You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Films you thought were boss, but found disappointing!

Curly

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, The Matrix. A boring load of bollocks, in my view.

Starts out with a really good premise. The first film starts really well then gets worse. The follow up films are utter shite. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

She was brilliant in Joan of Arc and perfectly cast in The Fifth Element.

For "Joan of Arc", you mean "The Messenger"

She was nominated for a golden raspberry for it. One of 4 she's been nominated for. Including Fifth Element. Fit but just awful at acting. 

Rocky Horror Picture Show - this was supposed to be a cult film I kept hearing about and looking for a long time and that it didn't live up to expectations would be a huge understatement. What the hell is that supposed to be?

This Is Spinal Tap - again, huge rep only growing and growing over time, but by the time I finally get to see it - I guess the mocumentary form was not so fresh anymore and this goes up to eleven scene wasn't enough. It was just sort of OK.

Face / Off - everybody was telling me wait till you see this, it starts with some preposterous homage to Woo's Hong Kong days and you wait for the proper film to start and after about half an hour horrific realization begins to creep up that this pile of OTT rubbish is all there is.

Wolf Of Wall Street - it's like, Scorsese and Oscars and all, but it is basically same film as Goodfellas, only with boiler room brokers instead of low level gangsters, less interesting plot and characters and even bigger storytelling problems then usual with Marty.

Oklahoma! - childhood trauma. It was supposed to be a western. Then the cowboy sings.

A clockwork orange was not only disappointing, it made me fucking angry. Hate it with a passion.

Donnie Darko - Not a bad film but just got hyped up beyond belief. I preferred the Butterfly effect on a similar-ish theme. 

Alien\Aliens\Alien twelfty 5 - I hadn't seen any of them then all of them at once on a marathon with a mate. Admittedly movie marathons don't work in my experience, but also by then I was 18/19 and had seen loads of thriller/horrors and maybe didn't have the impact it might have done when I was 14.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Taxi Driver. 

Shawshank

Withnail and I

Citizen Kane

Gravity

Mad Max Fury Road

All other Mad Max films

I want to rep you for mad max films, all boring and are total shite. 

And then you go and piss all over your good work! 

I’ll get pissed and think which way to go…

6 hours ago, SasaS said:

Rocky Horror Picture Show - this was supposed to be a cult film I kept hearing about and looking for a long time and that it didn't live up to expectations would be a huge understatement. What the hell is that supposed to be?

This Is Spinal Tap - again, huge rep only growing and growing over time, but by the time I finally get to see it - I guess the mocumentary form was not so fresh anymore and this goes up to eleven scene wasn't enough. It was just sort of OK.

Face / Off - everybody was telling me wait till you see this, it starts with some preposterous homage to Woo's Hong Kong days and you wait for the proper film to start and after about half an hour horrific realization begins to creep up that this pile of OTT rubbish is all there is.

Wolf Of Wall Street - it's like, Scorsese and Oscars and all, but it is basically same film as Goodfellas, only with boiler room brokers instead of low level gangsters, less interesting plot and characters and even bigger storytelling problems then usual with Marty.

Oklahoma! - childhood trauma. It was supposed to be a western. Then the cowboy sings.

I was the same when I first saw Spinal Tap but then being in bands & watching it multiple times just made it better & better. I would happily stick it on now & sit pissing myself right through it.

• Upvote 1

Some atrocious shouts in here. Ones I do agree with are…

Shawshank Redemption - it’s Ok like but I wouldn’t say more than that.

Donnie Darko - “Cult classic” my ass. Incoherent nonsense.

2001 Space Odyssey - I don’t get it.

Clockwork Orange - I reasonably liked the first part of the film, didn’t like the second part. Found it hugely overrated.

Spinal Tap - Don’t think I laughed once. 

• Upvote 1