You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Looking at their goal with our lads getting blocked, how was that any different to Endo getting done for blocking in the league cup final?

Endo was offside when he did it, so was considered to be gaining advantage from being there. Ake couldn't be offside from a corner. They need to do something about this deliberate blocking though. If you're not trying to play the ball, you shouldn't be interfering with an opponent. It's obstruction, simple as.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

The usual pundits are all convinced that Doku won the ball first, when the evidence of my eyes suggests otherwise. Am I looking at it wrong? He doesn't touch the fucking thing.

It doesn't matter either way, see countless cards shown for tackles where the ball was played but the action deemed dangerous.

Just now, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

It doesn't matter either way, see countless cards shown for tackles where the ball was played but the action deemed dangerous.

I agree - it's this parroting of something that clearly isn't there that I find weird. And by weird, I mean bollocks.

I think that was about as good of a performance as we could have reasonably put up against them, given the players we have available. 

Not winning that is a bit sickening. If we lose out on the title, I will think of this game. What was tough was the players just killing themselves to create chances and to be brave but the only goal we scored was by a really bad City error. This type of game is just really hard.

I am not super outraged at the Doku thing, I'm not sure it was as straightforward as a kick in the chest. It was dangerous and stupid to put his foot that high but Mac Allister kind of throws his body at the ball, which Doku is trying to kick. It could have been a penalty obviously and had he won one, it would have been very clever. Their goal was also simply well worked. 

• Upvote 2

I have just had to conclude a round of consultations at work with 9 people losing their positions due to redundancy. 

One member of the Union; has been sacked for eating a can of beans behind the wheel and being pulled over by police and still managed to win an appeal; has been suspended from work due to severe H&S breaches and should have lost their jobs but spineless management from another depot didnt sack etc etc made so many noises throughout the whole process even getting their union to argue the scoring criteria so that it fit to exactly what he wanted and still ended up being made redundant. 

I feel that this is the same with us and City. I still think we are gonna win the league. The outcome wont change yet until now and the inevitable crowning of champions we just have to put up with their bullshit in between. 

Justice will prevail. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Yes apart from Sky Sports leading with it. Conshpirashy

IMG_3172.png

Do love the forum, but favourable decisions or media coverage is something that is just never conceded.

Imagine how livid this place would be if any other manager got the unanimous praise Klopp gets.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aventus said:

How do you bribe referees and get away with it, without questions being asked about why they've been paid off by the owners of a club? 

You pay them for refereeing games in a different country and pretend everything is legitimate. 

Spot on. The thing is, even if all they're doing is giving them a nice little holiday and paying them a decent wage for going. Fly them 1st class. Give them everything they want on expenses and all that. Maybe even fly their families, who knows. It's no different to my work. I want to do some business with someone, I take them for a beer or meal. I don't think that taking them for a meal gives me the business, but what it does is allows me to build a relationship, so I am given every chance to win the business and the first people they think of when they look to find a supplier for a project. By flying them out there, they're using soft power to make them partial to Abu Dhabi and by association, their football club which plays in the English premier league. It's an absolute clear conflict of interest, in the same way when my clients are running a formal RFP process, I can't contact them except through official channels. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Spit on. The thing is, even if all they're doing is giving them a nice little holiday and paying them a decent wage for going. Fly them 1st class. Give them everything they want on expenses and all that. Maybe even fly their families, who knows. It's no different to my work. I want to do some business with someone, I take them for a beer or meal. I don't think that taking them for a meal gives me the business, but what it does is allows me to build a relationship, so I am given every chance to win the business and the first people they think of when they look to find a supplier for a project. By flying them out there, they're using soft power to make them partial to Abu Dhabi and by association, their football club which plays in the English premier league. It's an absolute clear conflict of interest, in the same way when my clients are running a formal RFP process, I can't contact them except through official channels. 

Why has no one called them out about this 3 days before a game they go over there it looks very dodgy

• Upvote 1

Has anyone seen a replay of the penalty claim from earlier? When Mac Alistair shot and claimed he was taken from behind (keep it clean ), they didn't show a replay when I was watching. It was when Walker went down injured, so they had loads of time to show it.

19 minutes ago, col06 said:

Why has no one called them out about this 3 days before a game they go over there it looks very dodgy

No body wants to spook the elephant in the room. 

54 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Spit on. The thing is, even if all they're doing is giving them a nice little holiday and paying them a decent wage for going. Fly them 1st class. Give them everything they want on expenses and all that. Maybe even fly their families, who knows. It's no different to my work. I want to do some business with someone, I take them for a beer or meal. I don't think that taking them for a meal gives me the business, but what it does is allows me to build a relationship, so I am given every chance to win the business and the first people they think of when they look to find a supplier for a project. By flying them out there, they're using soft power to make them partial to Abu Dhabi and by association, their football club which plays in the English premier league. It's an absolute clear conflict of interest, in the same way when my clients are running a formal RFP process, I can't contact them except through official channels. 

Exactly. They don't need to any of that blatantly. "Sorry sir, the room you had booked is not available, so we will upgrade you to a suite" and put an expensive champagne bottle in the room as "part of the service". Its not the fault of poor Oliver for not getting the room right? Or it could be "your ticket includes a free 30 mins massage in the Lounge, sir, would you want me to book you in?"

"Sir the suite includes a free desert safari followed by dinner watching belly dancing.....would you be interested, sir".

The possibilities are countless. They don't need to even the word City to them, they are human beings and after a couple of days of royal treatment, they will be begging Webb for the gig again. With Webb himself going to Abu Dhabi to "oversee that the right rules are applied".

None of those things will apply to the cunts when they go to ref a CL game so that spin from Webb is miles off. 

• Upvote 2