You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mega Midfield Mystery Mash-Up

All the talk is that we’re looking to bring in three midfielders in the summer and that Klopp will have money to spend. How much remains to be seen. Pulling out of the Bellingham thing maybe suggests we don’t (or won’t?) have mega money. 

We’re most likely keeping all of Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Bajectic

For the purpose of the thread, let’s say it’s £100m plus sales, so £120m. I’m gonna price up the midfielders we’re linked with and have you pick your three. Bit like fantasy football.  We might only sign two midfielders but you’re picking three here.  

Ugarte - £50m
Mac Allister - £70m

Nunes - £50m

Mount - £40m

Rabiot - Free

Gravenberch - £30m

Caicedo - £80m

Rice - £80m

Kante - Free

Gallagher - £40m

Barella - £70m

Tielemans - Free

Maddison- £30m (if they go down)

Tchouameni - £70m

Musah - £30m

Koopmeiners - £40m

Palinha - £50m

Kone - £40m

Thuram - £50m

Who are you having?

I think if Jurgen really is all in on that Ugarte then I have to put him in. 

Mount - Ugarte -Gravenberch

Total: £120m

That’s my realistic one. The fantasy one (for that money) which won’t happen will be…

Rabiot - Caicedo - Mount

Total: £120m

I honestly think that if Caicedo can handle the step up he could be transformational for us on his own, and if it’s possible we should work around that. He’s got a release clause. Get it done. 

"Tyler Morton will save Liverpool millions"

"James Milner is 37 but his bleep test scores are same as a 27 year old - he will go again"

"Klopp still believes in Keita as he looks to gets one more year to finally fulfill his potential"

Sorted....

Can't go for one of the big hitters as then you have to take one of the frees. Kante's fucked these days, Tielemans is lazy, and Rabiot seems a massive shitcunt. 

In that scenario, I'd go for Ugarte, Kone and Gravenberch. Not sure I've ever seen any of them play, but they sound sexy.

All the 70-80m options are great for different reasons. If our business was built around one of those 5 you listed, the rest of the choices wouldn't matter that much, honestly. 

Good thread though because normally I would say buy a bunch of players from the 40-50m group, but when you write them out, they aren't that attractive of a proposition. Although I like Mount.

Edit: funny because I just saw Babb's post above me and we disagree completely.

Also, I'd add Lavia and Tyler Adams to your list. But from the ones you picked, I would take Caicedo, Mount and very reluctantly Tielemans.

With Cody dropping deep to support the Mids ala Bobby, we don’t need a complicated 3-4-3 attack 4-3-3 defense. TAA as one third of midfield, gives him the space he needs.

buy a great RB, and two Mids to cover/replace our current personnel.

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

All the talk is that we’re looking to bring in three midfielders in the summer and that Klopp will have money to spend. How much remains to be seen. Pulling out of the Bellingham thing maybe suggests we don’t (or won’t?) have mega money. 

We’re most likely keeping all of Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Bajectic

For the purpose of the thread, let’s say it’s £100m plus sales, so £120m. I’m gonna price up the midfielders we’re linked with and have you pick your three. Bit like fantasy football.  We might only sign two midfielders but you’re picking three here.  

Ugarte - £50m
Mac Allister - £70m

Nunes - £50m

Mount - £40m

Rabiot - Free

Gravenberch - £30m

Caicedo - £80m

Rice - £80m

Kante - Free

Gallagher - £40m

Barella - £70m

Tielemans - Free

Maddison- £30m (if they go down)

Tchouameni - £70m

Musah - £30m

Koopmeiners - £40m

Palinha - £50m

Kone - £40m

Thuram - £50m

Who are you having?

Nice idea.  I will go:

Khephren Thuram - never seen him play, but I used to really like his dad

Barella - got the most quality on the ball out of this list in my opinion, also runs about a lot.  Don't know who his dad is.

Kante - least of the twats on a free, even if he is broken and can probably only run as much as my dad these days. 

If the mingebags let Juergen have a few crumbs from the billions he’s made them, then Rice & Caicedo would be perfect for what we need to get back to the top the way he wants us set up. 

Both of them are brilliant at reading the game and always seem to be in the right position for intercepting the ball or making the 50/50’s in their favour. 

However, they won’t give him the funds for what it takes to land them so we’ll spend another season wondering what might have been if we’d have just paid that bit more instead of an blowing it all on another expensive waste of a shirt that Mason Fucking Mount will bring us. 

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Fancy a game of scrabble?

Sure.

Hang on a minute, you've got 10 letters there

Yes, I think I should be allowed more than 7.

How hard is it for most of you to follow the fucking rules?

I know, it's ridiculous. 

Ugarte, Mount and Musah for me from that list with these conditions.

But what I'd actually do is buy a really good right back (Jeremie Frimpong maybe), Ugarte, and Levi Colwill. If there's anything left after that go for Tyler Adams or maybe Lavia for depth in midfield.

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

No one has ever watched Mason Mount play a game of football and think you know what, he’d be great for us

I haven’t seen enough of him to comment (to be honest I haven’t seen enough of any of these players to have a view) other than he always seems a tidy player. However I asked one of my mates whose a Chelsea fan, and he raved about him.

Summary was, he’s won Cheslsea player of the year last two seasons, although been poor this year. Workhorse with massive stamina and their most creative player and be a great fit for Klopp.

he went on to say if he starts he’d go onto legendary status like FBFF or Terry.

Now obviously that final comparison to Terry and FBFF wouldn’t sit well with us, as we look through the lens of them, rightly being twats.

hiwever, if you laid out what we needed, creative workhorse, who has stamina for the press, he’d be what we’d be looking for. I respect my mates knowledge and I’d take his word on this.

so whilst every bit of me wouldn’t want a Chelsea player by association Iif we get Mount Id be quietly confident he’d be a great signing for us.

Otherwise I’d just have to trust in Klopp and the team.