You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - EFL Cup SF, 1st leg, 7:45pm, 11/01/17 - Utah Saints, U-U-U-Utah Saints!

Trumo

Origi wide right, Firmino through the middle and Coutinho on the left for the Mancs. I hope Hendo is fit.

Nah. I'd drop Firmino. I know Sturridge was shit tonight but i'd start him again through the middle. Fuck knows why I would but I reckon he can score against them. Firmino is well out of form and needs a kick up the arse. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I nearly laughed when Dijk skinned him. Thought Clyne was poor overall tonight but was in good company. He is however one of our more consistently good players. 

I nearly laughed when Dijk skinned him. Thought Clyne was poor overall tonight but was in good company. He is however one of our more consistently good players. 

Usher kiss of death to start a thread raving about Clyne and another saying we have no shit players.

Guest Pistonbroke

I think the players are mentally tired more than physically, they had a decent rest but are probably feeling sorry for themselves having played so many games over the busy period. Hopefully Klopp will sort their heads out before Sunday. 

Guest Pistonbroke

How many managers / owners / signings / five year plans. And we're still wank.

Well we haven't been wank for the majority of the season mate, looking a bit ropy at the moment though. 

Well it sets the scene for Sunday,  

Scum on a roll and we're slipping . 

Massive game and these players need to stand up be counted, 

Sturridge shouldn't start. He adds nothing when we don't have the ball and if the Southampton

defense shut him out completely then he will get tied up in knots by Utd,

Hope Henderson is back and if so I would drop Can and keep Lucas,    

Well that was completely shit.  I've contracted pneumonia, some cunt in the pub confused me with my mates dad, Mick reckons that was one of the worst Liverpool performances he's ever seen, and I thought he was overreacting a bit until I reflected on it.  

It was fucking shit.  

The most depressing midfield three ever.  Henderson and Wijnaldum in a two would have had more about them than that.  

Karius MoM by a mile.  

Month to 6 weeks... How long has coutinho been out I wonder...

Ding! We have a winner.

We were lucky to get away with only one goal scored against us, giving us a chance going into the next leg.  And I think we'll win it, we're a completely different side with our first choice XI out.  The problem is we still have a dropoff in talent, especially when it's Coutinho who's the one injured.

Get Coutinho and Matip back and we'll beat the Mancs and confidence will be back.  Take those two out of our side and we are a shadow of the team we were back in October.

good to see Coutinho back, even if he was doing his usual trick of firing the ball into row ZY from 25 yards out when better options were available.  He needs game time to get fit, and 60 minutes against United would be nice.  It's clear that Can and Lucas are not first team players anywhere good, and Wijnaldum continuing to do his emperor's new clothes act is getting quite tedious.  Given the personnel we have available, our midfield should be Henderson and Wijnaldum with Lallana controlling the attack and the press.  Coutinho, Firmino and Origi up front.  If we can get 60 minutes out of that line up on Sunday, we'll win.  

• Upvote 1

Well it sets the scene for Sunday,  

Scum on a roll and we're slipping . 

Massive game and these players need to stand up be counted, 

Sturridge shouldn't start. He adds nothing when we don't have the ball and if the Southampton

defense shut him out completely then he will get tied up in knots by Utd,

Hope Henderson is back and if so I would drop Can and keep Lucas,    

That doesn't even rhyme.