You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LinkedIn

Rick Sanchez C-137

• 2 months later...

Some lad I know packed in his job at a finance company where he was one of the partners. 

He's started his own company and is also doing podcasts on business yet all he seems to do is read from a bingo sheet with buzzwords like

Diversity 

Sustainability 

Accessibility 

Growth

Usually with some low level business owner who talks about owning a couple of sunbed shops like they are the  CEO of Golman Sachs. 

He even posted a few photos of him on holiday on his mobile with the title "don't ever feel guilty about not switching off"

• Haha 1

Some lad I know packed in his job at a finance company where he was one of the partners. 

He's started his own company and is also doing podcasts on business yet all he seems to do is read from a bingo sheet with buzzwords like

Diversity 

Sustainability 

Accessibility 

Growth

Usually with some low level business owner who talks about owning a couple of sunbed shops like they are the  CEO of Golman Sachs. 

He even posted a few photos of him on holiday on his mobile with the title "don't ever feel guilty about not switching off"

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Diversity 

Sustainability 

Accessibility 

Growth

Creative

University of life

Never give up

Thinker

• Like 1

LinkedIn has a negative impact on my mental health. I’m sure FB does as well, but I feel it within seconds of accessing LinkedIn. 

My problem is that it is a potential source of work. I’ve got work through it in the past, and would probably get more if I used it more frequently, and using the techniques you’re supposed to.

Even writing about the place makes me anxious. 

• Upvote 2

Having to let go at work is hard. The trick is hiring people you trust who can do it better than you can.

When I started as commercial director back in 2013, I started off managing sales conversations myself.

Such a key part of the process to securing new deals, it was hard to let go of.

But, hiring sales and account managers with key industry networks and knowledge helped me loosen the reins.

The truth is, my job is now helping them to do their job. A strange concept. But an important one when you're growing a team.

Trust your team
Become a facilitator, not a doer
Make the best use of people around you 
Be patient

What else would you add to the list?

Pay better.

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Lead by example unless youre the actual leader. I hope a turn of events bankrupts her and she ends up sucking off drunkards for a fiver but does it with a smile and have a good day attitude.

I dont wish those things on her but still fuck her.

You're a nicer person than me!

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

20230918_074724.jpg

'And when i told them all i was binning them off, with tears in my eyes, one by one they approached me to tell me it wasnt my fault, they knew it was a group decision. Then, from the back of the room, a lone voice started to sing 'You'll never walk alone'. I am so proud of the people first business we have developed here at Hypersocial and if you would like to see how we can leverage online, direct, & mass advertising, web platforms, brand experiences and more to convert business prospects into customers, drop me a DM.'

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Baffles me the way people "tease" personal news on this shit.

"I'll have some big career news to share this week."

Who gives a fuck.

“The rumours were true - I’ve left x company to start at z after 11 successful years” as though people have been talking of nothing else apart from waiting to hear that news 

• Upvote 2