You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He looks like he has no idea what he's supposed to be doing. He's not pressing, he's barely been a threat in the attacking third and he's been nowhere defensively. He's just running around aimlessly and losing the ball. 

Based on where he's played so far, I don't know what he's supposed to be in this team. 

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He looks like he has no idea what he's supposed to be doing. He's not pressing, he's barely been a threat in the attacking third and he's been nowhere defensively. He's just running around aimlessly and losing the ball. 

Based on where he's played so far, I don't know what he's supposed to be in this team. 

Stick Gini and Fab behind him and watch him go. Hopefully.

The whole team has been underperforming too be honest, there's been worse culprits than Keita. 

He's still new, and right now isn't the player we should be depending on to change games for us. We need our regulars to be at their best, have us up by a few clear goals and at that point Keita will come out of his shell and become the player we signed. 

We need a period of hammering teams to be able to take away the pressure and performance anxiety of Keita and Fabinho. 

• Upvote 1

Keita has been OK imo for someone given no time to ease himself into the team and with big expectations and even bigger ambitions from the fans. Made some errors but its easy to see there is a good player in there. His injury last night was odd but no way was he downing tools.

People should calm the fuck down and give the lad a fair chance. If were are all stroking our cocks over him by Christmas it wouldn't be a big surprise.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Aventus said:

The whole team has been underperforming too be honest, there's been worse culprits than Keita. 

He's still new, and right now isn't the player we should be depending on to change games for us. We need our regulars to be at their best, have us up by a few clear goals and at that point Keita will come out of his shell and become the player we signed. 

We need a period of hammering teams to be able to take away the pressure and performance anxiety of Keita and Fabinho. 

That’s not true though is it? Milner, Gini, Gomez, Robbo, Alisson, and Van Dijk have not been underperforming.

I don't think it is unfair to say Keita has been disappointing so far.

But so far to be fair isn't very long is it....so lets see.

We need something to happen in midfield as right now as things stand we are probably worse off than last season.

We had Can and Ox and Can has gone and Ox is out for season (so as it stands for purposes of this discussion lets say he isn't in the picture) - effectively Fabinho and Keita in terms of numbers are in for Can and Ox but as of yet are not at it.....then we have the other 3 lads who were here anyway - Milner, Wijnaldum and Hendo.

As and when Fabinho and Keita settle we may be better off but at the moment we are not great at all in there and of course it can be argued quite reasonably that the Coutinho hole remains a problem.

To be fair nobody is saying he’s shite or not willing to give him time.  Every single post that’s been critical of his performances have all mentioned that he’s clearly a good player.  I actually think those 2 midfield roles or 8’s as they are called are definitely the hardest positions to play in this team.  There’s only been Milner really who’s been an unmitigated success there and it comes as no surprise that he’s the only one that played as a winger/wise midfielder for the majority of his career.

The pattern of play that we seem to go for is that the full backs go really high and create the width and it’s these number 8’s who often fill the position the full back would normally be in.  When we don’t have the ball they tend to stay wide and a lot of the time act as the cover with the full back almost like the wingers should but generally our wingers stay.  In other teams the 8’s get a lot of assist and goals but here that’s not the case and it’s because they tend to do all of the leg work in the team.

I think that’s the reason Ox took so long getting a chance.  For whatever reason Klopp has thought that getting Keita on the pitch is the best option for him even when he hasn’t fully learned the role.  I think understanding the role can excuse him from certain things but not others.  As a professional he should just be thinking I’ll go with the runner regardless and he hasn’t been doing it. Last night though was just a complete car crash.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see him completely out of the side for a few weeks now.

He has had some good games and some not so good games. I've seen enough to hope he is fit for Sunday. He is like any other new signing. They rarely hit the ground running. Although I have to be honest, I did think this lad would. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He doesn't seem to be playing with the same freedom he had at RB. Obviously a different style of play under Klopp but I'd like to see him given the freedom to just wreck shit up. I'd risk him in a 10 role and see how he gets on.

He just needs game time.  He's an 8 not a 10.  

I can't believe I've been suckered into this shit hipster speak.