You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - EFL Cup Semi Final, 2nd leg - Wed 24th Jan 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

17 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

We won't be there, but even if we were, were miles better than them in 2022 and didn't score in 4 hours of football at Wembley.

They were a proper team who were reigning CL winners at the time with the meanest defence in Europe. They’re a fucking joke now, thankfully.

40 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Seems crazy how much straightforward info about injuries Ljinders gives on Carabao duty, compared to Jurgen's Stanley Unwin type pressers.

It's not a good thing imho. Said it elsewhere on the forum today, Ljinders needs to learn to be a bit guarded during press conferences.  Especially if he aims to be Liverpool manager in the future. Just because you are full of passion and love for the game, you don't need to give away so much. 

Could have kept Fulham guessing a bit about who we would start at left back and right back. Rather, they now fully know what to prepare for in those areas.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Play the under 12's, fuck playing Chelsea in another final, they're due a win against us.

When people talk about anyone being "due a win" I always think of Homer betting against the Harlem Globetrotters.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 22/01/2024 at 13:56, Carra_is_legend said:

2 legged semi final for this tournament is ridiculous and they should scrap it. 

This is the last season with 2 legged semi. One leg from next season on.

I agree with the shouts to go strong here. Even if they are missing a couple of players, they play some decent stuff, and Silva is one of the few managers that seems to give Klopp a problem or two.

Can't really see us making a lot of changes. I think Gravenberch should start instead of Harvey, but he might be in for Curtis if Curtis isn't 100 per cent fit. Fancy Gakpo to start, possibly for Diaz. I'd play the same back four unless Robbo is fully match fit. I'm actually not so sure Kelleher will play. Wouldn't rule out Klopp "compensating" him  with a start in the FA Cup game vs Norwich at home, with Allison taking charge tomorrow. 

No VAR for this one either, should guarantee a decent spectacle at least. Come on you Reds!

1 minute ago, lebron said:

This is the last season with 2 legged semi. One leg from next season on.

I agree with the shouts to go strong here. Even if they are missing a couple of players, they play some decent stuff, and Silva is one of the few managers that seems to give Klopp a problem or two.

Can't really see us making a lot of changes. I think Gravenberch should start instead of Harvey, but he might be in for Curtis if Curtis isn't 100 per cent fit. Fancy Gakpo to start, possibly for Diaz. I'd play the same back four unless Robbo is fully match fit. I'm actually not so sure Kelleher will play. Wouldn't rule out Klopp "compensating" him  with a start in the FA Cup game vs Norwich at home, with Allison taking charge tomorrow. 

No VAR for this one either, should guarantee a decent spectacle at least. Come on you Reds!

I may be wrong here but i think Klopp committed to Kelleher being milk cup keeper....it may have been another season he said it mind, my recollection isn't clear - but i'd be surprised if it wasn't Kelleher.

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

I may be wrong here but i think Klopp committed to Kelleher being milk cup keeper....it may have been another season he said it mind, my recollection isn't clear - but i'd be surprised if it wasn't Kelleher.

Yeah, it was discussed thoroughly on the Bornemouth podcast as well. I just have a hunch that he'll switch it up due to the tougher opposition midweek, and that Allison could use a breather at the weekend before a busy period. Might sell it as a privilege for Kelleher to play at Anfield as well!

Edit: I really like Kelleher, but Allison practically guarantees a clean sheet.

12 minutes ago, lebron said:

Yeah, it was discussed thoroughly on the Bornemouth podcast as well. I just have a hunch that he'll switch it up due to the tougher opposition midweek, and that Allison could use a breather at the weekend before a busy period. Might sell it as a privilege for Kelleher to play at Anfield as well!

Edit: I really like Kelleher, but Allison practically guarantees a clean sheet.

Fair do's.

I'd play Kelleher tomorrow and weekend myself like

I get feeling Alisson may take over in europe in knockout stages so Kelleher getting Milk Cup and easier fa games would be decent trade off

It may not be a popular view but I don’t think Kelleher is as good as the majority seem to think. If we can get a few quid I’d offload. He’s a decent no 2 but not much better. 

I also think we’re gonna be under the cosh a bit tonight Si I’d play the main man. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

It may not be a popular view but I don’t think Kelleher is as good as the majority seem to think. If we can get a few quid I’d offload. He’s a decent no 2 but not much better. 

I also think we’re gonna be under the cosh a bit tonight Si I’d play the main man. 

His form has dipped since his run in the team a couple of seasons back. He might have had his head turned and got a bit frustrated at being solely a back up keeper? I dont think he'd be amazing as a regular anywhere else.

Actually getting a bit nervy now. Some of the hype around the side considering the injuries we're working through and the matches coming up is ridiculous. Feels like we're being set up for a fall.

BBC talking about whether this team is better than 19/20!! 

While one of the best things about that side was how we found a way to win difficult, competitive matches most weeks, I don't think you can compared those performances to how rough we looked through December...

Fuck it, let's win the next five and then start going mad.

We'll snot these tonight.

I honestly believe that even stretched as we currently are with missing players that we are just riding a wave that is about to get bigger and ahead of us are really good times.

These will have to come after us a bit and that will play firmly into our hands - we are going through here and IMHO comfortably.

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

When is Szoboszlai due back from injury?

Seems to be another of these ones which drags on.

On 23/01/2024 at 11:09, Vincent Vega said:

Lijnders says Robbo is back for this, Curtis is fine and available. 

Szoboszlai and Trent back for the weekend. 

Posted yesterday.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

When is Szoboszlai due back from injury?

Seems to be another of these ones which drags on.

The Emergency Ward 10 thread is regularly updated so the sort of information you are requesting above is readily to hand ....

From that very thread yesterday:

Szoboszlai

Dom trained yesterday with us, just one small-sided game, one-touch game, but played good, felt good, did some extra work with the sports science team. He is ready but tomorrow comes too early for him, so he will be ready for the weekend if nothing goes wrong."

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

Well they are just down road from chelsea...

Fuck me so many clubs really are fucking embarrassing aren't they when it comes to this sort of shite.

GEoDIiAXQAACEQA?format=jpg&name=small

White flags already??