You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

If you go ultra simplistic on it and look at chisora v whyte, whyte v Joshua and then Haye v chisora, it gives a damning verdict. Haye would hammer whyte, as he did chisora.

Haye v Joshua would be huge for me. Haye to take it though. Joshua has to get past klit in what has to be the most staged contest ever. No way would Hearn put Joshua in there with a nearly retired klitschko. I might be wrong, but I reckon he's getting some patsy money and both on rigid fight instructions.

Joshua is like ivan drago mate and there isn't a rocky balboa in sight. He would kill haye

A better Bellew.....not full of water trying to be something isn't it.

Haye is a cruiserweight. He stepped up to heavyweight and failed. His weight now is an age thing. He was a great cruiserweight no doubt about that but Bellew is a world cruiserweight champion. People are remembering the explosive cruiserweight Haye. This isn't a 'heavyweight division' fight as far as I'm concerned. Its two cruiser weights, one who is a bit heavier and older and one who has had to big up for the chance to make a name. I hope Bellew batters the cockney prick everywhere. Then gets some skills in articulating his words.

Haye looked knackered in that last press conference. On his phone, dis-interested, but he genuinely looked like he needs that 10 hours kip he says he has every night. Yeah he probably will land with his only tool (albeit a fucking fight stopper of a tool) but what if he doesn't? How is his head going to deal with it if he can't land? He will have to dig deeper than he has ever before and in a scrap with bellew and then there is only 1 winner between. His best performance in my eyes was when he ended macinarelli however you spell it. He beat valuev yeah but fuck me that was a thunder lips fight.

He got out boxed at heavyweight by the only decent opponent he has fought at a higher weight. Ruiz was shot to bits when they fought. 5 years ago even more that was. Ring stamina, heart, commitment to walk back into a tussle..... has Haye still got that in him? i don't think he has. If he is seeing this as a stepping stone to Joshua then go on, beat Bellew because Joshua would make mince-meat out of Haye. I want Bellew to win just to piss Hearn off because it kills his biggest payday yet. Plus Bellew is a local lad and Haye is a bermondsey cunt. 

Haye is not and never will be a 'great british boxer'. 

Haye is a cruiserweight. He stepped up to heavyweight and failed. His weight now is an age thing. He was a great cruiserweight no doubt about that but Bellew is a world cruiserweight champion. People are remembering the explosive cruiserweight Haye. This isn't a 'heavyweight division' fight as far as I'm concerned. Its two cruiser weights, one who is a bit heavier and older and one who has had to big up for the chance to make a name. I hope Bellew batters the cockney prick everywhere. Then gets some skills in articulating his words.

Haye looked knackered in that last press conference. On his phone, dis-interested, but he genuinely looked like he needs that 10 hours kip he says he has every night. Yeah he probably will land with his only tool (albeit a fucking fight stopper of a tool) but what if he doesn't? How is his head going to deal with it if he can't land? He will have to dig deeper than he has ever before and in a scrap with bellew and then there is only 1 winner between. His best performance in my eyes was when he ended macinarelli however you spell it. He beat valuev yeah but fuck me that was a thunder lips fight.

He got out boxed at heavyweight by the only decent opponent he has fought at a higher weight. Ruiz was shot to bits when they fought. 5 years ago even more that was. Ring stamina, heart, commitment to walk back into a tussle..... has Haye still got that in him? i don't think he has. If he is seeing this as a stepping stone to Joshua then go on, beat Bellew because Joshua would make mince-meat out of Haye. I want Bellew to win just to piss Hearn off because it kills his biggest payday yet. Plus Bellew is a local lad and Haye is a bermondsey cunt.

Haye is not and never will be a 'great british boxer'.

He didn't do a bad job of failing at Heavyweight, winning a version of the World title! Which I may add, was much harder to do then than it is now.

I think he'll go down as a great British boxer, he more or less cleaned out the CW division stepped up and won a version of the HW title. As far as CV's go in British boxing that's right up there with anyone.

Granted the two divs he's fought in and his resume aren't exactly littered with big names, but he makes it with ease into a top 10 Brit P4P in my lifetime I reckon.

There was no shame in losing to Wlad who will go down as an ATG in his defining fight, and if you put his post fight excuse and fight pull outs aside he's had a great career which isn't even over yet.

Having said all that, I'm in agreement with you I'd love to see Bellew win tomorrow, I'll support a Scouser over Cockney any day of the week!

Who has he really beat of genuine calibre? Haye that is. Ruiz? fuck off. He had fighters lined up form him that were walking into his "haymaker". Macinarelli was his first dangerous opponent and yeah Haye destroyed him brutally but what since? really? Hyped up fight against an 8 ft 234 pound beats then Klitschko who buzzed off him? Fuck Haye. 

Who has he really beat of genuine calibre? Haye that is. Ruiz? fuck off. He had fighters lined up form him that were walking into his "haymaker". Macinarelli was his first dangerous opponent and yeah Haye destroyed him brutally but what since? really? Hyped up fight against an 8 ft 234 pound beats then Klitschko who buzzed off him? Fuck Haye. 

Mormeck was a top Cruiserweight to win the title against and as you say Maccarinelli.

In 8 fights at heaveyweight he's had 3 tune ups, 4 World title fights, 2 of those against the title holders, 2 fights against Olympic gold medallists, a fight against a 2 time title holder and another against someone who fought for a world title. That is admittedly a bit of turd polishing but during his active years his opponents weren't too bad for heavyweight.

Who has Bellew ever beaten (he has had 1 more fight as well)?

I don't buy all this heart and dig deep shit either, Bellew has had to do that because he doesn't Have Haye's power. When needed to go the distance Haye has done so competently.

Guest Pistonbroke

What's all this shit about an age thing? Haye is only 2 years older than Bellew and at 36 is hardly over the hill when it comes to the HW scene these days. Haye is going to knock the shit out of Bellew. 

Hayes had a lot of stick for the two bums he's fought his last two fights, if you listen to his actual reasons on the gloves are off then it's very clever to have had them particular two as opponents, if it's actually true what he said.

The Eddie Hearn/Sky PPV hook has caught stig right in the mouth

A different Bellew its the same bang average fighter that isnt cutting weight. Haye moved up as he had unified the titles and as can be seen through his whole heavyweight run got in the right dietician and placed 10-20lbs on lean muscle on his frame. Haye isnt a cruiserweight at all.

Take someone like Chisora - ok he isn't top level but he is durable, difficult to fight, hardly ever gets stopped and is a natural heavyweight....Haye stopped him in 5 - Chisora has been the distance with Fury, Vitali Klitschko and others like Pulev...Haye's power is simply too much for a blown up full of water Tony Bellew who has been floored by men who carry nowhere near Haye's power.

Look at that fight he had at the pit with Makubu he was bowled over in the first round - yes he went on to finish it but he is just too easy to hit...and at 15st and dead puffy it will be him who is slow and there is for me just no way Haye won't catch him and when he does Bellew is going to feel punches he has never felt before and he won't be able to absorb them.