You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

doing up your bathroom yourself is cool and well worthy of man points.

however, taking photos of it at various stages of repair is about as gay and virginal as it fucking comes.

you need pics to tell the story and prove that it was done (plus we're renting it for the olympics)

what if i had taken a picture of my wife using it for the first time today ?

I've just tonight 'fixed' a leak in a joint with some plumbers putty stuff, Neko, when you've got chance to pop over bit of help wouldn't go amiss.

Well done, it looks ace. x

not much of a plumber, sorry - had help with that aspect of the work.

you've got it under control - that putty works on everything....so does duct tape.

I just got back home from spending the day putting a railway together and have done the work of at least three men. The group of lazy, workshy fuckers that had the cheek to call themselves a gang and find emploment on my job today should never, ever, get another shift; the useless cunts. About nine of them and what they did in four hours one and a half decent men could have done. Left a couple of the senior staff employing shovels, bances, bars and all sorts of man-stuff to build up the job. Building up an adjusment switch between us was great fun.

I'm gon' hurt tomorrow.

I've decided to get rid of my 2nd hand shitty ikea style desk and today make a desk. A trip to the wood recycling place is in order.

The last thing I built was a rhubarb guard after I ripped down my shed. That did last long. If I'm not online after today you'll knowthe table wasn't strong enough . . .

As I left for work on Monday morning, the 10 rolls of loft insulation I ordered before christmas were finally delivered without warning.

I lugged them all into the house, worked a full day, came home, emptied all the shite out of the loft, including other peoples shite from before i moved in, laid an additional 270mm of rockwool (yes, rockwool, the most irritating substance known to man) on top of the 100mm already present, put the stuff i wanted to keep back in the loft, put the rest of the shite into my boot, had my tea, then went to bed.

Tuesday morning, I took all the shit to the tip, then worked a full day, then played football and played a blinder.

Grrrr.

As I left for work on Monday morning, the 10 rolls of loft insulation I ordered before christmas were finally delivered without warning.

I lugged them all into the house, worked a full day, came home, emptied all the shite out of the loft, including other peoples shite from before i moved in, laid an additional 270mm of rockwool (yes, rockwool, the most irritating substance known to man) on top of the 100mm already present, put the stuff i wanted to keep back in the loft, put the rest of the shite into my boot, had my tea, then went to bed.

Tuesday morning, I took all the shit to the tip, then worked a full day, then played football and played a blinder.

Grrrr.

Good Grrring, mate. There's not been anywhere near enough of it on this thread recently for my liking.

Today I had a female plumber come and fit our new shower and shower enclosure whislt I was at work, which I didn't have to pay for, she did it for nothing.

If that's not a show of amazing man control I don't know what is

GGGRRRR!

well done, but you'll likely have to pay for it some way.

female-plumber2c70cb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

finally finished the main bathroom for the wife. here it is from design to reality (still missing the millwork above the toilet though).

design....

weimar28.jpg

bathroom before reno...

bath_old2.jpg

bath_old1.jpg

demo (taking out bulkhead above shower really opened it uo)

bath_demo1.jpg

finished (minus some millwork to be done)...

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6967.jpg

the glass mosaic shimmers like a diamond in the right light.

IMG_6966.jpg

black walnut vanity (custom made)

IMG_6965.jpg

If that's what being a wife gets you, i need to sign up for some marriage proposal type stuff.

Looks lovely!

Myself, Anna (7) and Oscar (6.) Put together a garden bench today. They had the use of Alum keys and cordless screw drivers. I felt rather proud of them when we'd finished, still looked like the picture on the box too!

If that's what being a wife gets you, i need to sign up for some marriage proposal type stuff.

Looks lovely!

anniversary gift, i suppose - no need to buy a present or a card.

she said to me last week "i know why you're rushing to finish it - it's our anniversary next week!"

hadn't even occurred to me until then, but of course i said 'yes dear'

• 2 weeks later...
Do you work in construction Neko, or are you just one of those mentalist DIY nuts? Great work either way.

architect with too much spare time on my hands.

i couldn't do it all myself though - i have a more experienced friend to help me (well, i help him actually). i've learned a lot over my years of home ownership.

I've just learnt my first few runs for the Knowledge

Manor House to Gibson Square

Leave by Green Lanes

Right & Right Highbury New Grove

Left Highbury Park

Right St Paul's Road

Comply Highbury Corner

Leave by Upper St

Right Barnsbury St

Left Milner Square

Frwd Milner Place

Frwd Gibson Square

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

• 4 weeks later...

I strained my tricep by doing too many weights earlier in the week and can hardly lift my arm but spent an hour this afternoon tearing up mountains of seriously heavy duty cardboard in the office, non-stop, on my own, gradually increasing the level of man-stench in the room til i was satisfied that everyone had no doubt i was the fuckin boss man.

Edit: GRRRRRRRRRR!