You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

He's no defined role or position. There's nowhere in the team I'd say he has to be a starter there and there's nowhere I look and think that's the position where his future lies with us. So far he's a solid sub he comes on with energy, recycles the ball well but I think he's guilty of rushing play and jeopardising possession sometimes at times when we really need to be keeping possesion. I dont like him and Salah in that corner like some shit Timon and Pumbaa act.

He's 20 there's tonnes of time for all this shit to be worked out if it does. For now he's a solid squad option but not a prem starter for me.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, an tha said:

Deffo more effective from bench than as a starter at present.

A lot of talent in there IMO - just not sure if he'll be able to nail down a position in our team - we'll find out in next couple of years i suppose.

It doesn't have to happen today. And in the modern game with 5 subs, I think it's alright to be a finisher as opposed a starter. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It doesn't have to happen today. And in the modern game with 5 subs, I think it's alright to be a finisher as opposed a starter. 

I don't have a problem with that - but in a couple of years if he is still in same spot then its a question that needs to be asked IMO.

55 minutes ago, an tha said:

I don't have a problem with that - but in a couple of years if he is still in same spot then its a question that needs to be asked IMO.

For him maybe. But if he can come on and influence games from the bench, I'm good with that. First off the bench but maybe others are more suited to starting is fine, providing he can work with that and he's not expecting to be paid like a superstar. Having the skill to be a supersub is as valuable as any skill. 

I'm not Elliott's biggest fan by any stretch. I'm fearful each time he starts a game. But he's been our best sub consistently all season. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, M_B said:

He did ok. I think people forget he's only 20, which is credit to him.

Agree. It was a decent performance. Put in the required work but didnt do too much in the final third. One really good cross that could’ve brought a goal.

Decent squad player at the moment, and as you say only 20, which means he could well take further steps and be a top player. It took Jones a few years, he’s a key player for us now.

Got worse the longer the game went on after a bright start. Doesn't seem to have the stamina for regular 90 minute games and is really one footed. A decent squad player if he's prepared to stick it out but I dont see him being a regular based on what we've seen so far.

Don't want to be too harsh on the young lad but he looks like a championship player playing in the premier League.

Said it multiple times on here, if you're that small you've either got to be really quick or a great passer. He's neither. Takes the safe option out of fear and he lacks awareness. He also can't tackle or intercept. We could easily upgrade on him even if he is a squad player

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree. It was a decent performance. Put in the required work but didnt do too much in the final third. One really good cross that could’ve brought a goal.

Decent squad player at the moment, and as you say only 20, which means he could well take further steps and be a top player. It took Jones a few years, he’s a key player for us now.

That's the thing, not every youngster has to be the next Owen or Gerrard etc. Nothing wrong with some being squad players that can contribute over years to come, ones who don't quite make it can be sold to recoup £££ for the first team transfer budget.