You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

On 02/03/2023 at 09:55, johnsusername said:

I think he's a gifted player. Doesn't fit Klopp's 4-4-3 though. Neither a midfielder nor a forward. Bit like Carvalho.

Who's buying them? 

You are Todd Boehley and I claim my £5

56 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Very good today. I still have doubts about him long term because he doesn't seem to be easy to define. Mould him into a Silva type player and we're laughing. 

He’s certainly young enough to evolve his game. Fantastic in the home win against Man City too.

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Very good today. I still have doubts about him long term because he doesn't seem to be easy to define. Mould him into a Silva type player and we're laughing. 

Good post Zonkers. He's definitely got something about him that could be nurtured into something excellent 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've a mate who's a Fulham fan and we were chatting about Elliot earlier this season (and carvalho too). I was saying to him, he's pretty small and it works against him, but he needs to look at the headache Bernardo Silva (I assume you meant that one) can make of himself and take that attitude into games. I think Fulham clearly don't do much work without the ball with their attacking kids. But Elliot has always tried to fight, but never quite knew where to put his effort. If he can get that right, he's got every chance of making a name for himself here. Today he's played a part in one of the best results we've ever had. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Look at bernardo silva and modric not exactly physical specimen's, also xavi and iniesta both short arses.   

Tremendous levels of technique, intelligence, work-rate and self belief in those four.  

A lot comes with age. 

AXavi was 24/25 when his game clicked. 

Iniests was 23/24. 

Silva was 22/23 when the big clubs noticed him. 

Modric was 23 when moving to the PL, and 27 when he got the Madrid move. 

Elliott is comparatively a baby, but I'm also not making assumptions about his ceiling at this point either.  If he keeps putting the hard work in then he will get better in a few years.  

• Upvote 2

Harvey [Elliott] played a top game the other night against Wolves and had the highest counter‑pressing number of any player in the Premier League.

Klopp said this yesterday, is he referring to the entire season with that comment?

4 hours ago, No7 said:

Harvey [Elliott] played a top game the other night against Wolves and had the highest counter‑pressing number of any player in the Premier League.

Klopp said this yesterday, is he referring to the entire season with that comment?

If he presses like a demon from now, if that's the plan, then he's potentially a £50m player. To be great at pressing in the midfield 3 is a virtue in itself, but to have the added ability to use the ball and start an attack once you've won it back high up the pitch?  That's two amazing traits to put together in one midfielder, and that's seemingly Klopp's plan for him.  I mean, he's 19 and he's starting in midfield against United in a sort of must-win game. He starts ahead of Bajcetic and Milner, he's doing something impressive in training.  

1 minute ago, A Red said:

I think he is improving but I still have big doubts about him. I wouldn't have played him yesterday and he proved me wrong. Long term I don't see him holding a regular place down.

He's decent on the ball and can move it well. His issue is without the ball and he's looked a little better in the last couple of games. Perhaps we've been working on that with him while he's out of the team. That's why he's such a difficult lad to pick, he's young so will be up and down anyway and he's still learning large parts of his/the game. It could be years before he nails down a place and show the right level of consistency, he could be on the start of that run right now. It's almost impossible to tell at 19. 

• Upvote 1

Talent gets you only so far. 

Talent gets you noticed and a few games at Fulham. 

The higher level is about more than talent, its application as well.  

I think the penny may have dropped for him at age 19, and he's had a great example to follow in Bajcetic, and a bad one to follow in Jones, and he's noticed which one is the more successful. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Talent gets you only so far. 

Talent gets you noticed and a few games at Fulham. 

The higher level is about more than talent, its application as well.  

I think the penny may have dropped for him at age 19, and he's had a great example to follow in Bajcetic, and a bad one to follow in Jones, and he's noticed which one is the more successful. 

You're making Elliot sound like the junior player to Bajcetic here which is very strange. Elliot has 57 appearances already for us and has played a part in every game this season. Bajcetic has 10 appearance's total for us (6 of them with less than 20 minutes in the game). Yes Bajcetic has played very well and looks a great fit but thats a poor comparison. 

2 hours ago, Salou said:

You're making Elliot sound like the junior player to Bajcetic here which is very strange. Elliot has 57 appearances already for us and has played a part in every game this season. Bajcetic has 10 appearance's total for us (6 of them with less than 20 minutes in the game). Yes Bajcetic has played very well and looks a great fit but thats a poor comparison. 

I think it's pertinent. Bajcetic has made more of an impact in his 10 games than Elliott had done in his 55 upto last week. 

Before you get annoyed, remember that this is only about Elliott the midfielder, not Elliott the wide attacker.  

In my opinion. 

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think it's pertinent. Bajcetic has made more of an impact in his 10 games than Elliott had done in his 55 upto last week. 

Before you get annoyed, remember that this is only about Elliott the midfielder, not Elliott the wide attacker.  

In my opinion. 

Elliott was keeping Thiago out of the side at the start of last season. Thiago and Hendo were essentially sharing one spot as Fab and Elliott had the other 2 locked down.

• Upvote 2