You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

Athletic:

Liverpool would still like to sign another multi-functional midfielder, but their search for a defence-minded No 6 is now over— If another central player who can mix guts and guile is sourced, then @LFC will be satisfied with their business. Bayern Munich’s Netherlands midfielder Ryan Gravenberch has been
admired for some time and Liverpool continue to monitor his situation. Adding further competition and protection in defence is another consideration but may be addressed in future windows.

mack-draft-day.gif

43 minutes ago, an tha said:

Athletic:

Liverpool would still like to sign another multi-functional midfielder, but their search for a defence-minded No 6 is now over— If another central player who can mix guts and guile is sourced, then @LFC will be satisfied with their business. Bayern Munich’s Netherlands midfielder Ryan Gravenberch has been
admired for some time and Liverpool continue to monitor his situation. Adding further competition and protection in defence is another consideration but may be addressed in future windows.

No CB then

Must be waiting to get Matip out and see how that kid goes. Really hope we don't fuck Phillips over and keep him hanging around again

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

No CB then

Must be waiting to get Matip out and see how that kid goes. Really hope we don't fuck Phillips over and keep him hanging around again

Not sure we have ever been fucking Phillips over, its like he's won a competition to be part of the squad.

• Upvote 1

That Athletic update is typical of modern transfer talk. It's like listening to one of those clairvoyants that go to social clubs.

"The reds are keen admirers of several players. They may buy one if one becomes available, but if not, they may wait until future transfer windows."

"I'm getting the name Bob...

Or is it Rob....Paul? Yes it's Paul isn't it love? Paul was your dad wasn't he? Your grandad? Uncle? Yes it was Uncle Paul. You called him Uncle Paul? No? Well sometimes you did didn't you? Maybe just the once? 

• Upvote 8

I know this is a transfer thread on a football forum so people are naturally going to speculate or air their grievances or whatever, but I'm sure all this business is a lot more complex than any of us understand, and even if nothing ends up happening it doesn't necessarily mean that was the plan. Maybe they are all sat on their hands doing fuck all, maybe FSG have said you aren't getting another penny. Maybe they've spoken to Palace and said we'll give you £70m for Doucoure, for instance, and they've said fine but only if we can get our own no.1 target in before the window closes so don't leak anything so the team we're buying from don't know we've got £70m burning a hole. And then if they can't do their business, we don't do ours and everyone shouts on the internet.

That's not to say I don't think they've fucked up the Fabinho/Henderson business and should have got everything done sooner, and there seems to be an inflexibility at multiple levels of the club that hampers us.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That Athletic update is typical of modern transfer talk. It's like listening to one of those clairvoyants that go to social clubs.

"The reds are keen admirers of several players. They may buy one if one becomes available, but if not, they may wait until future transfer windows."

Or is it Rob....Paul? Yes it's Paul isn't it love? Paul was your dad wasn't he? Your grandad? Uncle? Yes it was Uncle Paul. You called him Uncle Paul? No? Well sometimes you did didn't you? Maybe just the once? 

Now I'm getting the word.....Nonce

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Marc Guehi still the player we should sign to put pressure on Virg imo. Home grown,decent pace and same on the ball. Will turn 24 end of this season.

If you're Guehi are you signing to sit behind the newly appointed Captain in a tournament year when you're trying to cement your place in the England squad?

22 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If you're Guehi are you signing to sit behind the newly appointed Captain in a tournament year when you're trying to cement your place in the England squad?

He's more than capable of establishing himself as first choice here. We currently play with a back three made up of a left back. Konate, Gomez and Matip are all very injury prone too, so he'd probably end up playing more games across all competitions than he would at Palace.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

‘ we taped Doris with John before the show started, she named 43 mens first names and 32 occupations’

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I read all that in the voice of Clinton Baptiste

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm getting the name Bob...

Reminds me of that episode in Phoenix Nights

Brilliant!!

Just now, an tha said:

Glad we haven't got involved with this prick.

It is so fucking disrespectful and franklynoit of ordee when these cunts pull this trick....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66642143

Seeing as he is on the verge of a deal with Man city we should definitely try and hijack it by bidding higher than them. It can and will only end well