You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

Well proud of this.

Taken me two fucking whole days and I might need Knee implants as a result. Stripped and Sanded about four layers of White Lacquer off the floor. Have restored it to it's natural finish after applying a few coats of Wood Wax. Doesn't seem like a lot of work, but that white stuff was a bitch to get up.

My favourite room in the house as it's where we have some bar stools and the hifi. Spend many a night in here listening to music, winding down.

I better get a sucktreat tonight....

54545394.jpg

79569631.jpg

Looks stunning, you even managed a user name change. I'm understanding the B&Q contempt now.

Thank you. The photos don't do it justice. It's come up really well. Can't wait for the next house party now.

Would have loved to attend, but the other half made it clear the floor needed doing..and to be fair to her I've been putting it off about 3years.

(Been meaning to change to Juniper for an age, also)

B&Q are alright, if you're after something within cost, but they don't have make things harder and more time consuming half the time.

I've cursed them more times than I can remember (although probably mostly for things that are my fault).

Mostly use Wicks now as it's directed more to the trade.

• 7 months later...

I chopped a tree down at the weekend. Well, strictly speaking I sawed it down and then used an axe to remove the branches. This weekend I will be using an industrial log splitter to get wood for my fire. My log stove must be the most MAN thing I possess.

I told the mother in law where the door was at the weekend after she criticized my bbq'ing skills before I'd actually lit the fucker.

Good man. You can't criticise someone's barbecuing skills willy nilly and not expect repercussions.

• 1 month later...

I forgot what this thread was called, so couldn't post this until someone bumped it.

Anyway, I put up a shelf in my new house, one of those floating ones. Left behind by the previous owners so no screws or anything with it, I put two screws into it and I could sit on it it's that solid. Haven't done anything like that before, screwing into walls so really was a guess about screw size and rawlplugs.

I took my laptop completely apart in order to remove and repair the cooling fan. I had to disconnect the HDD drive, disc-drive, RAM, keyboard, network card, screen and two outer casings. It was in more pieces than a motherfucking big-assed jigsaw, but I fixed that sum'bitch, and managed to put it all back together with the gazillion screws that are included, and saved myself a hefty wedge in the process.

In short, nobody can fuck with my IT shit, yo.

I took my laptop completely apart in order to remove and repair the cooling fan. I had to disconnect the HDD drive, disc-drive, RAM, keyboard, network card, screen and two outer casings. It was in more pieces than a motherfucking big-assed jigsaw, but I fixed that sum'bitch, and managed to put it all back together with the gazillion screws that are included, and saved myself a hefty wedge in the process.

I did all that, step by step like yourself, the other night whilst getting a sucktreat.

Nothing distracts me.

Being good at IT is about as manly as knitting. Geeks and nerds do that sort of stuff and then post about it on internet forums.

Hide your head in shame.

Being good at IT is about as manly as knitting. Geeks and nerds do that sort of stuff and then post about it on internet forums.

Hide your head in shame.

You tell 'em, AR.

Boo Woo....boo !

Thats more like it mate.

My missus is currently off seeing Take that so I am left with a couple of kids, I've made the dinner done two loads of washing, made the beds and got the shit ready for school in the morning. Hung out the washing and bathed the little one. This is not at all manly but is still more manly than Woo the Geek fixing his laptop.

Thats more like it mate.

My missus is currently off seeing Take that so I am left with a couple of kids, I've made the dinner done two loads of washing, made the beds and got the shit ready for school in the morning. Hung out the washing and bathed the little one. This is not at all manly but is still more manly than Woo the Geek fixing his laptop.

If you did those things after a downing a bottle of scotch I reckon its manly.