You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup QF, 2nd Leg vs Chelsea

The Chef

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one foreign dodgy keeper on the pitch and that was Peter Cech, he was all over the shop.

Too right, he was really poor tonight - had Gerrard been fit, and able to ping some shots at him from range, we might have had some joy (and that's no dig at Lucas who I thought was quietly effective).

Hahahahaha, made my night that has. You literally have no response.

*sigh*

For a start his head dropped for about 15 mins before he was taken off then he started on the defenders. We needed a level headed striker, so he was taken off. We scored. Its not rocket science.

Thants is a gigantic dickhead and its about time someone called him out for taking the piss out of people in chat after we lost.

manc twat.

Tag match? I've got pecs, feel them.

You're also a strange little liar. Ask 50% of people of here and they'll know you're lying (the rest don't know me). Ive been in chat for about 5 mins with Hammy and someone else. Never before or since. You're very sad.

*sigh*

For a start his head dropped for about 15 mins before he was taken off then he started on the defenders. We needed a level headed striker, so he was taken off. We scored. Its not rocket science.

A semi straight answer, I think you're off the mark but fair enough.

*sigh*

One easy question Thants.

Do you think Rafa would have replaced Torres with N`Gog after 80 minutes if it had been 3-4 as opposed to 3-2 after 80 minutes?

When Torres was taken off, minutes after Lampard had scored Chelsea`s third goal, my guess is that even the most optimistic fan out there thought it was game over, if you looked at his expression on the bench you did not see the face of a manager who had just pulled one of the most sensational substitutions ever out of the hat to get us straight back into the tie, maybe you did, but I certainly did not.

One easy question Thants.

Do you think Rafa would have replaced Torres with N`Gog after 80 minutes if it had been 3-4 as opposed to 3-2 after 80 minutes?

When Torres was taken off, minutes after Lampard had scored Chelsea`s third goal, my guess is that even the most optimistic fan out there thought it was game over, if you looked at his expression on the bench you did not see the face of a manager who had just pulled one of the most sensational substitutions ever out of the hat to get us straight back into the tie, maybe you did, but I certainly did not.

Yes. I think sometime Torres gets out of the zone in terms of mental straightness. Sometimes. This is one of those cases so he went off. I wasnt surprised. It'll disappear when he gets older, there's so much more to come which is just brilliant.

I was suprised when The Chief went but Lucas is more of a threat in front of goal. Which it showed.

Sorry I called you an idiot, I thought it was harsh having a go at Rafa after tonights efforts.

RK, it was a straight answer.

Torres did a sum total of zero all game, we can't afford to have a player on the pitch just because he might produce a moment of magic, N'Gog did more in his short time on the field and we looked a lot more threatening for it. think it was just a case of taking a poor performer off and saving him for a day when he can make a difference.

(gotta say I think N'Gog was an excellent buy and all you lot that demand everything immediately like a spoiled little child will eventually come around!)

I`m not sure if this proves anything but this is what Rafa said about the substitution.

On the substitution of Fernando Torres 10 minutes from time with the aggregate score 6-3, Benitez added: "Torres is okay. I thought it would be difficult so I wanted to change something and give minutes to a player with quality like Ngog."

RAFA: THIS CAN INSPIRE LEAGUE GLORY

We needed three goals in 10 minutes! Rafa makes a sub and we scored two and you’re still trying to nitpick every last nuance, Jesus Herbert Christ!

I`m not nitpicking anything, me and Thants have sorted things out and since I later found this I thought I should post it.

Nothing else, now move on.

Thought it would be difficult? Can be translated both ways, either saying it needed a change as it wasn't working or he gave up. I tend to think the former as torres wasn't getting anything out of the CBs for 80 mins and was getting frustrated.

Agree, it does not prove me right but not wrong either.

Normally our players look very fit in the closing stages of matches, but it seems the sheer mental strain of Champions League games can take it's toll, even on our players. Not saying we were tired just after half time, but the build-up to Drogba's first goal was very similar to last season when he made the score 3-1, in that we switched off on the left. Alex' free kick would have been a goal against any opposition it was that well struck. We started leaving Lampard in acres of space whilst chasing the game, with predictable consequences. Say what you want about him, he consistently gets himself into scoring positions.

Probably just post match waffle, but I am sick of Drogba and Lampard scoring against us. We have looked inept against Drogba pretty much since he was at Marseille, and it doesn't help that he is such a cheating diving c***!

Chelsea Liverpool

4 Goals scored 4

6 Shots on target 7

6 Shots wide 4

4 Shots blocked 5

3 Yellow card 2

0 Red card 0

14 Fouls committed 29

4 Corners 4

3 Offsides 4

19' 31'' Ball. Poss. (time) 27' 6''

41% Ball. Poss. (%) 59%

Gls:Goals scoredSP:Shots hitting postSC:Shots hitting barSB:Shots blocked by playerSS:Shots savedSW:Shots wideFC:Fouls committedFS:Fouls sufferedOF:OffsideAS:AssistsYC:Yellow cardsRC:Red cards

Tag match? I've got pecs, feel them.

You're also a strange little liar. Ask 50% of people of here and they'll know you're lying (the rest don't know me). Ive been in chat for about 5 mins with Hammy and someone else. Never before or since. You're very sad.

it was either you or someone fucked with your account you part time twat.

Torres did a sum total of zero all game, we can't afford to have a player on the pitch just because he might produce a moment of magic, N'Gog did more in his short time on the field and we looked a lot more threatening for it. think it was just a case of taking a poor performer off and saving him for a day when he can make a difference.

(gotta say I think N'Gog was an excellent buy and all you lot that demand everything immediately like a spoiled little child will eventually come around!)[/QUOTE]

And if Essien didnt somehow contort his head down to the ball then he'd have got a goal aswell