You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forest (A) Premier League - 22/10/22 - 12:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think Diaz is one of the players we're missing the most, his type of attacking and energy could've really helped today. It sucked reading about him and Jota being out for some time earlier. As long as Thiago and Nunez are ok though we might be able to avoid seeing the type of football we saw earlier on for the most part, and as long as these injuries stop hapening so often.

I actually thought out of them all (apart from Thiago) we could have done with Jota out of the 3 forwards out ore today. We needed someone inside their defence harassing them. Bobby played too deep at times when today we needed him as a 9. 

Jones though. I hate giving our players down the banks too much but he's far too casual. He's gone backwards, I know injuries haven't helped but training and playing with those around him should have brought him on by now. 

Elliot again very good today I thought. Mo stunk the place out. 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Ruined weekend? Not anymore for me, the result has gone, the game will be totally for me soon.

I’m completely apathetic to our results any more. 

VAR, not being able to celebrate the title win after waiting so long, City cheating without impunity, the blatant cheating of officials with no repercussions, fans of other clubs being utter cunts, people I thought were mates blaming our fans in Paris with zero evidence whatsoever…

The list goes on.

Maybe I’m just an old cunt but the game has gone for me, I’ll always look out for results and be here calling a cunt a cunt because Daves match reports are golden, but I just haven’t got it in me to get wound up by any of it anymore. 

*stares wistfully into the past 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think Diaz is one of the players we're missing the most, his type of attacking and energy could've really helped today. It sucked reading about him and Jota being out for some time earlier. As long as Thiago and Nunez are ok though we might be able to avoid seeing the type of football we saw earlier on for the most part, and as long as these injuries stop happening so often.

I still don’t think we know what to do with Diaz. No doubting the lads effort or skill but he doesn’t seem to fit right with the rest of the team for me. 

Jota when in form is a bigger miss for us. He’s a snide little bastard whose not afraid to boot someone or take a hit back and knows where the net is but these injuries are coming on more frequently. 

Both of them are badly missed now. It’s got to be our training that needs to be looked at because these muscle injuries are becoming a joke now.

We need to accept a season of inconsistent performances. 

That is until we get the players we need to play klopps way which is relentless. Younger legs are desperately needed and the quality needed will cost tens of millions. 

One day we'll look top notch, see city at home, then forest away shows us up for the dross we can be. Such a shame given where we were. 

Howie is right, those players he names are on shit loads of money and shells of what they were. And they won't be shifted either. We need to get ruthless. 

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is. Think about this. 4 top earners in the team (Salah, VvD, Henderson, Fabinho) all under contract for the next 2/3 seasons. All a shadow of their former selves into their 30's.

I fully expect Salah to be ruled out for a few weeks with a back issue.

We used to laugh at Arsenal for these kind of decisions.

35 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

VAR, not being able to celebrate the title win after waiting so long, City cheating without impunity, the blatant cheating of officials with no repercussions, fans of other clubs being utter cunts, people I thought were mates blaming our fans in Paris with zero evidence whatsoever…

The list goes on.

Maybe I’m just an old cunt but the game has gone for me, I’ll always look out for results and be here calling a cunt a cunt because Daves match reports are golden, but I just haven’t got it in me to get wound up by any of it anymore. 

Not being able to celebrate the title did me in....never felt right since.

We had to wait for 30 years - had to watch the fucking mancs win title after title - had to watch blackburn and leicester win it....had some near misses, the heartbreak of 2014...

97 pts not being enough in 2019.

Then we put together almost a perfect season and were running away with it  - set to end that 30 year bastard wait and remove the weight it was on us - and bang a fucking once in a lifetime pandemic shuts the world down and the season down for 3 months and we return to wrap up winning the title in empty stadiums and receive trophy in an empty stadium.

The players deserved better, the manager deserved better and us fans deserved better - but there we were finally champions, but no proper celebration, no parade - no special moments between players and fans and all associated with club in celebrating and experiencing finally, fucking finally getting back on our perch.

I know there was a bigger thing happening in world with a pandemic - but fuck me how unlucky are we - to finally be there and then wallop an unprecedented and likely never to be seen again in our lifetmes event hits.

It left a real mark on me and i know others feel same.

Yes there are bigger and more important things, but it just felt and still does feel sore.

• Upvote 5

38 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

The list goes on.

This is basically me, the game is poison now. 

41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I actually thought out of them all (apart from Thiago) we could have done with Jota out of the 3 forwards out ore today. We needed someone inside their defence harassing them. Bobby played too deep at times when today we needed him as a 9. 

Jones though. I hate giving our players down the banks too much but he's far too casual. He's gone backwards, I know injuries haven't helped but training and playing with those around him should have brought him on by now. 

Elliot again very good today I thought. Mo stunk the place out. 

I thought considering that's the first game Jones has started in about 6 months he did pretty well. He got on the ball, moved it quickly, normally found a Liverpool player. He slipped through a few tight situations too with quick feet. He didn't create anywhere near enough, but as a first game back, I thought he was ok. 

• Upvote 3

A couple of weeks ago we had a front line with pace and energy. Diaz, Jota and Nunez and Salah. 

3 in their early to mid 20's. That would have destroyed their backline today. Even with just Nunez we probably win comfortably. Look what bringing Alisson up did, imagine Darwin in there, how many even better chances would they have got and that is just from set pieces.

We cannot keep trying to perform with 1 hand tied behind our back. 

Relentless injuries and the resulting constant changes have paralysed us this season. That world cup shite in Qatar has somehow (and i can't believe i am saying this) become a blessing for us, it can’t come soon enough.

I think we have only put out the same midfield in back to back games in league this season once. Defence won't be much more settled either as we have seen Matip and Konate injured and TAA and Robertson injured.

Front line currently has 3 out.

We look as disjointed and devoid of cohesion and rhythm as frankly a team that changes (and often quite a lot at that) game to game would be expected to.

It is a fucking mess.

Roll on the break (can't believe saying this) and hopefully players back to fitness during it and then the start of the really necessary rebuild in Jan.

• Upvote 1