You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, mars said:

Really hope there isn't a trend here

Here's the question. Are they being admitted for it or with it. So for instance, my daughter's mates bro is in with appendicitis right now. They discovered he had covid when they tested him when he arrived. Omicron is everywhere and it seems kids have probably always been catching all types of covid and never knowing. Cases are as high as ever across all age groups, so 88 kids in hospital for other things who might also have covid doesn't really seem to be a stretch to me. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Here's the question. Are they being admitted for it or with it. So for instance, my daughter's mates bro is in with appendicitis right now. They discovered he had covid when they tested him when he arrived. Omicron is everywhere and it seems kids have probably always been catching all types of covid and never knowing. Cases are as high as ever across all age groups, so 88 kids in hospital for other things who might also have covid doesn't really seem to be a stretch to me. 

Sadly I can't find the answer to your good question - looks like there is no differentiation between admitted because of covid and admitted for something else but has (or catches) covid. Seems daft not to publish the numbers for those who are ill because of covid.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do 88 kids normally go into hospital in 24 hours?

It doesn’t effect kids apparently and some other guff about winter and crayon degrees etc. 

This needs to fuck off now. I honestly think the planet is done with us 

33 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Nytol and a glass of milk anyone? Pfizer and Merck won't like this :

They may like the linked article though, the following paragraph in particular

"While the findings are encouraging, Ostrov cautions against self-medicating with either diphenhydramine or lactoferrin as a COVID-19 prevention or treatment. The type of lactoferrin used in the research differs slightly from the type that is commonly available to consumers, he noted. Lactoferrin is commonly used as a supplement to treat stomach and intestinal ulcers, among other uses."

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My sister and her fella both tested positive. Great timing for them. 

My sister’s pregnant, early doors, so hoping it doesn’t affect that in any way. 

Fingers crossed for your Sister and her fella mate.

My youngest Grandson, 2, had a positive LFT this morning, so they did another to check which was also positive.

He has Downs Syndrome, so is at risk, but he had it a while back and sailed right through it, so here's hoping.

Everyone else in their household was negative.

This cunting virus has fucked Christmas again.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Is this the form of preventive medication you would use if testing positive?

Have you had Covid?

I've not had covid but yeah I'd try it I think if I get it and already have some nytol. I wouldn't use it alone though, have also got aspirin, NAC, quercetin, zinc, vitamin d, and montmorency cherry extract (helps with melatonin production.) I'd also use turmeric (with black pepper to help circumin absorption), ginger and garlic when eating.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I've not had covid but yeah I'd try it I think if I get it and already have some nytol. I wouldn't use it alone though, have also got aspirin, NAC, quercetin, zinc, vitamin d, and montmorency cherry extract (helps with melatonin production.) I'd also use turmeric (with black pepper to help circumin absorption), ginger and garlic when eating.

Anything else? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The majority of those are all natural and would be considered preventative. Are you using those now?

26 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Fingers crossed for your Sister and her fella mate.

My youngest Grandson, 2, had a positive LFT this morning, so they did another to check which was also positive.

He has Downs Syndrome, so is at risk, but he had it a while back and sailed right through it, so here's hoping.

Everyone else in their household was negative.

This cunting virus has fucked Christmas again.

Nice one, mate. Fingers crossed for your grandson too. Anecdotally isn’t it supposed to be even milder if you get it a second time? 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anything else? 

Jaffa Cakes. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Nice one, mate. Fingers crossed for your grandson too. Anecdotally isn’t it supposed to be even milder if you get it a second time? 

Jaffa Cakes. 

Hope so. 

Wife's sister has just rang as well, she's been admitted to hospital with Pneumonia which is worrying as she's been fighting lung and breast cancer.

She's just waiting for the results of the PCR.

Fucking shit this Christmas. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anything else? 

Vitamin C and plenty of veg.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The majority of those are all natural and would be considered preventative. Are you using those now?

Vitamin d and zinc fairly regularly, quercetin (sometimes in rutin form) every so often. Garlic, turmeric and ginger go in food sometimes too.

They do release the data on ‘with’ and ‘of’ Covid for hospitalisations. 

There are different reports released here

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

And I think this is the one related to people being primarily treated for covid 

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/12/Primary-Diagnosis-Supplement-20211223.xlsx

It’s easier to just look at one of the threads though by the people who have gone through all the data. More tweets if you click the thread. 

Worth following her on Twitter as well. She’s the epidemiologist who is the data lead for the UKHSA. Big thread so worth reading it all but has some interesting points such as reinfections not being counted in the daily numbers which wasn’t a big deal for Delta but looks to be missing a lot for Omicron. And things I see mentioned like how is it doubling every 2-3 days if the cases aren’t.