You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit that happens now that didn't happen when you were a kid

Section_31

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

What a vile thing to say. Hate that expression: chosen lifestyle, fuck off. If someone has to lose all their dignity to beg for a tiny bit of change, that's enough evidence I need to think they are genuine. 

No its not a vile thing to say, lose their dignity? I said there's plenty of genuine cases but for the most part it is an acceptable way of living by begging with no shame, another example, good morning sir have a nice day bollocks, they'd rather tell you to fuck off mate if the truth be known. 

No one likes to see people down and out me included, as I've been on the bones myself, but these people have places to go, benefits to claim don't they, it is a lifestyle and  now an acceptable one whether you like that term or not. 

Drugs is a big part of the problem so that's up to the individual and how he chooses to live so I've no sympathy, just like as when a good mate died through the gear some years ago as it was his own doing despite the help offered me and others, at least he never begged on the street. 

Tell me this, how come the problem has exploded over the past ten years, how come it's always people from this country? Why don't you see Indians or Chinese begging? The majority are after drugs and you know it.

Like I said Ive given plenty to various charities and people that seemed genuine so don't tell me to fuck off because you know fuck all. 

I don't wish to argue with anyone on here, though I've read some vile posts but don't react, it's how I see it, the decline in people's behaviour. 

Drugs and dignity don't mix. 

There was a fella on the local news the other day, he  begs around the town, this girl about 8 with her mother and gave him some food, she's been on before, but it's a lovely story, more like stupid people and their own egos, look at my daughter etc, and the beggar puts a smile for the TV camera and says thanks, she wouldn't let her kid anywhere near the arsehole if she knew or seen what we've seen of him.

How come the problems of homelessness and rough sleeping have exploded over the 10 years since the Tories dropped the austerity shitbomb on the whole country?

It's a real head-scratcher. We may never know why that lifestyle choice became fashionable at the time that public services were cut to ribbons.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The contempt you have for people suffering from addiction is... what's the word?.. oh yeah... vile.

Addiction is they're own fault as I've said ive first hand knowledge of having been amongst it, living with it  and who knows I might have became one might of been one but made decisions, I'm not going into details on some some social media site. 

I've all the sympathy for those that have became homeless through being victims of circumstance, again I've been there myself, but no sympathy for the addicts and by the way are making things even more tough for the former mentioned.

There's a fella round here Karl, who knows his past, he knows everyone's names, but of a loon like but OK, he's homeless  you see walking around or sitting on a bench reading a paper commenting on the footy if your walking by. 

Not once has he asked anyone for money, you see him in Subway having something to eat  but I think he's had to move from where he stays, which is the warm air duct from the baths, by the street rats who gather there   its a drop off point too. So no, zero sympathy for those yes vile aggressive cunts. 

I've never seen an Indian on the street here, they'd be fucked off from their society wouldn't they? 

Ive seen more sickening posts on here more than what I've said, you read them and think for fucksake that's bad so if I'm vile I'm certainly not alone. 

I don't wish to fall foul of anyone I don't know but it's of no consequence really as it's not important, perhaps I should stop posting altogether, you decide as it'll save you the ignore option. 

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, easytoslip said:

No its not a vile thing to say, lose their dignity? I said there's plenty of genuine cases but for the most part it is an acceptable way of living by begging with no shame, another example, good morning sir have a nice day bollocks, they'd rather tell you to fuck off mate if the truth be known. 

No one likes to see people down and out me included, as I've been on the bones myself, but these people have places to go, benefits to claim don't they, it is a lifestyle and  now an acceptable one whether you like that term or not. 

Drugs is a big part of the problem so that's up to the individual and how he chooses to live so I've no sympathy, just like as when a good mate died through the gear some years ago as it was his own doing despite the help offered me and others, at least he never begged on the street. 

Tell me this, how come the problem has exploded over the past ten years, how come it's always people from this country? Why don't you see Indians or Chinese begging? The majority are after drugs and you know it.

Like I said Ive given plenty to various charities and people that seemed genuine so don't tell me to fuck off because you know fuck all. 

I don't wish to argue with anyone on here, though I've read some vile posts but don't react, it's how I see it, the decline in people's behaviour. 

Drugs and dignity don't mix. 

There was a fella on the local news the other day, he  begs around the town, this girl about 8 with her mother and gave him some food, she's been on before, but it's a lovely story, more like stupid people and their own egos, look at my daughter etc, and the beggar puts a smile for the TV camera and says thanks, she wouldn't let her kid anywhere near the arsehole if she knew or seen what we've seen of him.

It's such a tory thing to say, choose this lifestyle. It's one step short of dressing up in a tux and burning £50 in front of a homeless person. 

Who are you to say what is genuine? Presumably you mean someone who doesn't take drugs? Do drug addicts deserve no respect, or a second of thought? Perhaps you'd rather they make money another way like burglary? 

