You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kurt Zouma The cat kicker

dockers_strike

Should Zouma be suspended?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zouma be suspended from football for kicking his cat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?

21 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

20 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Fucking hell.

But he "didn't realise he was crossing the line". Splendid stuff. Prime Ministerial.

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Good post, totally agree with most of it. I think we all live with the guilty knowledge that our western lifestyle is based on animal cruelty, co2 emissions, environmental destruction and human rights abuses in China. I think for most of us who take an interest in the world, there’s a constant white noise of liberal angst so when something like this comes along it’s like a brief respite from the guilt, “I can’t be that bad for eating gassed baby pigs, I got cross about that cat video”. 

The oddest thing about these footballers is that they surround themelves with whistleblowers (of the non-ref kind). So Footballer A does something stupid and Footballer's mate A, B or C promptly starts filming AND uploads it! It's like some updated version of a Laurel and Hardy routine. If only we could redistribute footballers' mates to every corporation and public body, we'd root out malpractice all over the shop!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I find it interesting that there’s a thread on Zouma kicking a cat but fuck all about Raith Rovers and their attempts to sign a convicted rapist. Or about Marc Overmars predatory behaviour as a Director at Ajax.

Yet the Greenwood story was discussed to death.

Maybe it's just dictated by relevancy and familiarity, we talk more about Adam Johnson than we do about Christophe Metzelder. We remember the Marc Vivian Foe's, Christian Eriksen's and Fabrice Muamba's more than we do the Antonio Puerta's and Miklos Feher's.

On top of that you have the issue that seeing things happen are more impactful than being told something has happened, if we were told Zouma had kicked a cat the issue would have been given far less coverage, the fact we saw him do it is more impactful.

On 09/02/2022 at 21:29, Gnasher said:

Squirrels? The video in this tweet is animal cruelty at its worst and it was posted by a fucking doctor.. warning NSFW or kids,

Gets worse for the little fucker,

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/feb/11/rack-of-squirrel-anyone-the-chefs-putting-invasive-species-on-the-menu-aoe

On 12/02/2022 at 08:34, Skidfingers McGonical said:

We all are, on everything, it’s just that loads on here (and in the real world to be fair) don’t like it when you point it out. 

Apparently you’re a contrarian if you do.

Why would you need to point something out that is a fact about everyone? Like repeatedly telling people they’re breathing.

On 12/02/2022 at 10:38, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I find it interesting that there’s a thread on Zouma kicking a cat but fuck all about Raith Rovers and their attempts to sign a convicted rapist. Or about Marc Overmars predatory behaviour as a Director at Ajax.

Start the threads then. That’s all it takes.

”I’m fucking gobsmacked I haven’t started these threads on topics I feel strongly about”

• Upvote 2