You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

It’s a stonewall pen. He doesn’t play the ball. He tries too, misses and then studs Mac Allister in the chest and the ball deflects off Mac Allister onto Doku’s knee.

I could (just about, but not really) understand people arguing that it’s no pen if Doku gets the ball and then follows through into Mac Allister but that doesn’t appear to happen. Doku’s only touch on the ball appears to be off his knee after Mac Allister gets the ball first. 

It’s mad how a fair few of the match reports have just skirted over this decision. And some have made out that we were lucky because City hit the woodwork twice. Without mentioning that the Foden one would’ve been ruled out for handball if it went in.

Well, you’d like to think that it would’ve been. You never know in this day and age! 

• Upvote 1

Just feel sick in my stomach over that.

The team were brilliant but again we seem to always play these cheating bastards when we have numbers missing and they are full strength and yet again a very poor decision at a crucial moment has denied us points.

It's crazy to call corruption over one bad call, foolish to do so after two but how many does it need to start to have some credence to it. Particularly when the team whose owners funded a jolly up for the referees early in the season are sitting comfortably bottom of the league for bad decisions against.

Anyway, proud of the team and efforts put in today. Let's get some players back and crack on.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I don’t think that was a pen at the end. There’s a higher barometer in the pen area, always has been. 
I’m really proud of that performance though. The table is tight.

1uf27Y7.gif

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

A few factors in our favour for final ten games:

Jones, Gravenberch and Jota gradually coming back. Not even mentioning Alisson given that we’re not really missing him.

Europa League fixtures v Champions League fixtures. Probably good for us if Arsenal get past Porto, as that will be a huge distraction. Hopefully City draw Arsenal or Real. Generally, we’re likely to have easier games.

Whole circus around City v Arsenal game will take focus off us for a bit.

Experience of winning. Ourselves and Man City have it, Arsenal don’t yet.

Great post.

I felt before the game, a draw would be a good par. While I feel like we missed a lot of good chances and were denied a clear penalty, they nearly scored in the last few minutes. Given the level of players we had missing, it was an incredible performance.

We will have players back at just the right time. I don't know how bad Ederson's injury is and to be fair, that Ortega did well, but he would be a loss. It would be nice if the teams around us had a spot of bad luck. Jota for one is going to be fucking huge in the final weeks of the seaaon. Lads like Jones as well to give the other lads a breather. Trent for obvious reasons. Imagine Ali back but knowing you have Qweef on the bench. Bradley and Quansah not rookies but bona fida first teamers.

We all have nasty looking fixtures left. Being honest, we possibly have the easiest run in by the slightest of margins. If we play like today, we won't drop any more points imo. I said it a few weeks ago, Goodison and Old Trafford will be warzones and I dread them but we play our game and we walk away with six points. I really rate Villa but they got spanked today at home. Spurs are a nasty looking one but they play the others at home. 

We literally walked through a storm and came out of it with some top class players stepping in. 

This week play the kids in Europe. Go at the Mancs. Watch Arsenal hopefully get through in Europe to play City and kick fuck out of each other three times in a few weeks.

Good times to be a Red.

• Upvote 6

It's a big ask but 9 victories and no fucker is stopping us winning this.

On the pen at the end I didn't think VAR would ever over-rule that either way (if it had been given it would have stood)

Fuck it though. This league is ours to win.

30 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

Flicked his titty with his boot, would have been nailed on if it was a full studs into chest situation but a little nipple bop was never getting changed by var.

What was the match last season where Gakpo got a load of bloody stud-wounds on his chest?  Is that the benchmark?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

On the pen at the end I didn't think VAR would ever over-rule that either way (if it had been given it would have stood)

If arsenal get 9 victories too, chances are they win it (thanks to the likes of Westam and fucking Sheffield United).

5 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

10 games left. But yea, anything but an arsenal will on 31st and its still in our hands

Had a look on a Spurs forum earlier. One poster said that he started the weekend watching Utd Everton and it was dogshit, and finished watching a great game of football.