You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup QF, 2nd Leg vs Chelsea

The Chef

That will have done the 96 proud.

Agreed, completely. The rest of us aswell. To fight like that and score 4 against Chelsea at home, that was amazing. Just so gutted that they came out in the second half and put 4 past us.

Back to the league it is. Hopefully we can get enough points and then see what happens.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Lucas scored. Rafa was right. Masch was on the pitch to go forward anyway.

It was an Essien own goal.

Rafa was right in most ways, and without Gerrard the team selection and the setup worked well.

Still think Mascherano should have stayed on over Lucas. Last week proved Lucas and Alonso playing together are too one paced and the ball gets played through them too easily.

But I'm not going to argue, all the lads who played gave their all, and the fans were brilliant, it just wasn't to be.

Fucking hell I hate Chelsea so much, bunch of horrible arrogant cunts!

Amazing effort by the lads tonight. The only difference tonight was luck, Im just gutted we didnt at least win the game.

If we can beat Arsenal next week there`s really should be no-one left to trouble us in the last 6 games if we show the same guts and application. I know the mancs fear us, if we keep winning they WILL crack.

YNWA 96 RIP.

Amazing effort by the lads tonight. The only difference tonight was luck, Im just gutted we didnt at least win the game.

If we can beat Arsenal next week there`s really should be no-one left to trouble us in the last 6 games if we show the same guts and application. I know the mancs fear us, if we keep winning they WILL crack.

YNWA 96 RIP.

why do our lads give big hugs n congratulations to that shithouse drogba why after his 8 dive does no one front him call him a c un t to his face its all this pathetic smiling come on mate fu k me some should sorted him we let him dive all fking night im fuking raging

I think I need to apologize. I've suspected for some time that Liverpool suffer when I'm watching, and excel when I'm for some reason unable to follow the match. We're unbeaten this year when I've been away, and I happened to see every turgid draw and defeat.

Tonight, I missed most of the first half while fucking about with a proxy program to try and get the game online. By all accounts, it was a superb half and we knocked in a couple. At halftime, I fucked off the video link and tuned in on BBC Radio Merseyside. Cue the collapse and a couple of soft goals to the cockney wideboys. When the third went in, I fucked off to the kitchen to get a beer, and kicked a few walls while I drank it. Calmed down a bit, came back and we'd scored two while I was out of the room. So I sat down to listen to the end of the match, and that spawny cunt immediately scored for them.

So, it's my fault. If I should by some chance go deaf and blind, we'll be world champions -- guaranteed.

I think the result and performance tonight in some ways makes up for last week. Our getting knocked out of the CL tonight should not effect our confidence on the run in. On the contrary a defeat for the mancs tomorrow night could have a very negative effect on them.

you've just witnessed one of the most amazing games of football you'll ever see and you start with the criticism. nice.

Yeah mate, it's called getting the negative out of the way so I can then give the lads the plaudits they deserve for that brilliant effort they put in, and then turn my attention to something far more important than any upcoming match, that is happening tomorrow.

Gutted, To be honest, the carpet that is stamford bridge makes me sick, Those guys arent fans. Seriously the place looked like a nice hoovered carpet until the 93 minute when they picked up their plastic flags.

As much as I feel we played like hero's tonight, I cant help but hold Reina at fault for stupid mistakes, The own goal took a deflection and he cant really be criticised, Skrtle could be just as much for touching it but even for Alex's free kick, He wasnt ready and it caught him completley by surprise.

Bad luck and stupid mistakes cost us tonight lads.

But take note on one thing. 3 years ago Chelsea scared the shit out of me. Now we scare the shit out of them, The real blue shite rid their luck something shocking over these two legs.

It went exactly as I had thought. I was supremely confident of scoring 3 goals against their defence but at the same time knew they will score goals.

We deserved atleast a win from that game. This game just showed why we are the most feared team in Europe right now. And I hope we carry the same fighting attitude to the end of the season and fight for the title every single second from now on.

I can't describe how proud I am tonight. But, equally disappointed with the way defended over the 180 mins. Catch22 was spot on when he said we should keep it tight. We made too many mistakes in 2 legs and Chelsea deserved to go through in the end.

Drogba proved yet again that he is an utter horrible ugly cunt. I just hope Barcelona get a more stronger referee.

I'm sure the 96 feel the same amount of pride that we are all feeling tonight.

GO REDMEN. WIN THAT FUCKING TITLE. AND KNOCK THE SCUM OFF THEIR PERCH.