You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NelCarra

I went to uni in Leicester for a year doing my law course with none other than Eddie the Eagle Edwards in 2000. Day of the final exam - we went and got blasted in town when he had to do an interview on Richard and Judy the next mornin. He was completely hung over and blamed me for it when I saw him next.

Funny guy - if a little odd :)

Oh and when I was like 8 - I had my picture taken with the British Bulldog with me in a headlock.

I studied law at Leicester Uni 1995 -1998, damn missed the Eagle by two years! Were you at De Montford or the proper one*?

*The one I went to. ;)

In 1982 I got Viv Richards out in a benefit match. Best player in the world then and one of 5 cricketers of the Century. oh and Ritchie Richardson in the same game!

Sat in a huge dressing room bath with Ian Botham and Joel Garner and a load of other Somerset stars of the early 80's. Big lad that Joel, not just 6ft 9in!!!!.

Andy Robinson England rugby coach was a mate back then.

Played against Norman Tebbitt's son. In the pub this lad got up and pointed it out to the working class crowd!!!!!.............................he ran. Circa 1983.................on yer bike eh! :D

Went to college with Dewi Morris.

I was once in a elevator with Orchestral Manouvers in the Dark.

Alannis Morrisette cut me off in her VW Rabbit when she was a pop princess. I also delivered a package to her Dad.

I met Pete (DT) and he bought me a couple of pints. When I went to the loo I pissed it out in a plastic pop container and it's now on my mantle.

I studied law at Leicester Uni 1995 -1998, damn missed the Eagle by two years! Were you at De Montford or the proper one*?

*The one I went to. ;)

Weird... Was at Leicester Uni from 94-97. Not doing anything clever like law mind. History & Archaeology for me.

Re claims to fame, I played in the same village team as Andy Hunt, ex-Charlton striker of some years past. Pretty sure he played for them in the Premiership.

Oh, and also played rugby against the twat who plays Grant Mitchell. Someone Kemp, isn't it? He's a short-arse little bastard!

I've had a bath with Kenny Dalglish!! 1981 Reserve team dressing room at Anfield after schoolboy trials, he was talking to one of reserves in the communal bath when I slid in beside him. One and only time I was tempted to wrap me gums around another mans plums!!

Oh, and I scored a header past Bruce Grobbelar during the trial. It only cost me fifty quid for the back hander.

BEAT THAT. And I dont mean Kenny's knob!!

Me and a few mates including Del Mucho bumped into Milan Baros (not Dave U, the real one) in a bar in Prague during the summer of 2005. He told us he was going to Villa and that he loved Liverpool and didn't want to leave. He never slagged Benitez off either, actually said he was a good bloke. He stopped for photographs and didn't even get pissed off when we kept on harrassing him while he was trying to get his oats with some tasty barmaid. Top lad and very dignified.

About 15 years ago I saw Mr T. outside the Empire when he was over for a stint in panto (Aladdin, I think). It looked like he was getting publicity photos done; he pointed to William Brown Street and shouted: “look at those criminals”, and shook his fist.

I saw Mike Walker on the platform at Lime Street circa 93/94, probably a bank holiday Monday. While the train I was on pulled out, I gave him the flushed toilet sign. He was unusually tall and had a sausage type nose.

Saw Ian Rush and Steve Morgan with some other suits on the way back to the car park after the final in Istanbul. They were soon surrounded by a crowd singing: “all you need is rush”, and Rushie looked terrified.

Me and a few mates including Del Mucho bumped into Milan Baros (not Dave U, the real one) in a bar in Prague during the summer of 2005. He told us he was going to Villa and that he loved Liverpool and didn't want to leave. He never slagged Benitez off either, actually said he was a good bloke. He stopped for photographs and didn't even get pissed off when we kept on harrassing him while he was trying to get his oats with some tasty barmaid. Top lad and very dignified.

no you didn't you little prick stop trying to sound street! ;)

Legend!

darthvader1.jpg

My Dad's mate used to be a powerlifter (and is also a member of Merseyside Wheelers cycling club, as is my dad - though obviously they dont race anymore). When my dads mate was powerlifting, thats how he met Dave Prowse. He also knows a former Mr Universe competitor, Terry Phillips, who was also a local councillor in Knowsley up to a few years ago.