You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 3 Burnley 1 - Match Reaction

4 hours ago, dave u said:

We deserve much more credit than that. All the other 5 year olds had fucked off and we were the only two responsible enough to stay in class.

Hang on! You better not be counting me in that.

a) "You wanna do the pod?" a full 45 minutes after full-time can't really be classed as me skipping class. 

b) I always like to defer to you boys who've actually been at the match anyway because it's better that way.

c) It was my frigging birthday and we were in Islamorada paddleboarding in the ocean. It's not like I was sitting around scratching my balls and watching Gladiators.

d) I was about to defend you two for a really brilliant and funny episode that I thought was well better for not having me wrangling and interjecting to move the chat along. But you can sod off now.  Nice job, Julian. 

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

a) "You wanna do the pod?" a full 45 minutes after full-time can't really be classed as me skipping class. 

b) I always like to defer to you boys who've actually been at the match anyway because it's better that way.

c) It was my frigging birthday and we were in Islamorada paddleboarding in the ocean. It's not like I was sitting around scratching my balls and watching Gladiators.

d) I was about to defend you two for a really brilliant and funny episode that I thought was well better for not having me wrangling and interjecting to move the chat along. But you can sod off now. 

Genuinely thought you said you were paddleboarding in Islamophobia for a minute and didn't know what to think?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:

Genuinely thought you said you were paddleboarding in Islamophobia for a minute and didn't know what to think?

Eye-la-mor-ah-da. 

One of my dearest friends has mild dyslexia and when he came to visit us, he read Islamorada as "Islamabad Mordor". 

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2024 at 09:24, dave u said:

He ruined any chance he had of getting on when he started slandering Darwin,

Fun fact.

I’ve been a guest on more podcasts than the number of podcasts I’ve listened to.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

d) I was about to defend you two for a really brilliant and funny episode that I thought was well better for not having me wrangling and interjecting to move the chat along. But you can sod off now.  Nice job, Julian. 

And also on the theme of missing podders, I wasn’t “heading to bed”; I was out on the piss with friends for their birthdays, in Heaton-On-Mersey, having planned the night away several months earlier and not been able/prepared to accept the, “Pod after?” shout as I was literally walking in to the ground. 

• Haha 1

Kenny used to name the team at the last possible moment. Never let the players know any earlier than that as he wanted to avoid complacency and to keep everyone on their toes.

When he does it he's shrewd, but when I follow suit I'm just a disorganised clown apparently.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Brownie said:

I tried to be sensible/organised and let Dave know when I could make it but he mocked me for it, so now I just have to say no every time cos he only asks me on when I can’t make it!

You were getting ideas above your station. Like when David James fucked off to model for Armani. Evans didn't nip that in the bud and look how that turned out.

Not on my watch.

• dave u unpinned this topic