You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forest (A) Premier League - 22/10/22 - 12:30

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, stringvest said:

Oh dear.  How many league titles, Champions league titles, cups etc has Thiago won?  You’re being silly now. 

Thiago is a superb player- world class. But he's a luxury player- on no terms do you plan your team around him based entirely on his inability to string 10 games together. 

In fairness to Thiago its not his fault we have allowed the likes of Gini and Mane leave, both whom were ultra reliable core players 

What's klopp said about this disgraceful performance in a season of disgraceful performances. No fight at all a fucking stadium full of fans singing Hillsborough songs, sign on songs the worst playbook of the lot. I'm tired of the shithousery more than anything, one of our players could get punched in the face and the the rest of the team would just walk back to their positions. Something happens to a player its the player who kicks off and no one else is arsed. That yesterday was a shameful performance one of the worst I've seen. If this is what the squad players have to offer then fuck them off there's no point its a waste of money a waste of training time. There is absolutely no level/area at all where forest are better than us none! so how the fuck do they manage to fuck that up. I'm beyond concerned by this now its appalling from top to bottom.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Why couldn't one get in front of Curtis Jones? Or do we only make allowances for Thiago's poor fitness/illness record?

Henderson has done more for us than Thiago ever will and has earned some slack.

He's been carried for years.  Thiago has not been carried in a single game for us.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Thiago isn’t a luxury player. When he’s there, he’s pretty vital 95% of the time. Unfortunately, he’s not there as much as we’d like.

This.  It's crazy to think he's a luxury player, like some winger who does nothing for 89 minutes then turns it on to create a goal.  When he plays, he controls the game.  He intercepts, blocks, tackles back, wins the ball more often than any other midfielder, and almost always uses it better.  And in the case of some midfielders, he does their job for them as well

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t know what to say about yesterday. Klopp should be smashing tea cups everywhere after that.

I don't think anyone has the energy to even do that these days.

The club as a whole looks mentally & physically fatigued.  At the start of the season Klopp has been quite fiery with comments in interviews and with the recent comments about state owned clubs (100% correct btw) I think its grinding him down to some degree.  He and his team over the last 4-5 seasons have given it their absolute best and put up some incredible numbers that in any normal times would have seen at least a couple more big titles but sadly we are fighting with one hand behind our backs against teams that hold cheat codes.  If he's not given reassured financial backing to rejuvenate the team I think he'll go on sabitcal at the end of the season. 

• Upvote 1

In the Autumn we won the league we played 4 away games, Sheffield United, the Mancs, Villa and Palace. Apart from the last 10 minutes against the Mancs we were pretty average in each game but got 10 points from 12, the Villa & Palace and games with last minute winners. This squad is so far from the mentality of that squad it’s untrue. 3 years ago we found out ways out of big holes. This lot have given up the ghost. It really is concerning that for several of those players I think they’ve peaked and last season was their swansong. Top 4 this season is an absolute must or I can see Jurgen walking because FSG will sell Ali or Diaz to fund the level below the players we actually need. 

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

This.  It's crazy to think he's a luxury player, like some winger who does nothing for 89 minutes then turns it on to create a goal.  When he plays, he controls the game.  He intercepts, blocks, tackles back, wins the ball more often than any other midfielder, and almost always uses it better.  And in the case of some midfielders, he does their job for them as well

'When he's there' is the key to all this. 

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm still pissed off about this. Even the team we put out should have enough to beat that fucking dross yesterday. They are all playing fucking abysmal clueless shite. 

I'm fuming. The Man City win last week is making it feel even worse! What was the point of that performance if they were going to throw this one in. 

Totally ruined my weekend this did. Feeling slightly better about it now. Lots of players to come back for Wednesday and we’ve generally looked good in the CL since Naples. I think Konate will make a massive difference. 
But the seasons a write off. Are we supposed to give a shit about finishing 4th? 

4 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

It makes me laugh when people say Thiago is a luxury player. He is EXACTLY the type of player we need if we are aiming for big titles. 

He should be protected by spending big on midfielders who can step in and win games for us. It's not Thiago's fault that he is the ONLY proper midfielder we have right now. 

He’s very good when he plays, but it’s a problem that he doesn’t play as much as we need him. 

The thing is, we probably don’t even need world class midfielders, just a couple who can press, cover the centre halves a bit and pick out a few decent passes. I’ll despair if we don’t start to remedy it in January. 

Over the last 15 years we have seen Liverpool fans claim players like D.Kuyt, P.Crouch, Lucas Leiva, Simon Mignolet, E.Insua were good to great players.

Off course we have some stupid clowns following us, who dont appreciate the genius of Thiago.