You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas Lemar

Oh Buoy

BREAKING NEWS

We understand Monaco have rejected two bids from Liverpool for Thomas Lemar.

The latest bid was around £64.8m (€70m) and Monaco want Lemar to stay at the club beyond this summer’s transfer window.

Not seem much of him but according to wikipedia...

Lemar is a versatile midfielder able to play on both wings as well as through the centre and in a free role.[10][11] He is predominantly left footed, but is also competent with his right foot.[11] He is noted for his excellent dribbling skills, strong passing ability and free kicks.[11] He has said he prefers to link-up with team mates, rather than taking on defenders: "I am trying to avoid duels and concentrate on passing and movement as much as possible."[11] He will often attempt to score from long range and scored 14 goals in 55 appearances in the 2016-17 season and had 17 assists.[11][10]

Sounds like a pretty similar sort to Coutinho.

Lemar is a versatile midfielder able to play on both wings as well as through the centre and in a free role.[10][11] He is predominantly left footed, but is also competent with his right foot.[11] He is noted for his excellent dribbling skills, strong passing ability and free kicks.[11] He has said he prefers to link-up with team mates, rather than taking on defenders: "I am trying to avoid duels and concentrate on passing and movement as much as possible."[11] He will often attempt to score from long range and scored 14 goals in 55 appearances in the 2016-17 season and had 17 assists.[11][10]

Here we go... 

He dreams of playing for Barcelona too!

“When I was little I thought about playing in the Champions League one day. I used to love watching that Barcelona midfield of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets, especially Iniesta.

“His movement, his passing, his dribbles. You can really learn from a player like him.”

He dreams of playing for Barcelona too!

“When I was little I thought about playing in the Champions League one day. I used to love watching that Barcelona midfield of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets, especially Iniesta.

“His movement, his passing, his dribbles. You can really learn from a player like him.”

Think keita said the same thing and didnt even mention us.

He's like 8 new signings.

Didn't realise he had a thread.

Posted in the summer transfer thread, repost here.

Liverpool are hoping to land Monaco attacking midfielder Thomas Lemar prior to Thursday’s deadline. (James Pearce)

Liverpool are prepared to increase their offer to around £70m. Divock Origi could be used as a makeweight. (James Pearce)