You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, I think Lib Dem was about 40 for me. Social policies I guess.

Was around the same on that too, I think they should add a "Swinson effect" that acts like a negative status effect on an rpg game, giving any final score for someone on the left a -20 on the Lib Dem score once it's done. Then maybe add 1 or 2 more minus points for every Tory and Labour defector.

That Hancock clip is awesome, think someone on twitter responding said it looked like something out of the office as well. Keep watching it every so often for the response when he says "the antisemitic..." Could be the same response you'd get from half of the country at this stage, loads of people will be sick of it now.

And they just keep going on about it and making out like it's Corbyn which then winds even more people up. They overdid it months ago.

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Was almost the same, 65 Green, 62 Labour I think. The only odd thing was that Lib Dems weren't a huge amount behind, but I suppose that's more to do with their ideas/policies in general, and without factoring some of their current members and the bullshit coalition they were in not so long back.

Haha, yeah, imagine a survey only factoring in the facts and ignoring bollocks.

65 LD, 57 Green, 40 Lab, -26 Con, -53 Brx, BTW.

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Looks like the Lib Dem ditching of their revoke Article 50 policy has caused a decent sized switch back to Labour. 

Have I missed this? Swinson last night was adamant that remaining is their top priority? Of-course what they say and what they do are completely different like but.... 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Bit like your bollocks about planting trees then casually ignoring when being proven wrong (as per usual) ? Yeah that. Hope you had a good birthday (nah genuinely I do like) but its not your birthday anymore you steamer. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have I missed this? Swinson last night was adamant that remaining is their top priority? Of-course what they say and what they do are completely different like but.... 

Our policy hasn't changed. And these polls are bobbins. Other than that, 100% accurate.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Remain/revoke is their deluded policy. In the event that Fake News Swinson were to be elected as PM. Their real life policy is for a second referendum with a choice between remain and Johnson's deal. But, with them polling at about 10% now, they're fairly irrelevant. 

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think you should look at it like an RPG. Swinno has given your party several debuffs and it's causing them to lose voters rapidly as time passes. Seriously though I just hope voters be more tactical. If Labour can't win and it's a total fact then support Lib Dems in some seats, if Labour are clearly the only contenders Lib Dem voters should vote for Labour. If enough people vote tactically the Tories aren't forming a government and Boris and his mates can fuck off.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Remain/revoke is their deluded policy. In the event that Fake News Swinson were to be elected as PM. Their real life policy is for a second referendum with a choice between remain and Johnson's deal. But, with them polling at about 10% now, they're fairly irrelevant. 

They will go into coalition with the axis of evil and start killing people again. Its not about remain its about culling squirrels and the poor. 

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think you should look at it like an RPG. Swinno has given your party several debuffs and it's causing them to lose voters rapidly as time passes. Seriously though I just hope voters be more tactical. If Labour can't win and it's a total fact then support Lib Dems in some seats, if Labour are clearly the only contenders Lib Dem voters should vote for Labour. If enough people vote tactically the Tories aren't forming a government and Boris and his mates can fuck off.

Ostensibly, I’d agree. But the reality is that if the Lib Dem’s want people to do that they’re going to have to reassure people that they’re not going to throw in with Johnson, which at the moment they’re not.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ostensibly, I’d agree. But the reality is that if the Lib Dem’s want people to do that they’re going to have to reassure people that they’re not going to throw in with Johnson, which at the moment they’re not.

Yeah the main thing would be Labour voters only doing it in a few seats where it's clearly looking impossible for them to get anywhere and Lib Dems are doing well. Lib Dem voters would have to help more to stop close races being handed to the Tories I suppose. That might be why they're losing a lot of support too, doesn't look like Swinson can be trusted not to support Tories.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Guardian will be upset at Jezza doing well and should be glad to roll out a bullshit Opinium/Observer poll shortly showing Boris still comfortably winning. It was only last week that they had their "Conservatives open up 19-point lead" effort. They can fuck off in advance.

They have a 15% gap. Tories 46%, Labour 31%. Nobody else has anything like that, only poll that passed that (apart from their own last week) was an Ipsos Mori one from the 19th that had it at 16%.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

They do, but the overall trends are usually right. That’s 3 or 4 polls now that show Labour’s support is growing.

I expect that right up until Election Day and even then a bit of a bump. I still think it’ll be a case that the Tories will be the biggest party. I’m just hoping Labour have enough to try to get a coalition of some kind.