last two games.

Great game though and had not Drogba been the biggest diving cunt in history of football we could have been through even if we gave away a few goals.

In the end I thought why cant someone just kick his fuckin head in while he lies there moaning about absolute fuck all, the big girl.

Proud of the players, not so proud of Rafa who gave up with 10 minutes to go.

Great battling performance that no other team could have produced. At least we can hold our heads high and take that spirit into the battle for the league. The chavs looked classless and snidey for much of this game - none more so than dogpoo.

Viva La Rafalucion ! We left the rent boys with shit in their pants but we have bigger battles to fight and more hideous monsters to slay. Best take turns at sleeping surexlax, the heroes of the Rafalucion are coming to wrench the prize from your trembling grasp.

...not so proud of Rafa who gave up with 10 minutes to go.

For putting fresh legs on? Torres had been out of it for almost the entire second half (one turn and shot aside), and you can't deny we played with more impetus afterwards. That's not a criticism of Torres, but sometimes even the best struggle. Keep the sly digs out of it.

Not that I need the fact reinforced or anything but seeing our lads play as they did, hearing our fans sing as they did and seeing what a despicable team that Chelsea are along with their pathetic fans , makes me proud as hell to be red. I cannot fathom what it must be like to "support" players like Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and the like.

Great game. From my point of view, we weren't robbed, it was just a horrible rub of the green, and a superb effort from our boys all round, that just didn't work out.

Sometimes you're involved in a barnstormer and you come out on the wrong end.

Much as it sticks in my craw, well done Chelsea. Still hope (and expect) Barca to give them the deep dicking in the next round, mind.