You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Said it before but he always looks baffled. He reminds me of the security guards at the start of Heat just after they've been dragged out of an overturned van.

Even when he scored that worldie last season (against Palace?) he just stood there, looking confused, like he was thinking "did i just do that?". Whereas Mo would have ragged his shirt off, Bobby would have kung fu kicked thin air and Hendo would have ran the full length of the pitch telling nobody in particular to fornicate with themselves.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

In one of his first games he shook a guy on the turn carried forward then launched a peach of a ball with the outside of his foot that hit Salah in full stride for a breakaway chance.

And, that was it.

Yeah, I remember thinking that was a glimpse of the future.

It wasn't.

47 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

His performance away at Salzburg in 2019 was probably the best he’s played. Was unbelievable that night. 

Here's the thing with him. He's normally that crap, injured or ordinary that everyone can pick the very few games he's played well in since he's been here. He's probably had no more good performances for Liverpool than Curtis Jones, who's a kid learning his trade. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

In one of his first games he shook a guy on the turn carried forward then launched a peach of a ball with the outside of his foot that hit Salah in full stride for a breakaway chance.

And, that was it.

Impressive memory of a forgettable highlight.

22 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

He’s absolutely maddening, his fitness record and his propensity for “illness” absolutely fucking wrecks my head. But when he’s fit, I think he fits really well into the side. He can carry the ball well and moves the ball quickly and doesn’t over complicate it, he has an excellent touch and is good in tight spaces, links well with the front players, his pressing is superb, and he has a bit of magic in him, for reference his goal at Newcastle, Atletico, Chelsea 2020 at home, palace last season away at OT last season to break the deadlock. 

It's funny isn't it how we all watch the same games and see/spot different things. For instance in the first season he was here/maybe even the second I recall him being really good away at Leicester when we won 4-0 but since then every time he plays I generally have this feeling he can be maybe ok for 20 mins, fades and we look vulnerable.

Like that game away at Atletico, scored look decent, got done in the build up to one of the goals and his head seemed to go. 

Maybe it's a bit of confirmation bias with him now, I expect him to be crap and so that is what I see and maybe my expectation of him was to high when he first arrived. 

It's arguably a moot point now anyway because he is so brittle - arguably physically and mentally - that I don't see the point of extending his deal. Cheers!

17 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I completely disagree he’s usually crap, I think that’s a completely unfounded claim. He’s had a few shockers but by and large he’s solid and doesn’t look out of place in our side, we’d all far rather him start than Ellliot or Jones on Monday let’s be fair.

I wouldn't. 100% I would have Elliot and Henderson before him on the right side and if Jones was fit, I'd have him before keita on the left.

Having said that I expect him to play on Monday as I think klopp will probably see him as a better choice for the left sided 8 than milner. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wouldn't. 100% I would have Elliot and Henderson before him on the right side and if Jones was fit, I'd have him before keita on the left.

Having said that I expect him to play on Monday as I think klopp will probably see him as a better choice for the left sided 8 than milner. 

He's clearly miles better than all them. We look a far better team with him in the side, more fluid and creative. Without him it's pedestrian, predictable and a bit aimless quite often.

On 19/08/2022 at 17:47, johnsusername said:

I remember being impressed with him in the world club championship tournament, and he seemed to strike up a partnership with Salah. Not sure what happened after that. Probably got injured. 

He played in our next 2 league games - the 4-0 romp at leicester (70 mins) started and then was on bench and came on for 23 mins v Wolves before missing the next 4 league games with a groin strain.

15 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Look at the space right in front of him. Almost every RM player is on his left.....fucking cunt of a shot. 

We were sitting right behind this......it was literally the moment where the 3 of us looked at each other and said 'that is it'.....

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Look at the space right in front of him. Almost every RM player is on his left.....fucking cunt of a shot. 

I wish I didn't watch that again I'm barely over it. This teams shooting is shite, fortunately we've been world class at creating previously so take the Tommy gun approach. 

On 19/08/2022 at 10:00, HBenn said:

I recall Klopp making the comment about Naby when we signed him and compared him directly to Thiago as the two best at the time or words to that effect. Anyway it doesn't really matter cause he hasn't done it here.

Yeah, it's a fair point about Hendo. Now I think about it I am sure someone even said he was feeling his calf during the Fulham game.

What a shame Keita was not like Hendo. He does everything to get on the pitch and I suspect Hendo's not been 100% fit for a few season but simply plays through it. A model pro and one of the reasons he's captain.