You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup QF, 2nd Leg vs Chelsea

The Chef

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The match just reinforced everything I knew. The spirit we played with was incredible. Another day that desire to win would have got us through, but nor today, but they made me proud. The other thing it reinforced is that Drogba is an absolute disgrace. Just a scumbag.

It'd be patronising as fuck for me to say I'm gutted for you, but this week especially I was hoping for another Istanbul. None of you should be anything but proud after that display. Even I felt proud of you. I might be getting a bit soft in my old age, but after watching that game, I hope you go on to win the league.

Lucky fuckin bastards.

We did ourselves proud and if it wasn't for a lack of concentration at the back we could have won.

How much do I fucking hate Drogba? The cunt even rolled back on the field to get play stopped (probably already been said but it's taken me so long to get in I can't afford the time to read the thread....)

Well done lads, you deserved better and Barca will see how the Chavs can be beat.

Why the Lucas hating tonight? I thought the lad had a decent game. Is it just because he's not Steven Gerrard or was there some massively calamitous error that I missed?

If this were a night for recriminations, I could slag Aurelio for not being tight enough to Anelka for their first, or Pepe for being beaten at his near post, crafty touch from Drogba or not; I could slag Xabi for giving the ball away for their fourth (?) or Carra for being out-muscled by Drogba for one too. And how about Torres for his early miss, Dirk for ballooning a couple of crosses into the stands and Yossi for, well I'm sure I could think of something if you gave me long enough. But that would be totally and utterly missing the point, wouldn't it?

Every single Red on that pitch was heroic tonight and regardless of whether or not we win the league, I now understand exactly how much Rafa has achieved with such a relatively limited squad. We are on the cusp of great, great things; let's not demean it by picking holes, eh boys?

I've only got room for one emotion tonight and that's pride. We were magnificent. Stamford Bridge witnessed greatness tonight and deep down they all know it: we are a great club and they are nothing more than noveau. Bring on the Arse.

I don't know where to begin after watching that!

First of all, I'm an incredibly proud red. Every single one of our lads played to their very limit and would have died for the red shirt tonight. I've never understood the sentiment "I'd rather have lost than won the way they did" but I definitely do tonight. Apart from DVDs of any number of our trophy wins down the years, you could show that to any player in the world and say that is what it means to be a Liverpool player.

In the end, I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. Granted, our defending at times in the second half was abysmal but I suppose that was because we had to chase the game once they got their quickfire double at the start of the first half and it meant that we had to throw caution to the wind and kind of hope for the best at the back.

Every single one of our lads can hold their heads up high.

I just hope some of the boys don't dwell too much on this because we've still got something to play for. If we show the same spirit in every single one of our remaining games, then no19 will be in the bag.

Chelsea are without the biggest bunch of shitters ever

When the chips were down, they didn't want to fucking know. When they got the 2nd, suddenly every fucking one of them was Pele - arrogant fucking cunts

Referee can fuck right off too, both Lumplard goals should have been frees to us

Glad someone else spotted it. Not mentioned by the commentators though, shock horror.

Why the Lucas hating tonight? I thought the lad had a decent game. Is it just because he's not Steven Gerrard or was there some massively calamitous error that I missed?

If this were a night for recriminations, I could slag Aurelio for not being tight enough to Anelka for their first, or Pepe for being beaten at his near post, crafty touch from Drogba or not; I could slag Xabi for giving the ball away for their fourth (?) or Carra for being out-muscled by Drogba for one too. And how about Torres for his early miss, Dirk for ballooning a couple of crosses into the stands and Yossi for, well I'm sure I could think of something if you gave me long enough. But that would be totally and utterly missing the point, wouldn't it?

Every single Red on that pitch was heroic tonight and regardless of whether or not we win the league, I now understand exactly how much Rafa has achieved with such a relatively limited squad. We are on the cusp of great, great things; let's not demean it by picking holes, eh boys?

I've only got room for one emotion tonight and that's pride. We were magnificent. Stamford Bridge witnessed greatness tonight and deep down they all know it: we are a great club and they are nothing more than noveau. Bring on the Arse.

Top post.

Spot on!

Lucas played well, even scored a goal. Even though his critics never will let him have it, the shot would have hit the target, so the deflection really doesnt matter. It`s his goal, end of discussion.

Every player on the field made mistakes, but the heart, passion, belief and courage they showed tonight should be applauded, never giving up is what playing for Liverpool is all about.

I haven't been so proud of our team for a long, long time. We were trojans, to a man and deserved to go through, IMO.

If Drogba had been missing, i'm certain we'd have done it as well.

A great night to be a red. I'll hold my head up high tomorrow.

Let's hope the one thing tonight does, is really cements the belief that we can win that league. If we can do what we did tonight, we can do anything.

And it was fucking great to see what our team can do when they are totally released of their shackles (as open as it left us at the back!)

So fucking proud.

Could moan about the ref and pick the bones out of their goals, but i can't be arsed. I'm genuinely so fucking proud of them. When Dirk scored it took me about 30 seconds to realise we were one goal away.

Such spirit and dignity out there tonight, the only blemish was that cunt up front for them. He's a disgrace and I hope he breaks his leg.

Well done boys, 6 games left, go and make yourselves heros.

Disgusted we've gone out to a team , more than other, who don't understand this competition.

I'm furious at Chelsea's conduct throughout the tie and our defense. Paul's been nice enough not to take players to task and I'll try and do likewise but I'm really unhappy at Aurelio for Lampard's first; he played Drogba onside then watched, not outrun, but watched Lampard stroll in and more or less knock us out.

That said I'd be a cunt if I didn't admit how delighted I am that from a position of 6-3 down we'd managed to haul ourselves back into this tie and Chelsea right on the edge. On another day, after a different first leg, we'd have gone through. Credit to Rafa for instilling such a mentality that even without the best player in the world we would not quit to such a horrible team with no principles.

Frank Lampard and Drogba's displays ( purely from a footballing perspective) were world class, hope Chelsea get twatted in the next round and we've got enough momentum to go and continue our assault on the league. Onwards and upwards.

Amazingly proud of being a Liverpool fan. What a blessing my dad bestowed on me.

On a more mundane note , I am usually pretty gracious in defeat , but I am amazed at how lightly the referee is getting toasted on here. As far as I could see he brought Chelsea back into the game by giving them 90% of the decisions after our penalty. Every time any Chelsea player hit the deck he automatically gave them a free kick. Their 2nd goal came from a real 50/50 decision & both of their latter goals came from terrible decisions. The 3rd came after a bad foul on Lucas where the ref allowed Alonso an 'advantage' when surrounded by blue shirts & the 4th was even worse as Drogba blatantly pushed our defender under the high ball forcing a backward header which gave them the throw in they scored off.

I suspect it was this aspect which Rafa was railing about at the end.

I also thought Lucas was excellent & can't believe people trying to blame him , but maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.