You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winning the league

Kevin D

How  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Where

• At Anfield against Everton
    • Away at Goodison
    • At Anfield vs Man Utd
    • Away at Old Trafford

In Dave’s round up, someone posted Tottenham’s fixtures. In the back end of the season, they’re playing Arsenal and then ourselves away and on their forum they were discussing how they’d prefer to win the title.

That is obviously absurd.

Having said that, it did get me thinking.

If you could decide how to win the title how and where would you do it?

Anfield rocking in a big game vs Everton/Mancs or going to their stadiums and making them watch us be crowned champions.

What do you reckon?

49 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

At Anfield.

Opposition not really important, but either the Ev, United or City would be the cherry on the cake. Went for United at home as they are still one ahead.

Ideally we should do one at Anfield when we’re level with them too.

We'll not get level with United in our lifetimes mate. City will be ahead of United before we're level with them.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Home to United, guard of honour away to Everton.

I’d go with Everton away.

As wild as Anfield would be, Goodison would never get over watching us be crowned champions on their pitch. There’d be pitch invasions, fights, boos and early departure about 15 minutes in.

I’d be laughing my head off, see our 4-0 their for reference.

13 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

As wild as Anfield would be, Goodison would never get over watching us be crowned champions on their pitch. There’d be pitch invasions, fights, boos and early departure about 15 minutes in.

The Guard of Honour fume though...

I wouldn't want it at United because they'd be singing about Hillsborough, while Everton would just be perfoming the loudest boo ever recorded. 

I suppose you could make the case for winning it at Goodison, and then being given the guard of honour at one of their relegation rivals and going full "on the beach" mode and gifting whoever it is three points. Complete party atmosphere in the stands from both sets of fans.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

The Guard of Honour fume though...

I wouldn't want it at United because they'd be singing about Hillsborough, while Everton would just be perfoming the loudest boo ever recorded. 

I suppose you could make the case for winning it at Goodison, and then being given the guard of honour at one of their relegation rivals and going full "on the beach" mode and gifting whoever it is three points. Complete party atmosphere in the stands from both sets of fans.

Sending our U18s out on the last day vs  Luton and having a recorded message from Klopp saying how great it is for the public at Luton to see us and how formidable they are.

16 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Doubt many of them would show up, if anything most of them will sell their tickets to us lot then compete with each other on GOT to see who can lie about ripping off a kopite for the most money. At that point it's almost a home game anyway. 

• Upvote 1