You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Big Green Bastard

some broken down car wanker made me look good today by breaking down in the middle of my local Tesco car park. After 10 minutes of him shifting the ignition/gearbox nto a screeching noise ,i ran over and pointed in sign lingo "do you want a push" (pushing coconuts by agadoo). He gave me the thumbs up, i misinterpreted the thumbs up for the 'flipping bird' signal. I then gave the correct cyclists signal for car wanker (a simple shake of the hand with thumb and forefinger pressed tightly) Anyway i pushed the twat to safety as he was quite content to be a normal lazy motorist sitting there twitching the ignition keys in the hopeless despair that one day his car would get home without mechanical maintenance.

Car wankers.

On the train journey back from Edinburgh today I kept pointing out to the missus at sporadic intervals that I had built that section of track we'd just gone over.

The bloke opposite definitely raised an eyebrow in a half-impressed way too. Definitely.

Grrrr.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

demolished our second bathroom today to make room for a swanky new shower.

nothing like tearing down drywall and ripping out plumbing fixtures to make you feel like a real man.

here is what it will look like (white feature at back might be more interesting - glass tile ?)...the slate tile floor, vanity and toilet are existing.

bath_down10.jpg

demolished our second bathroom today to make room for a swanky new shower.

nothing like tearing down drywall and ripping out plumbing fixtures to make you feel like a real man.

here is what it will look like (white feature at back might be more interesting - glass tile ?)...the slate tile floor, vanity and toilet are existing.

bath_down10.jpg

Damn that's sweet! How much is this school paying you? Also can i come and be your understudy? I'll shave most of my hair off and dye the rest white, it will be amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
Fucking brillinat!!!

I took 4 on Christmas day but my cousin once took 8 in one day. He had run out of the toilet paper by the 7th or 8th and used a FREE NEWSPAPER that his father had left in the bathroom when he was in there TAKING ONE earlier :yes:

Good to see you back Andriy.

I'm wondering, are you an ALTER-EGO or simply a GENIUS?

• 3 weeks later...

ROAR !

bow down to your god, GF.

this is what our second bathroom looked like when we first bought the house in 2004. yes, that is carpet on cold concrete. notice the cast iron pipe and cheap, flimsy shower stall.

bathold1.jpg

this is what it looked like after the first reno a few years ago - built a new vanity in birch with a vessel sink, slate floors and a decent pre-fab shower enclosure.

bath.jpg

over christmas i ripped out the shower and the cast iron pipe and all the plumbing/electrical, and built this beautiful custom shower. i had help with the plumbing and shower base, since i had never done that before.

new_shower_progress.jpg

i carried the same slate through the room, and added a pebble floor in the shower and new birch millwork shelves. the glass door was very expensive, but i love the hardware and thick tempered glass. the shower head is recessed in the ceiling, so it acts like a rain shower (hidden in photo by shower door header).

new_shower2.jpg

original design rendering is back up the page a few posts. very pleased and looks pretty much as i envisioned it - ROAR !