You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - EFL Cup Semi Final, 2nd leg - Wed 24th Jan 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

21 hours ago, Razoray said:

I think it will be something like this, if Szoboszlai is fit. If he isn't, Elliott will start and one of the forwards would probably come in. 

Kelleher 

Gomez Quansah VVD Beck

Szoboszlai MacAllister Gravenberch

Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Subs: Allisson Konate Bradley Jones Jota Nunez 

Is Szoboszlai back?

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

I think that's catastrophising a little.

GK: Alisson - Kelleher

FB: Bradley - Gomez - Beck - Scanlon - Ramsay (doubtful for loan reasons)

CB: VvD - Konate - Quansah - Phillips (doubtful for loan reasons)

MF: Mac - Jones - Elliott - Grav - Clark - McConnell

FW: Diaz - Nunez - Jota - Gakpo - Gordon

20 players here, most of which have already featured this season and two others that have previously featured, none of which I'd expect to let themselves down. That's what I mean by rotate, doesn't mean all of them play significant minutes but you play to the needs and risks of the game as we need to.

Hopefully we get some bodies back, but the Chelsea and Arsenal games are priority in that respect.

Take the keepers out of it and saying Jones and Szobo are currently out then senior 1st teamers are:

Gomez

VVD

Quansah

Konate

Mac Allister

Elliott

Gravenberch

Diaz

Nunez

Gakpo

Jota

That is 11...

The rest come under the kids category - i'll give you Bradley and call it 12 - which is what i said originally.

I'd be surprised if Ramsay was an option as we need to get him out on loan - I covered Phillips in original post - personally think he should go on loan again and we won't use him anyway.

Not saying those kids can't do a job v Norwich or even if called on in league but for me they are kids and that is what i meant originally - rotation can only mean bringing in kids at present. Hopefully there are bodies on way back - it is a lot of games in a short period of time and a really crucial time with a couple of tough league games - Arsenal away speak for itself and regardless of how much of a mess Chelsea are, we always find it hard against them and they have improved of late.

Not saying we are fucked and yesterday I said we'll win league, but we are stretched at present IMO to a point where we really can't be stretched any further squad wise.

39 minutes ago, an tha said:

Take the keepers out of it and saying Jones and Szobo are currently out then senior 1st teamers are:

Gomez

VVD

Quansah

Konate

Mac Allister

Elliott

Gravenberch

Diaz

Nunez

Gakpo

Jota

That is 11...

The rest come under the kids category - i'll give you Bradley and call it 12 - which is what i said originally.

I'd be surprised if Ramsay was an option as we need to get him out on loan - I covered Phillips in original post - personally think he should go on loan again and we won't use him anyway.

Not saying those kids can't do a job v Norwich or even if called on in league but for me they are kids and that is what i meant originally - rotation can only mean bringing in kids at present. Hopefully there are bodies on way back - it is a lot of games in a short period of time and a really crucial time with a couple of tough league games - Arsenal away speak for itself and regardless of how much of a mess Chelsea are, we always find it hard against them and they have improved of late.

Not saying we are fucked and yesterday I said we'll win league, but we are stretched at present IMO to a point where we really can't be stretched any further squad wise.

Bradley's more of a planned member of this first team squad than Quansah, never mind what you'll "give me". He was always going to get a chance this season. Quansah forced his way in. I also don't think we need to get Ramsay out on loan particularly, it might be that he'd benefit from a few stable months getting his fitness and confidence back.

You asked me what rotation meant, and I showed you that there are 20+ players that Klopp has already used available for the next two games (unsure of Jones' status), couldn't care less whether or not they are kids, they are good players.  I haven't said that I'd expect any of them to be used in the Arsenal and Chelsea games, in fact that's the reason I said rotate for Norwich.

Our squad is being tested, but I see no reason to start shitting it. We're not Spurs or Newcastle and this is nothing compared to what we've gone through in recent seasons.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Gomez

VVD

Quansah

Konate

Mac Allister

Elliott

Gravenberch

Diaz

Nunez

Gakpo

Jota

That is 11...

Gomez in goal, radical. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Bradley's more of a planned member of this first team squad than Quansah, never mind what you'll "give me". He was always going to get a chance this season. Quansah forced his way in. I also don't think we need to get Ramsay out on loan particularly, it might be that he'd benefit from a few stable months getting his fitness and confidence back.

You asked me what rotation meant, and I showed you that there are 20+ players that Klopp has already used available for the next two games (unsure of Jones' status), couldn't care less whether or not they are kids, they are good players.  I haven't said that I'd expect any of them to be used in the Arsenal and Chelsea games, in fact that's the reason I said rotate for Norwich.

Our squad is being tested, but I see no reason to start shitting it. We're not Spurs or Newcastle and this is nothing compared to what we've gone through in recent seasons.

Rotation can only mean kids when down to around a dozen senior outfield players and it may be ok - the point is we don't want to be stretched any further than we are.

Nobody is 'shitting' it.

Of course 'rotation' or play a lot of kids meant for Norwich - that is clear and it is a reasonable chance to do so, ideally we'd be only using two or three of them - but looks likely now will need more - we can't for example IMO play Gomez so LB wise we have to go kid route....and so on.

As for Ramsay - i think you are wrong, big time - lad has barely kicked a ball in a couple of years - he needs football, he needs games and he would benefit massively from a spell at a decent club - he is missing key parts of his development years, he is miles away from being ready to get decent games with us (he might have been closer had he not missed so much football) - get him a solid run of games, where he can prove he can get and stay fit and importantly get some ryhthm and some confidence/experience etc.

We have players coming back hopefully so hopefully we can get through and get something close to a full senior squad before too long - but i stand by my view we are stretched as far as we can be really and whilst we are managing well we are entering an intense little period with big games - hopefully we get through it no more stretched, with results we want and returning players even closer to strengthening us.

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Gomez

VVD

Quansah

Konate

Mac Allister

Elliott

Gravenberch

Diaz

Nunez

Gakpo

Jota

That is 11...

I'm surprised we haven't recalled Morton from Hull given how stretched we are .

I have to be honest I didn't give him a hope in hell of making it here , but he seems a decent player now he's got some games under his belt.

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

Need to score first here . Don’t fancy chasing the game . I think they still have the away goal rule that kicks in after ET 

Have you just made up a new rule? If so you should join PGMOL and go on VAR duties cause thats shit they would do to see us not get to another final. 

3 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Have you just made up a new rule? If so you should join PGMOL and go on VAR duties cause thats shit they would do to see us not get to another final. 

Until the recent change that was the rule in 2 legged league cup games.

If you won the first leg at home 2-1, then at full time in the second leg you were 1-0 down on the night but level at 2-2 on aggregate, you'd have extra time to try and win it. If it was the same score after extra time the opposition would go through on away goals.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

I think the previous post answers your question. It wasn’t that long ago LC semis had the away goal rules. 

• Upvote 1