You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs vs Liverpool, Sat 15, 12:30

Lee909

10 minutes ago, moof said:

Klopp is actually a genius. He’s turned our most glaring weakness into our greatest strength. Genuinely can’t wait for Tuesday 

I think nearly everybody is delighted with the job Klopp is doing, he brings genuine hope, but I’d hang back on the genius shouts just yet, if he brings in the shiny, silvery things then I’ll be all in.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think nearly everybody is delighted with the job Klopp is doing, he brings genuine hope, but I’d hang back on the genius shouts just yet, if he brings in the shiny, silvery things then I’ll be all in.

You can hang back, mate. I’m happy to shoot my load nice and early 

• Upvote 1

Very lucky to get away with that today. Definite pen at the end.

We seem to be running out of steam late on again, losing concentration. It'll cost us sooner rather than later.

Chelsea and City the best two teams in this league from what I've seen. Chelsea are the surprise for me, they were shite in the community shield.

• Downvote 2

Klopp better have a damn good reason for the omission of Shaqiri and Fabinho so far.  We’re obviously going to need them, I just hope they’re on board with how how he’s using them so far.

keita looks like he needs some stability in his role, it’s like he sometimes get license to roam and sometimes he’s chained to the sink, which doesn’t suit him.

The back four is marvellous though.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Don Balon said:

Klopp better have a damn good reason for the omission of Shaqiri and Fabinho so far.  We’re obviously going to need them, I just hope they’re on board with how how he’s using them so far.

keita looks like he needs some stability in his role, it’s like he sometimes get license to roam and sometimes he’s chained to the sink, which doesn’t suit him.

The back four is marvellous though.  

Welcome to the forum, Don. It’s truly an honour to have you here. 

• Upvote 3

Wij was absolutely imperious, the number 6 role has absolutely revitalised the lad. Was always a big fan but he’s just been immaculate this season. Milner alongside him, what can you say? The man who’s youd want to go into the trenches with, his pressing, tacking amount of times he wins it high up the pitch. VVD and Robbo two of the best signings club have made in my lifetime, genuinely can’t believe the effect the two have had on our fortunes. 

All this is said with our highly vaunted front 3 have yet to click, Firmino was boss I thought but Mane and Salah were playing so selfishly and consistently making the wrong decision. Yet, the were brilliant at stretching Tottenham and causing havoc, on another day that could have been 5-0. We’ve also got to intergrate, Shaqiri, Fabinho and the return of Oxlade Chamberlain. Players like Henderson, Clyne, Lallana, Sturridge and Origi in reserve. We’re a serious fucking side and we’re gonna click against these nouveau rich Parisian fuckers on Tuesday.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but VVD's 20+ yard dinked pass with his head out to an overlapping TAA was beautiful. 

My moment of the match, just beating Milner trying to take out 2 or 3 Spurs players by whacking the ball at them in a one kick human version of pinball. 

Yep. Amazing. That’s the header I was referring to in my piece. 

• Upvote 1

A shame about the last couple of minutes because otherwise we absolutely bossed that.

I thought Mo was really off the pace in the first half, but second half he looked like he was almost back, which hopefully means he’ll kick on from here.

A couple of bad decisions from both Mane and Salah, and poor finishing from Keita (who still hasn’t found his feet) stopped us from being out of sight.

I thought Firmino was the best player on the pitch by a mile, even though VVD, Milner, Gini and Andy Robbo were all really good.

Great result and a promising performance.

10 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

We seem to be running out of steam late on again, losing concentration. It'll cost us sooner rather than later.

Chelsea and City the best two teams in this league from what I've seen. Chelsea are the surprise for me, they were shite in the community shield.

Chelsea had it piss easy so far, probably played the three relegation clubs. 

Arsenal at home is not a test

Only noticed this morning on match of the day how annoyed Salah was with mane in the first half when he went through a couple times. 

There was no way Mane could get the ball to him as he had 2/3 men all around him but Salah was flapping his arms around like an angry toddler. Was a bit like Suarez getting angry with Sturridge in 13-14.

Hope klopp has a word, he needs to just start enjoying it again 

"James Milner made more tackles than anyone else and prowled the midfield with a snarl, snapping after the ball like a pair of ragged claws across the turf. Virgil van Dijk did not seem to do very much, but still gave the impression of being the game’s designated grown-up."

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Wij was absolutely imperious, the number 6 role has absolutely revitalised the lad.

Could not agree more. Can't recall the lad ever having a better run of games.

Henderson will surely have a hell of a time regaining that position now; Gini has also shown (at least to my eyes) that he manages the game far better than Hendo at that 6 position, showing far more offensively than the captain ever has, he also seems much more astute when it comes to judging when to sprint vs when to sit and hold.

Very impressed.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Overall I would say we weren't lucky or unlucky. We should have scored more. The reason we didn't score more wasn't down to bad luck. It was down to poor decision making in terms of timing a final pass and also shot selection. That will right itself though. Confidence (and some coaching from Kloppo) will rectify that.

City are the best team in the league. We have an arduous task to haul back a 26 point difference (or whatever it was from the end of last season). I'm happy watching us at the moment. Heavy metal footy - I kinda know what this means now.

We need to start finishing teams off. It's not usually something we have an issue with but on another day that late penalty gets given and we've had our pockets picked. To not win that game would have been tantamount to highway robbery.

Apart from not taking our chances and that chaotic last two minutes, that was largely a very good performance. Whilst it was an off day from Spurs, that's not our problem. Very few teams will go there and exercise as much control as we did over them. This is a massive win, not just in terms of keeping our strong start going but in terms of sending messages which we have already started to do. We're no longer the soft pushovers we have been for the last two decades, we're here to win football matches and we will not give you (many) soft arse chances.

The front three haven't clicked yet but when they do, someone is going to get a chasing. We are solid at the back, the goalkeeper exudes a much needed calmness about him and the midfield are exercising almost complete control in 95% of the matches in which they play. We are in a good place at the moment. Staying there for as long as possible is the key.