You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I find it hard to believe Klopp wants him to stay. Surely he doesn't. 

Klopp is super loyal to his players unless they're arseholes.

Remember every press conference during the AFCON when he was asked if we were missing Mane and Salah and he ALWAYS mentioned missing Keita too.

4 hours ago, gkmacca said:

It's all speculative, but I doubt any of us would be seen to be up to such rigours after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, also rupturing the lateral collateral ligament, also damaging the medial ligament whilst tearing the lateral hamstring tendon clean off the bone. All in one incident. That's as bad as it gets, and, even if you recover enough to play after that, the recovery inevitably causes multiple other problems. Ironically, Ox would probably have been treated better if he'd been 'weaker' still and failed to come back at all.

So I guess I just find it a bit sad that some care to treat all of that as if it's some kind of 'meekness' or 'weakness' that is beneath us wonderful ordinary mortals. Whether one wants him at the club or not is another matter, but sometimes being facile about a player for the club who has clearly gone through hell seems a bit too lazy.

While I wish the lad well and hope his post playing career goes well it's handy to remember he's been very well compensated for his misfortune. OC I mean,of course.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Is this the GOT forum? 

This thread is an embarrassment.  Grown men with expressions of 'hate' towards a Liverpool player who clearly has underachieved here.  That happens, grow-up. Our support used to distinguish this club,  reading the cry-arse bitches on here,  demonstrates the fan-base has become as fickle as the rest.  Easy scapegoat; let's all pile in,  don't bother with a thought of your own.  Of course he's underachieved,  so have countless others before him and no-doubt more that follow.  Is this the barometer of LFC support now? Pick a (non-British, of course) scapegoat and leather him.  Convenient excuse making is the Goodison way,  or so I thought... 

Like YNWA means nothing,  embarrassing the club and yourselves.  

Negged.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Klopp is super loyal to his players unless they're arseholes.

Remember every press conference during the AFCON when he was asked if we were missing Mane and Salah and he ALWAYS mentioned missing Keita too.

Yes, I know he is but surely, behind the scenes, he's thinking Keita is a waste of space. I mean, how could he not be? Bizarre to me that he'd get offered a new contract. Ideal scenario would be him leaving this month and being replaced. 

3 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Is this the GOT forum? 

This thread is an embarrassment.  Grown men with expressions of 'hate' towards a Liverpool player who clearly has underachieved here.  That happens, grow-up. Our support used to distinguish this club,  reading the cry-arse bitches on here,  demonstrates the fan-base has become as fickle as the rest.  Easy scapegoat; let's all pile in,  don't bother with a thought of your own.  Of course he's underachieved,  so have countless others before him and no-doubt more that follow.  Is this the barometer of LFC support now? Pick a (non-British, of course) scapegoat and leather him.  Convenient excuse making is the Goodison way,  or so I thought... 

I read this in the voice of Johnny Cochran.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Here we go, it's all on tomorrow. 

Screenshot_2022-08-21-15-27-50-07_4c5c72e6960e18c72de4bbba26588250.jpg

So if he is picked during an injury crisis for 1 game he will sign for 4 more years? Not sure tomorrow night should tell him anything. Unless of course he still doesn't get picked and then we will probably all know that Klopp really isn't that big a fan. 

If Keita only wants to stay if he playes regularly then he is simply not going to get what he wants.

He does not make our 'best 3' and he has not shown enough or proven his reliability enough to be preferred over the kids or even Milner.....and he has nobody else to 'blame' for that than himself/his body.

5 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Is this the GOT forum? 

Have you come on her to be fucked at? YNVA.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Keita is not without ability, he just doesn't perform and always seems miles behind the game, whether it's attitude or something else I don't know, but he's got some balls moaning about it. If you want to play, put a shift in.

How many times can we have the same conversation? 

Anytime we've had this convo about a player it's very seldom turned out good. 

Otherwise this is the road where you'll find the stories of Heggem, Kewell, Aurelio, Agger, Carroll, Aquilani, Degen, Redknapp, Sturridge, among others.  

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

If Keita only wants to stay if he playes regularly then he is simply not going to get what he wants.

He does not make our 'best 3' and he has not shown enough or proven his reliability enough to be preferred over the kids or even Milner.....and he has nobody else to 'blame' for that than himself/his body.

Think he has a bit of a cheek making any requests based on how much the club have backed him inspite of him making Darren Anderton look like Mo Salah in comparison. 

Hate it when players do that. Don't make demands that you have to play (irrespective of how crap you are) be so bloody good that Jürgen can't not pick you