You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2024 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I absolutely do not know what went on with the Caicedo deal.

But I can not recall one single time the last 20 years, or 40 for that matter, that a Liverpool manager has confirmed in a prematch presser that we’ve had a bid for a player accepted, before the deal was done and dusted. I really dont believe other clubs do it either, and if they do I’d say they’re either complete amateurs or they’re somehow trying to be clever to achieve something.

Make of it what you want, but it’s obvious that there was something strange going on. And by strange I dont mean us trying to be clever negotiators.

Bayern do it routinely for other Bundesliga players.

2 hours ago, Em City said:

"Why can't we get these young South American talents like Brighton do before they cost £100 million?"

*Liverpool puts in arrangements to buy one of the most highly rated midfielders on the continent

"No, not like that."

That first sentence, I never say anything like that, because I understand Liverpool mostly operate in a different market. 

My point is just that there has to be a very high ceiling and talent level if you are making this type of signing, because that is the thing about buying players from bad leagues; You are betting on raw talent because the performances tell you little in themselves due to the level of competition.

Is Andre that level of player, is all I'm asking. Don't think its obvious. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

That first sentence, I never say anything like that, because I understand Liverpool mostly operate in a different market. 

My point is just that there has to be a very high ceiling and talent level if you are making this type of signing, because that is the thing about buying players from bad leagues; You are betting on raw talent because the performances tell you little in themselves due to the level of competition.

How much of him have you actually seen? 

On 27/10/2023 at 13:09, El Rojo said:

I know nothing about Inacio, but with Virgil and Matip both 32 now, it's a position that we need to prioritise. 

As posted in the summer thread,  after my extensive scouting in transfer market.com all 5 minutes. Andre should be the DM we sign and Funky Cold Medina, Argentinian CB/LB at Lens is the hybrid CB we should go for. 

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Almost nothing, same as basically everyone on here. Was my post reading like I knew loads about him?

You just seem to be really apprehensive about a player you know nothing about. Maybe, just maybe, the club know quite a bit about him and that’s why they really seem to want him. I think I’ll trust the club’s judgement on this one.

26 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

You just seem to be really apprehensive about a player you know nothing about. Maybe, just maybe, the club know quite a bit about him and that’s why they really seem to want him. I think I’ll trust the club’s judgement on this one.

Cool. Good for you.

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It wasn't a dig at you specifically tbh.

I'm struggling to understand your reservations though. He's an ideal age, looks really good, is very highly rated and will be relatively cheap.

Looking forward to the Libertadores final on Saturday to see how he gets on. Boca Juniors are meant to be mediocre enough though.

Hope Fluminense win. I went to watch them in Rio years ago and bought their shirt for about a fiver outside the Maracana. Romario was playing for them in his first game back after playing in the UAE. He was a fat lazy twat who never moved the whole game.

They got a penalty in the last minute and he scored. Everyone wanked about his heroes return and he probably went out straight after, drunk gallons of Caiprinha and banged about five twenty year old stunners. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They got a penalty in the last minute and he scored. Everyone wanked about his heroes return and he probably went out straight after, drunk gallons of Caiprinha and banged about five twenty year old stunners. 

Living the dream to be fair