You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our missing link: Fernando Torres.

WhiskeyJar

Hes a great player and yes we miss him like any other team would. He is not a missing link though i feel we need a new right back, right winger and spare left back thats all we need

to complete the puzzle.

There was one time where I failed to perform sexually. My girlfriend said to me "oh don't worry, it happens to a lot of guys". Ok, there are two things wrong with that. First of all who are these other guys?, and second of all if it's happening to more than one of us, don't you think it could be YOUR fault?

I'm fucking devastated if this is true, for him and the rest of us. It's starting to freak me out quite a bit aswell, because I'm starting to get paranoid that there's something fucked up with it that's worse than at first thought. If that's 3 times something's gone wrong then he maybe needs a good month out and we have to try and get through november without him, and it's a huge gutter.

Do torn hamstrings sometimes heal wrongly that makes them unstable so they tear again easily? And if so would that require an op? I know it's a bad case scenario, but I'm a paranoid fucker a lot of the time anyway, and this is really starting me off. I just want to see the guy fit, happy, playing again and scoring goals.

TORRES WINNING FITNESS RACE

I think it was a joke.

There was one time where I failed to perform sexually. My girlfriend said to me "oh don't worry, it happens to a lot of guys". Ok, there are two things wrong with that. First of all who are these other guys?, and second of all if it's happening to more than one of us, don't you think it could be YOUR fault?

hopefully Torres will be back for Saturday - question is who will Rafa drop?

IMHO we should play Babel, Reira, Keane and Torres as our front 4 with Gerrard and Masch in the middle for most games

i am fed up with being a 'negative' team - especially after Saturday's result

This is arrant fucking nonsense from start to finish.

Saturday's result had nothing to do with Benitez putting out a "negative" team, or having "negative" tactics.

We battered them and had a hatful of chances, and his substitutions were attacking (even if Babel and Benayoun were shite).

So, to combat this perceived "negative" approach, you drop an offensive midfielder in Alonso, retain Masher, and drop Kuyt, who is scoring goals regularly.

Can you see why I hate your post?

i hate - okay hate is too strong a word... i am totally indifferent to - Dirk Kuyt with a passion - and it pains me to see Babel on the bench behind the lumbering Dutch 'striker'

Babel's development is being hindered by not starting every week - he should be in and Kuyt out - while i apprciate Dirk's overall contruibutions for the team's cause - he is just not at the level required IMHO

the worst thing that could happen is bring Torres back and continue with Dirk on the right imo - it's never gonna happen though cos rafa loves Dirk too much

re: Alonso - we shouldn't need to have 3 centre mid's starting - but if Rafa wants all 3 starting then drop Keane i suppose and go with Reira left and Babel right and Torres down the middle

still don't know why we bought Keane imo as trying to accomodate him unbalances the team

i hate - okay hate is too strong a word... i am totally indifferent to - Dirk Kuyt with a passion - and it pains me to see Babel on the bench behind the lumbering Dutch 'striker'

Babel's development is being hindered by not starting every week - he should be in and Kuyt out - while i apprciate Dirk's overall contruibutions for the team's cause - he is just not at the level required IMHO

the worst thing that could happen is bring Torres back and continue with Dirk on the right imo - it's never gonna happen though cos rafa loves Dirk too much

re: Alonso - we shouldn't need to have 3 centre mid's starting - but if Rafa wants all 3 starting then drop Keane i suppose and go with Reira left and Babel right and Torres down the middle

still don't know why we bought Keane imo as trying to accomodate him unbalances the team

Remind me who's our top scorer so far this season?

He will be a huge boost to our season when he returns. I think because we got good results against the Mancs and Chelsea without him people almost forgot how important he is to us a bit. Seems bizarre, but I think it's true. He was the main difference between us winning and losing against Spurs, for me, and I said that before the game.

it's certainly not Keane is it

and it's only D.K cos he's starting every game - who's to say Babel wouldn't be scoring if he was given a proper run out?

none of you rate Babel over Kuyt then then?

Not over Kuyt, but I do think he needs a few full games before we can really see what he's like. Will he ever get that though?

Mate please stop making a twat of yourself. You clearly don't know what you're on about.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic... But Chelsea have scouted him and are rumoured to be interested...

Not sarcastic at all, I wanted us to take a chance on him two years ago as we would have got him relatively cheap for someone so talented and what he has done in Germany for Hoffenheim tells me he would be more than good enough for a place in our squad and team.

I can understand why Chelsea are after him though as he was one of the kids they sent to Norway together with Mikel.