You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (H) - Wed 21st Feb 2024 (7:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I admit it. I lost my belief. I looked at the team sheet and saw the bench and felt very disheartened. We were playing with purpose first half, but we could all see that our skill set wasn’t there. I kept thinking of the Arsenal game, and couldn’t shake off the negativity.

Well, I’ve been made to look a bit foolish by a 2nd half performance that was classic turn-it-around Liverpool. Every player gave his all and now I’ve been reminded once again what Jurgen Klopp has done in his time here. I am going to miss this very special man, so from now on I’m savouring every moment, hopefully with fewer doubts about what we can do to the end of the season.

WEMBLEY HERE WE COME

Bed wetter. 

• Haha 1

What a 2nd half performance.  Proper 'what champions are made of' stuff.  Yes it maybe only Luton but they've given quite a few teams including us som real tough games.  I still think all these injuries could fuck us over eventually but the lads are putting in a herculean effort to keep going.  We aren't playing brilliantly, there isn't a great fluency to our play (almost impossible given the disruptions to starting XI week in week out) but we are doing everything we can to make Jurgen's last season a hugely memorable one.

On to Sunday and lets claim the first of our silverware for the season

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Because we can't all be stoic legends like you Fuge.

But surely these players and Kloppo have shown time and time and time again the fortitude and qualities demonstrating will should all keep the faith.

Those lads have earned that much at the very least.

• Upvote 2

My internet was fucked up all the way through that... but if just had a quick catch-up, and that looked pretty excellent.

No one crowing as much as they were about City's poxy 1-0 last night of course.

Very very good.

Incredible the way we're covering injuries.

Fingers crossed.

Fantastic uplift in performance in the second half.  Bradley turned into a mini Gerrard and Joe playing inside meant that our numbers were overwhelming in there and made it difficult for Luton to get out.  Intensity and energy that just wasn't there in the first half.  Some great goals in there too.  Diaz and Elliot couldn't get a pass or a decision right, but still managed to find themselves on the scoreboard.  Gakpo put in a great performance in the second half, and our CBs were completely unruffled.  

Endo MoM though - he was superb all game at breaking up the play and setting us going forward again, and played a great through ball that should have resulted in a goal.  Klopp clearly worked his magic at half time, so full marks to him again.  The youngsters coming on played really well, Danns releasing Gakpo almost resulting in an assist 5 minutes after coming on.

We looked pretty useless up to half time - blunt in attack, and short of imagination in midfield.  Virgil scoring fired up the crowd, and the team fed off it.  Beautiful.