You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - 3pm, Sat 16/09/17 - Just get the job done.

Trumo

Well, Klopp said he is happy with the players he has. He failed to strengthen the squad with the opportunities he's had. Let's see if he's happy with the results now. I think he is limited manager.

I'll have a bit of that.

Klopp isn't going to turn this around into anything resembling a title-winning team. Not this year, not next year, never.

Coutinho and Can going through the motions for the next 12 months.

Sturridge knowing his race is run.

Henderson can't run.

Mane next one to agitate away.

Our 3 CBs cost a combined £20m, and yet he spends £40m on a winger who wants to play CM, and still doesn't pick him.

Solanke the last throw of the dice at home to Burnley.

Look at the state of us, and our 'brave' manager says it all ok. Fucking shill.

The problem is the owners. If Klopp walked (and I 100% don't think he should) they'd replace him with someone almost certainly inferior and we'd still not be spending decent money or doing good transfer business. So what's the point?

Even if you brought in one of the few managers who are really up there like Ancelotti he'd want to build a spine of a team and almost certainly wouldn't get the money.

We're trying to do top four on the cheap while giving the impression we're not. If we were out in a bar we'd be wearing a suit by Boss orange - bought from the catalogue.

I don't think Klopp would just sit there and accept it if he was being hamstrung by the owners. And after buying Keita and Ox for such large sums of money does it really make sense to refuse to spend less on a defender?

First two criticisms are fair-ish. Signed a load of shite? Are you kidding me? After what our previous 3 managers put us through? We're still suffering from them signing players nowhere near good enough. 

We absolutely do control football matches in the midfield. That is just a lie. Our build up play is some of the best in the league, we simply lack the finishers and are also going through an exceptionally bad run of luck at the moment with ref decisions and oppositions finishing from few chances. 

Won't argue the defence is bad but he is trying to fix it or he wouldn't have spent 6 months chasing Van Dijk. If you want us to sign interim players, that means we won't be able to afford top quality targets and we'll be in the same position our previous managers left us in.

Refs decisions and the opposition taking their chances?

Well, you said there was too much misery on here.

That's definitely lightened me up.

The problem is the owners. If Klopp walked (and I 100% don't think he should) they'd replace him with someone almost certainly inferior and we'd still not be spending decent money or doing good transfer business. So what's the point?

Even if you brought in one of the few managers who are really up there like Ancelotti he'd want to build a spine of a team and almost certainly wouldn't get the money.

We're trying to do top four on the cheap while giving the impression we're not. If we were out in a bar we'd be wearing a suit by Boss orange - bought from the catalogue.

Fair enough, but why Oxlade and not 2 defenders?

I was OK with Ox signing but that was in the expectation that there would be NO FUCKING WAY he would not fortify at the back.

What makes it worse is, its clear that Ox isn't really pivotal to in his plans.

I'll have a bit of that.

Klopp isn't going to turn this around into anything resembling a title-winning team. Not this year, not next year, never.

Coutinho and Can going through the motions for the next 12 months.

Sturridge knowing his race is run.

Henderson can't run.

Mane next one to agitate away.

Our 3 CBs cost a combined £20m, and yet he spends £40m on a winger who wants to play CM, and still doesn't pick him.

Solanke the last throw of the dice at home to Burnley.

Look at the state of us, and our 'brave' manager says it all ok. Fucking shill.

Fucking hell, Funnneeeee. I knew you would turn on Klopp, but I didn't realise it would be before September was out.

A disappointing if not completely surprising result.

I thought this season would pan out more or less like the last. A bright start, and then fatigue and injuries set in half-way through the season to kill off any ambitions.

It seems our failure to bring in VVD has hit us earlier than I thought it would.

Fair enough, but why Oxlade and not 2 defenders?

I was OK with Ox signing but that was in the expectation that there would be NO FUCKING WAY he would not fortify at the back.

What makes it worse is, its clear that Ox isn't really pivotal to in his plans.

Laying the blame solely at the door of FSG is lazy blinkered nonsense. As you say, Klopp wasted time and resources in the last few days of the transfer window bringing in a non scoring attacking midfielder who has a woeful injury record. Every man and his dog wanted some defenders. Klopp says it wasn't necessary. Just a total farce.

• Upvote 1