Why has it happened over the past 10 years? Aot has already answered this. Fucking Tories. I tell you what it isn't- fashion or lifestyle planning. It's people being on their arse with no options, it might be due to poor choices it might be due to desperation and trying to escape. Either way, treating these people like shit on your shoe isn't a good look. 

Why no Chinese or Indian beggers? Perhaps those communities take care of those struggling the most instead of this every man for himself shithouse society where giving a fuck about the poor as seen as some weakness. 

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, Remmie said:

It's such a tory thing to say, choose this lifestyle. It's one step short of dressing up in a tux and burning £50 in front of a homeless person. 

Who are you to say what is genuine? Presumably you mean someone who doesn't take drugs? Do drug addicts deserve no respect, or a second of thought? Perhaps you'd rather they make money another way like burglary? 

Why has it happened over the past 10 years? Aot has already answered this. Fucking Tories. I tell you what it isn't- fashion or lifestyle planning. It's people being on their arse with no options, it might be due to poor choices it might be due to desperation and trying to escape. Either way, treating these people like shit on your shoe isn't a good look. 

Why no Chinese or Indian beggers? Perhaps those communities take care of those struggling the most instead of this every man for himself shithouse society where giving a fuck about the poor as seen as some weakness. 

'There but for the grace of God go you or I.'

There are obvious down-and-outs, true homeless and addicts, and there are also begging professionals.  And no, I didn't read it in the mail. I have seen plenty of betters with flagship phones, huge rolls of notes being tucked into their pockets etc. I am making absolutely no clams as to how many are from which category. I don't know. I do know that it is a big problem. Fake beggers eroding confidence in the people who are begging because they really need help.

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Other than Thatcherite parody - and pretty much every democratic government in practice - I don't think giving a fuck about the poor as seen as some weakness.  Au contraire, it's seen as a clarion call.  A vote catcher.  Albeit, a falsity.

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I think they do take care of their own   the ones I know do

. I don't treat homeless like shit on my shoe, as once again I know what it's like, but addiction is up to you, and burgle they will, plus they don't think much of you.

The every man for himself is one of the many sad facts of life, I would take it that you and your family come first? 

1 minute ago, skaro said:

Other than Thatcherite parody - and pretty much every democratic government in practice - I don't think giving a fuck a about the poor as seen as some weakness.  Au contraire, it's seen as a clarion call.  A vote catcher.

Yes,unfortunately. It ties in nicely with Brexit and the ugly face of racism raising its head once again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

There are obvious down-and-outs, true homeless and addicts, and there are also begging professionals.  And no, I didn't read it in the mail. I have seen plenty of betters with flagship phones, huge rolls of notes being tucked into their pockets etc. I am making absolutely no clams as to how many are from which category. I don't know. I do know that it is a big problem. Fake beggers eroding confidence in the people who are begging because they really need help.

This is true, how can you help those in need most when the phoney beggars arrive somewhere that's not their home town for a bit of graft before jumping the train home. 

Kids with mental health problems. I can't remember much of that when I was a kid, maybe it was suppressed I don't know, but I bet no more than one in a thousands kids was on some kind of meds back then, these days I reckon it's probably around one in 10, maybe less.  

Just now, Section_31 said:

Kids with mental health problems. I can't remember much of that when I was a kid, maybe it was suppressed I don't know, but I bet no more than one in a thousands kids was on some kind of meds back then, these days I reckon it's probably around one in 10, maybe less.  

Social media wont be on the right side of history, in 10 years time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not all homeless people are homeless out of choice. Some are genuinely in a shit state with nowhere to turn. 

Of course some have fell on hard times, as I've said through no fault of there own, and they need all the help they can get, and it's available. 

4 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Then I'm genuinely dumbfounded as to how you can be so reductive about it

Maybe the anger hasn't left me of what I seen when the smack kicked in, coming back seeing mates having nothing to do with other mates. A lad who was a good friend teasing others I knew when he was dealing, deciding if he should lay some on, that's vile. Getting one a job with me, come on I'll carry you, to save him from going down. Bringing another down here to help, I was in a shitty shared house myself, he led his mum to an early death through worry, if I could show you the letter I wrote to his Dad trying to explain things that he couldn't understand. 

I've had ago myself like many others but I had my priorities right like family and work. 

Maybe there's things lurking that I can't nor won't forget sadly, a twat of a cross to bear sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Maybe the anger hasn't left me of what I seen when the smack kicked in, coming back seeing mates having nothing to do with other mates. A lad who was a good friend teasing others I knew when he was dealing, deciding if he should lay some on, that's vile. Getting one a job with me, come on I'll carry you, to save him from going down. Bringing another down here to help, I was in a shitty shared house myself, he led his mum to an early death through worry, if I could show you the letter I wrote to his Dad trying to explain things that he couldn't understand. 

I've had ago myself like many others but I had my priorities right like family and work. 

Maybe there's things lurking that I can't nor won't forget sadly, a twat of a cross to bear sometimes. 

So you watched people destroy themselves and their loved ones and conclude all they needed was to have their priorities right, like you? And you genuinely don't see how that's an over simplification?