You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Don't say it too loud, but I wouldn't be averse to see him replaced, but that's based on a Klopp team obviously.

He's very good, but not a direct missle like Klopp players need to be to be effective in this system.

He loves to make too much of the game about him winning his one on ones directly. There's times when there's an easy give and go around a player, but Diaz will try and dribble past every time. He may retain the ball, he maybe won't, there's 100% chance of a lack of control of a situation. But that same attitude gets that run (and I think corner?) near the end of the game and it was outrageous what he did there. 

I don't think there's a mass of standout players in that position in the league. Look at city today, they've done it with doku who is fast but makes Diaz look like Einstein and Alvarez, who's just a but crap there. Arsenal have martinelli, another headless chicken. The best one is Son, but he's getting on now. I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid, unless we have someone brilliant lined up to take his place. 

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A few factors in our favour for final ten games:

Jones, Gravenberch and Jota gradually coming back. Not even mentioning Alisson given that we’re not really missing him.

Europa League fixtures v Champions League fixtures. Probably good for us if Arsenal get past Porto, as that will be a huge distraction. Hopefully City draw Arsenal or Real. Generally, we’re likely to have easier games.

Whole circus around City v Arsenal game will take focus off us for a bit.

Experience of winning. Ourselves and Man City have it, Arsenal don’t yet.

True but I've heard people writing the games against Villa A and Sours at home as easy wins. That 2 of our last 3(Everton reschedule excluded). Both them and the Derby and mancs will be tough. Both will be out to kick our players and sit deep looking for a point. Their whole season will be made up for if they grabbed a point and cost us the title

Just now, Lee909 said:

True but I've heard people writing the games against Villa A and Sours at home as easy wins. That 2 of our last 3(Everton reschedule excluded). Both them and the Derby and mancs will be tough. Both will be out to kick our players and sit deep looking for a point. 

I’m dreading the Old Trafford league game. I think we’ll obliterate them next week. Not sure if that’s good or bad for the league game which follows.

1 hour ago, rubble-rouser said:

IMG_1380.jpeg

Fuck, I missed the last 15 + injury time, and haven't seen this yet, only heard it described on the radio. That's fucking scandalous.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’m dreading the Old Trafford league game. I think we’ll obliterate them next week. Not sure if that’s good or bad for the league game which follows.

I think a win next week would more or less guarantee that we won’t win the league game. I felt the same after we knocked Arsenal out.

• Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, Curly said:

Ake was offside too though. 

image.jpeg

Edit - scrap that. Can’t be offside from a corner apparently 

Double edit - I’ve played and watched football for 30 years and never knew that!

Even if you could, he's 4 yards behind the ball.

Only possible argument against that goal is obstruction and that's a weak as fuck argument.

From city's point of view its clever and well executed and the ball from De Bruyne is perfect.

From our point of view its a bit shit.

• Upvote 1

MacAllister needed to be stronger there.  It was obvious that he was being managed out of the way to make space for  another runner.  It was a decent set piece, unfortunately.  Anyway, we need to learn from it and move on. 

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

If we are on it we'll batter them - they are shite and very easy to create chances against.

They won't get away with parking the bus at the toilet IMO and we'll rip them to bits.

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

MacAllister needed to be stronger there.  It was obvious that he was being managed out of the way to make space for  another runner.  It was a decent set piece, unfortunately.  Anyway, we need to learn from it and move on. 

Nunez also let Stones run away from him too easily 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

So with Lucho in the wide front role, are you accepting of Robbo’s slightly different role?

of course, but I don't think he's as comfortable in playing it as perhaps Gomez or Tsimikas.  Robertson's real strengths are running into space and crossing.  Having said that, if Diaz is moved on, we may being a forward in to play on the left who can maximise Robertson's strengths.

I’m not going to dispute their well taken goal. They caught us napping.

However, I’m listening to Owen and Macca on the post match comments and they’re saying ‘no-one is giving that as a penalty under those circumstances, that late on, against that team. No penalty’

Well. Fuck. You.

Now the dust has settled we are in a great position to fight for this title kids done brilliant to keep us in it now need returning injured players up to speed fitness wise to take us over the line and today is where we really miss Jota up the reds 

• Upvote 2

Incredibly proud of the players, the manager and coaching staff, and of course the supporters!

Less said about Oliver and his PGMOL VAR-abusing colleagues the better.

Not sure what to feel right now. Would have taken a point before the game (most others thought differently). I still think we have a great chance, as both City and Arsenal have just as bad a remaining schedule as us. I actually think we can win all our remaining games given the effort these players seem willing to put in.

Will have to read the thread back later to see what others think.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Caramac said:

wkhbN53.gif

IGTc31A.gif

OK don't have to wait for MoTD now. 

Obviously able to watch this with emotion removed and knowing the outcome... I actually don't think it looks as bad as I expected.

If that gets given you're not overturning it but I think he's done a pretty good job of pulling his foot back out.

It's a pen, but probably not an "overturn a decision on the field' pen.

• Upvote 2