You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas Lemar

Oh Buoy

I know it's been mentioned about the unlikely scenario of LFC medical staff travelling to France but Hunter is quite reliable, no?

Liverpool's medical staff are on stand-by to travel to Clairefontaine, where Thomas Lemar is preparing for France’s qualifier. (Andy Hunter)

Or is stand-by the sports medical equivalent of scoutings aggressively monitoring?

I know it's been mentioned about the unlikely scenario of LFC medical staff travelling to France but Hunter is quite reliable, no?

Liverpool's medical staff are on stand-by to travel to Clairefontaine, where Thomas Lemar is preparing for France’s qualifier. (Andy Hunter)

Or is stand-by the sports medical equivalent of scoutings aggressively monitoring?

Preparing to agressively monitor an intent to swoop.

Mohammed Bouhafsi, who is one of the most reliable French journalists, has said that Lemar likes LFC but that Jardim doesn't want to let him go.

That said, if the money is right, Monaco will sell, because that's what they do and Jardim has never really stood in the way of that. 

Think this is going to be very difficult now.

Surely with less than 24 hours before a game, France arent going to be amenable to a player interupting their preparation to have a medical, agree terms and sign a contract?

I can pick them up at the airport and drive them to Clairefontaine.

I don't get all this "his international manager won't be happy" obstacle stuff. As if any manager in that position would block his player from the move he wants. It'd be totally counter-productive.

I don't think it's a case of blocking anything but it's fair for an international manager to set some sort of deadlines regarding medicals, negotiations etc on a match day.

I can pick them up at the airport and drive them to Clairefontaine.

Sorted!

As for comments from others, there's a difference between an international manager being amenable to players arranging transfers etc but less than 24 or 12 hours before a game? Not sure.

I don't think it's a case of blocking anything but it's fair for an international manager to set some sort of deadlines regarding medicals, negotiations etc on a match day.

Exactly this. France kick off tomorrow at 7.45. Im sure deschamps is perfectly happy for lemar (and how many others) to go "Sorry boss, Ive got to miss today's team talk because Ive a medical and transfer to discuss."

Paperwork needs submitting but it can all be subject to medical and personal terms done later.

It as far as I am aware is the agreement between the 2 clubs.

Yeah clubs can submit a 'deal sheet' to the PL after 9pm tomorrow and that gives them until 1 am on Friday to get all the paperwork to the PL. The issue is, is any manager going to let a player get involved in all this a few hours before a game?

What does he do if 3 or 4 players want to sort last minute deals? It could all happen and I hope it does, I just said I think its going to be very difficult now.

Or maybe FIFA shouldn't be gaving fucking international breaks 2 weeks into the season
  • Upvote 1