You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS

Kevin D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay then....Why don't you save yourself £9.90 and call Anfield yourself and say there is a bomb! I can see the sense.

Target Demographic? Come of it, whether you live in Anfield or Auckland you can join the SoS, the fact that it seems as if it's 'for locals' is only because 'locals' got behind it, it is much easier to set up smaller schemes, than to jump head first into International Relations.

Rome wasn't built in a day, week, month or year you know?

And without members, it will achieve nothing anyway.

I sent plenty of emails about how to leverage the internet, how to create a virtual pressure group, about the value of liverpool fans in dallas. There was no engagement on their part. They weren't interested. All their energy and attention was focused on "ground operations", which to me was a mistake and also created the impression of a local thing which isolated and marginalized a lot of OOT'eers.

IMO they chose to be legitimate vs. effective. You are not going to get rid of the owners by playing within the rules.

there was no real choice - at the time when the union started to fund raise etc. everyone was on the case accusing the people running it at the time they were on the make. to ensure everything was clear and above board there was no choice but to choose to go with the FSA.

Ah well, it was fun being on here!

It costs 10 pence (or whatever) to make a phone call to Anfield to say there's been a bomb planted. No game, no revenue, economic equation changed.

Membership packs WTF. Public relations won't win you jack shit especially if your target demographic extends very little beyond locals.

if it's that easy why didn't you make the call? or sorry forgot you'd leave the to someone else and then find reasons to cunt them off.

A sustainable campaign requires more than a phone call and requires more than one person.

One person to dial the numbers? One person to hold the phone to the face? One person to speak?

Come off it lad.

Besides, if there was an authorised SOS led bomb threat, they would make more enemies then friends I assure you.

You go on about 'OOTERS' being felt like they are left out, can you imagine how those who have travelled from far off countries only to find out their fellow fans had got the game called off because of a bomb threat?

Madness.

Friends in high places within the club mate. Towing the party line if you like.

Wont be renewing my membership.

If that is your opinion have you put your own name forward for the committee? I think I seem to remember a certain protest in the ground against Havant that was quickly shot down by other lads in the Kop, So do people feel civil war will help the situation. The AGM is just around the corner, lads can feel free to go for committee membership and be voted in if they feel they can offer more.

I am not sure what the next step should be the world has changed so much in very short space of time. I despise the current owner regime at Liverpool but I think it's a case of when not if they are gone. Problem is now who comes in and takes the mantle. This is were a fans organisation really needs to show their resolve because we will have new owners sooner rather than later and last thing we need is for someone to come in again and screw it up.

Lets not be so welcoming next time!

Guest davelfc

What we need is a group that means action, I've come up with a name. Stop Hicks And Gillet. Or S.H.A.G. Banners should say 'We want to S.H.A.G."

SHAG would meet once a week, SHAG cards would be sent out to all members. SHAG would be the only option open to fans that wanted the owners out.

I vote we chant the name of the new group tonight.

One person to dial the numbers? One person to hold the phone to the face? One person to speak?

Come off it lad.

Witty, the keyword was sustainable.

Besides, if there was an authorised SOS led bomb threat, they would make more enemies then friends I assure you.

I'm not advocating SOS doing anything. Of course they couldn't.

You go on about 'OOTERS' being felt like they are left out, can you imagine how those who have travelled from far off countries only to find out their fellow fans had got the game called off because of a bomb threat?

So how far are you prepared to go? Pissing off a few fans is too far? How far are you prepared to go?

Madness.

Yeah, it is madness. But those are the stakes if you want to play the game. And it don't seem like any of you do. You'll piss and moan and march with your flags and banners but if there is a HARD decision to make, then......

You say you want them out but you don't, not enough anyway.

I'm prepared to go very far, I'm just trying to address or worries and concerns, at the moment you are just contradicting yourself.

It may seem that way but I'm not, I just can't fully expound.

If you are part of SOS then you should ignore what I'm saying, because it would ruin SOS and the all the good they currently do.

To be honest, I think a maor problem has been how to get the yanks out. OK, we've had protests and I presonally thought the one pre the man united game was brilliant - but very soon after it became clear RBS had agreed to extend the loan and they were safe until at least the end of the season, which I think killed the momentum a little, in fact more than a little it killed it dead. The fact remains, they are only going to sell should someone want to buy and right now nobody seems to be queueing up to do so. I think a march and a protest inside the ground is an absolute must for the chelsea game. If nothing else we should make them feel uncomfortable and unsafe coming to anfield and may just get this story back in the press and help remind a few potential buyers out there the club is very much up for sale.

Agreed, i also thin Al should go to both Parry and Moores houses, direct action.

so it's more than a phone call? yet you just said all it was was 10p and a call.

That was a single example of the kind of thing that could impact the economic equation. There are plenty of other things that could be done and as was pointed out clearing anfield one time would not have a sustainable effect.