You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs vs Liverpool, Sat 15, 12:30

Lee909

11 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Klopp needs to get into Mane and Salah.  Never mind the fact it’s going to effect a result sooner or later.  They will both actually score less goals by it passing to each other.

it looks like there’s an issue there for me.  I don’t know why Klopp was looking so shocked.  As a fan watching the games you can see it’s been coming.

Agreed. Their finishing and decision-making were abhorrent today. Thankfully our solidity at the back and pressing made that somewhat moot.  

Should have been 0-4.

Gave them some possession in the first half, but no chances.

Knocked them completely off their game with the first goal, controlled the match for the next 40 minutes, then let them back in at the end.

Have to be more clinical on the break/fininshing chances though. 

BTW: Is Harry Kane now wearing a boot actually made of gold? Another woeful performance.

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Don't mind our forwards being selfish and no one will when they're scoring again either.  I don't recall too many people saying selfish when Salah decided to dribble through six or seven players and bury one last season, including against Spurs.

It'll come good again.

Spot on.

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Don't mind our forwards being selfish and no one will when they're scoring again either.  I don't recall too many people saying selfish when Salah decided to dribble through six or seven players and bury one last season, including against Spurs.

It'll come good again.

The mad bit was when Sturridge passed when he was in a good shooting position. 

1 minute ago, Elite said:

The forced Firmino change wasn't helpful to us, I doubt we'd have conceded had he stayed on, Sturridge is useful to rest legs when you're coasting but in games like this he's a lazy cunt.

Shouldn't be playing.  He's done as a professional footballer and we've Shaqiri needing games.

Delighted with that, we played well but there's a lot more to come. Our front three are just not clicking at the moment, it happens early season. I'd be far more concerned if it was January. I'd also be a lot more worried if we had Harry Kane up front, has he had a purple patch and has now reverted to the average clogger we suspected he was?

Can't complain 

5 games

5 wins

11 goals

2 conceded 

Front three haven't got going really yet but still dangeroys. 

Gini/Milner playing out of his skin

CB pairing looks superb. 

Not really seen a team at full throttle after this world cup. Seems to have takens its toll with everyone. Big month coming up but if we can get through this and pick up some good points we will have had a great start

See, watching that game I didn’t get any impression that there’s anything wrong with the front 3. They were great, right up until the finishing part (which is the hardest thing in football). It will click soon enough, they’re looking sharper and sharper every game. Salah and Mane were both superb imo

• Upvote 1